Faller

Some Important Questions Before Server Launch (SOLVED)

Hello guys! Firstly I'd like to thank everything whose helped me on my previous questions, it was really useful for me, I appreciate it so much!

Alright, I'm about to launch my server's closed beta soon, but I'm not sure of a few things, and I need the help of experts like most of you guys.

Also, I'll make sure to mention this awesome forum in my server's credits NPC :)

My questions are: 

1 - Should I make one SQL Account for every database?
2 - Should I change GM TOP1 Commands to encrypted/different commands? (Example: &make to &a923jde89DQ2)
3 - How should I organize my GameServer maps; 1 for each main city, 1 or 2 for secondary maps like PK Area 1, and 1 for mazes?
4 - Are there any must-do prevention I should add to website or server files?
5 - Is 50GB of storage, 12gb of ram and dual-core CPU enough for the host?
6 - Should I make a batch auto backuper or use a specific program for daily/hourly backups?
7 - Is it secure to use Chat Handler to handle GM Commands?
8 - Is Saeed's Anti Dupe System v1.4 good enough?

Others:
9 - My website Mall and Award Center are not working (nor IMPS/Credits counter), any tips?
10 - Can't go further lv120 with Leveling Cards nor EXP Pamps, just GM Commands. (DEEXP table is good to go until level 150 and changed EXP Pamp/Leveling Card item_use). Any tips?
11 - Some effects are bugged, for example: Rebirth Angels auras are showing vertically. Also some other effects are being shown on incorrect potions. Any tips?
12 - Are there any ways to check character's bank items on maze requirements? For example: We can add to can_enter that the character can't enter with specific items, but it just checks the inventory/equipped items, is there any way to also check the bank?

13 - Any recommendations or tutorials on Forum's system?  (Looking for good ones, I pretend to make my forum active, with lots of guides, fast answers and events).
14 - Are there any recommended/good server balance file? I want to make the best balance possible, that's my intention on opening Closed Beta, to try out classes balances.

This are my "some" questions! I hope you guys don't get bored reading it, and if you read until here, thanks alot! I hope you guys can help me somehow, I really need answer for this questions^^

All Regards, Faller.

Edited by Faller
  • Like 1

1 - its not necessary, but you can disable 'sa' and use another global login name, with an strong password

2 - its a good security practice

3 - for me the best is ( gs00 for arg, gs01 for shai, gs02 for ici, gs03 for mazes, gs04 for no mazes)

4 - for website you must use pdo driver for sql connections, so you can avoid sql injections, you can also use jwt auth to avoid cross site request...

5 - Host is enough

6 - Backup are important

7 - i dont know

8 - i dont know, but i made an free one out there

9 - check if the table row (credits, imp) in your user table

10 - don know

11 - dont know

12 - yes, i think is a function called CheckBagItens... / but i dont know the default params take a look in functions.lua

13 - i dont know

14 - i dont know

15 - Also be carefull with the server files and websites out there / they can contains backdoors...

Im not experienced but i glad if i can help with something

Edited by Home
  • Like 2

• Can't go further lv120 with Leveling Cards nor EXP Pamps, just GM Commands.
    • Did you also modify the text file and level limit place on Init_Attr?
  • Some effects are bugged, for example: Rebirth Angels auras are showing vertically. Also some other effects are being shown on incorrect potions.
    • Your effects are screwed because the numbers are wrong within ScenEffectInfo or SceneObjInfo. First of all, you can either go look into other client files and see which one best suits you. Another way to fix it is by finding whatever calls that effect, in your case a "Rebirth Angel". Go to that character's CharacterInfo line and check for their effect and then look it up on the files mentioned before, Play around with the numbers, compile and check if it suits you.
    • I think the same should apply for potions, yet they work with SkillEff, look up the potion's effect and see what effect is called upon and same procedure as before.
  • Are there any ways to check character's bank items on maze requirements?
    • There should be, as someone mentioned before, you can use something I got from a script here on forum. The scripts is down below. Whereas "X" refers to the number slots you want to check, could 24 for a normal player inventory or even up to 48 if they have increase, you can also potentially use "GetKbCap(Player)" instead of a number there and it will always return the size of the player's inventory. Since you are looking into a bank inventory, I guess you can leave it at a default 48 there. Next up is "Y", if you put the value of 2 there, it will check a player's inventory, maybe play a bit and try with 0 or 1 (this seems to be your current equipment, goes from 0 - 9 or 13), I guess you can even check for a player's temporary inventory. Finally "Z" will be the item's ID you will searching for, if it matches, then you just place your code there.
	for i = 0, X, 1 do
		if GetItemID(GetChaItem(Player, Y, i)) == Z then
			-- Your script here.
		end
	end

The rest of your questions are out of my knowledge, sorry.

Mandatory edit: Just to clarify something about checking a bank inventory, I got curios and tried to see for myself, to my surprise, what I said didn't work at all, yet I did found an interesting function which will help you. The value of "X" is the item's ID while "Y" is the amount, if a player has Y (or more) amount of X item then it will return 1 (LUA_TRUE), if it has less, then if will return 0 (LUA_FALSE).

if BankHasItem(Player, X, Y) == 1 then
		-- Your code here.
	end

Hope that helps. 

Edited by Angelix
Clarification
  • Like 1

Hello @Faller!

1. You can use one user for GameDB and AccountServer. But you also can use two different users for each database, it will be more reliable;

2. Yes, you can use this program

3. One GameServer.exe for each main map with some small maps;

5. Yes, your host is good;

6. Yes, you should make backups for databases every day;

7. Yes, it is secure. You can use HandleChat() function to secure GM commands:

• Like 1

@V3ct0r is disabling all & commands and replacing them with HandleChat() functions more secure?

• Like 1

logo-big.png   logo.png

Sunny Go! Online                                                                    pko.host                                                 

17 hours ago, Home said:

1 - its not necessary, but you can disable 'sa' and use another global login name, with an strong password

2 - its a good security practice

3 - for me the best is ( gs00 for arg, gs01 for shai, gs02 for ici, gs03 for mazes, gs04 for no mazes)

4 - for website you must use pdo driver for sql connections, so you can avoid sql injections, you can also use jwt auth to avoid cross site request...

5 - Host is enough

6 - Backup are important

7 - i dont know

8 - i dont know, but i made an free one out there

9 - check if the table row (credits, imp) in your user table

10 - don know

11 - dont know

12 - yes, i think is a function called CheckBagItens... / but i dont know the default params take a look in functions.lua

13 - i dont know

14 - i dont know

15 - Also be carefull with the server files and websites out there / they can contains backdoors...

Im not experienced but i glad if i can help with something

Wow!!! Thanks so much guys! I didn't think I'd get all this replies so fast :) This will help me so much, now I'm about to start the server, Imma reply to all the posts with my ideas and so.

@Home 1 - Alright! I'll disable "sa", I think it's really unsecure, must be the first backdoor the hackers try lol... And also, I'll try adding 1 account for the game itself and other one for the website auction etc.

2 - Cool! I'll do it with the critical commands then.

3 - I was thinking about doing this way, I'll work out with them on closed beta and choose the best choice.                                                                                                     

4 - To tell you the truth, I'm new to PhP, I'll search about this security methods and surely apply em, thanks!

5 - Good.

6 - Yes, but, do you use any programs for it? or just use batch?

9 - I didn't find this rows, so I presume they are missing. Should I add it to GameDB? Do you have a working DB maker?

12 - Thanks, Imma check it out.

15 - Yes, that's why I made sure to not just download anything from anywhere.

Thanks for all your answers, they were really helpful, I'll sure apply them ^^

9 hours ago, Angelix said:
  • Can't go further lv120 with Leveling Cards nor EXP Pamps, just GM Commands.
    • Did you also modify the text file and level limit place on Init_Attr?
  • Some effects are bugged, for example: Rebirth Angels auras are showing vertically. Also some other effects are being shown on incorrect potions.
    • Your effects are screwed because the numbers are wrong within ScenEffectInfo or SceneObjInfo. First of all, you can either go look into other client files and see which one best suits you. Another way to fix it is by finding whatever calls that effect, in your case a "Rebirth Angel". Go to that character's CharacterInfo line and check for their effect and then look it up on the files mentioned before, Play around with the numbers, compile and check if it suits you.
    • I think the same should apply for potions, yet they work with SkillEff, look up the potion's effect and see what effect is called upon and same procedure as before.
  • Are there any ways to check character's bank items on maze requirements?
    • There should be, as someone mentioned before, you can use something I got from a script here on forum. The scripts is down below. Whereas "X" refers to the number slots you want to check, could 24 for a normal player inventory or even up to 48 if they have increase, you can also potentially use "GetKbCap(Player)" instead of a number there and it will always return the size of the player's inventory. Since you are looking into a bank inventory, I guess you can leave it at a default 48 there. Next up is "Y", if you put the value of 2 there, it will check a player's inventory, maybe play a bit and try with 0 or 1 (this seems to be your current equipment, goes from 0 - 9 or 13), I guess you can even check for a player's temporary inventory. Finally "Z" will be the item's ID you will searching for, if it matches, then you just place your code there.

for i = 0, X, 1 do
		if GetItemID(GetChaItem(Player, Y, i)) == Z then
			-- Your script here.
		end
	end

The rest of your questions are out of my knowledge, sorry.

Mandatory edit: Just to clarify something about checking a bank inventory, I got curios and tried to see for myself, to my surprise, what I said didn't work at all, yet I did found an interesting function which will help you. The value of "X" is the item's ID while "Y" is the amount, if a player has Y (or more) amount of X item then it will return 1 (LUA_TRUE), if it has less, then if will return 0 (LUA_FALSE).

if BankHasItem(Player, X, Y) == 1 then
		-- Your code here.
	end

Hope that helps. 

@Angelix Hello!

1 - Yes, I edited "ATTR_LV" on Init_attr.

2 -  I compared sceneceeffectinfo with my old files, and they are looking the same. I think my problem is with SceneObjInfo, and I can't decompile it to make changes, when I tried using other server's sceneobj, my game crashed. Any tips on decompiling SceneObjInfo?

3 - So if the player has the excluded item he'd be able to enter? I'll try working out with this command, maybe I can make changes to it ;)

It did help me, thanks alot for wasting some time reading and answering my questions ^^

7 hours ago, V3ct0r said:

Hello @Faller!

1. You can use one user for GameDB and AccountServer. But you also can use two different users for each database, it will be more reliable;

2. Yes, you can use this program

3. One GameServer.exe for each main map with some small maps;

5. Yes, your host is good;

6. Yes, you should make backups for databases every day;

7. Yes, it is secure. You can use HandleChat() function to secure GM commands:

@V3ct0r Hello Vector!!!

1 - Alright, I'll try using different accounts for web/game, anyway, extra security is always welcome, right? :)

2 - I used your program and edited all the critical commands, now they are like "uidashudhua" hahahaha

3 - That's what I'm doing right now, gs0 for Argent + Portals inside argent and so on, I'll test which way performs better.

5 - Nice!

6 - Yes, but would you recommend me any specific programs for auto backups? Or just make a batch script for it?

7 - That makes everything easier. Do you have a made script for GM level 0 + 99 Handle Chat? (Player Commands for lv0 and GM for 99) I'll apply the security methods in your post tho.

Thanks so much for your answers C: I've used quite a few things from you, you have helped me alot lately!

7 hours ago, Shako said:

@V3ct0r is disabling all & commands and replacing them with HandleChat() functions more secure?

@Shako That's what I've been thinking of. I think HandleChat would be more secure because we can edit it as we want. With GM Commands we have to always keep the same lenght.

6 hours ago, xSeth said:

is ur srv medium ? or easy ?

@xSeth I'd say medium. It will have weekend maze, guild wars, forgeable cloak, daily quests, mazes every hour and so on. It wont be so easy to obtain things, I'd say you would be pro within 3 to 5 months playing with no donation. I'm still thinking about the donation effects in-game.

5 hours ago, ShAd3 said:

Looking forward for your server...!!!

@ShAd3 Nice!!!! You'll surely be welcome there! :) I'll let you guys know whenever it's open.

Thanks so much for all your answers guys, this forum have such a incredible community!

This topic is still opened if you want to answer something that was not asnwered before, or add information to someone's reply. I think this will be very useful for the new incoming developers ^^

All Regards, Faller.

• Like 1

i would love if ur srv will be more like top 1- old school ( if u knot wht i'm saying ) and many things like if u have 65 items , u can say ur PRO xD and if u gemm lv 2-3 gems u can say WOW xD i hope is like top 1 style , lvl also a bit hard but not so much

• Like 1

FileItem-2715-sethsignature.png

11 minutes ago, xSeth said:

i would love if ur srv will be more like top 1- old school ( if u knot wht i'm saying ) and many things like if u have 65 items , u can say ur PRO xD and if u gemm lv 2-3 gems u can say WOW xD i hope is like top 1 style , lvl also a bit hard but not so much

Well, I'm sorry to dissapoint you :(

But it's not "old-school" style. Like, it's easy to level up to level 100 and so on, and you can buy Normal Gems (Gem of Rage, Gem of Soul, etc) on Blacksmith Helper. But there will still be changes, maybe the normal gems wont be as easy.

If you're intersted anyway, the server will be opening really soon. We are going for an Closed Beta on friday, to properely balance the classes. :P

1 hour ago, xSeth said:

let's see then how will look xD

Nice! I'm sure you'll like it^^

I'll let you guys know when it's open!

(shhhh no more likes for today, there's a limit of 10 :()

11 hours ago, Yomazu said:

another server that xSeth will say: Corrupt gm and giving items to players.

You joke about that, but it actually happens on a lot of servers that people create and you'll find they only run for a short amount of time too haha!

Usually the TOP server owner cycle goes like this;

1) I'm going to create a server, woo!

2) Tweak files, get hosting, blah blah

3) Launch!

4) Get bored of just sitting around dealing with peoples complaints as a gm

5) Decide to make an "undetectable alt" and play

6) Get bored playing, and you remember you own the server so you give yourself a few upgrades

7) Someone else wants to do better in your server so they buy in game items, say $50-100's worth.

8) Server lasts a month or two, you get bored, player numbers drop and you decide to quit.

9) Cash in what you made, had a little fun as an alt

10) The next newbie server owner wannabe goes to step 1 and it starts all over again!

Not saying OP's server will follow that cycle, but you'll be surprised how many do go down that route.

Good luck with it all and don't follow this cycle ^_^

Edited by LikeAlcohol
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, Yomazu said:

another server that xSeth will say: Corrupt gm and giving items to players.

some1 is mad cz got caught and hes fail srv closed ? :D haha bro ... if some1 wanna give free items and ther is gm corrupt , that guy must be smart on use those things. 

Not like u and ur fail srv while u drop items to ur br nabs frends :) btw i forgot ur gay srv name sooooooooooooooooo i'm sorry it's already DeaD xD

4 hours ago, LikeAlcohol said:

You joke about that, but it actually happens on a lot of servers that people create and you'll find they only run for a short amount of time too haha!

Usually the TOP server owner cycle goes like this;

1) I'm going to create a server, woo!

2) Tweak files, get hosting, blah blah

3) Launch!

4) Get bored of just sitting around dealing with peoples complaints as a gm

5) Decide to make an "undetectable alt" and play

6) Get bored playing, and you remember you own the server so you give yourself a few upgrades

7) Someone else wants to do better in your server so they buy in game items, say $50-100's worth.

8) Server lasts a month or two, you get bored, player numbers drop and you decide to quit.

9) Cash in what you made, had a little fun as an alt

10) The next newbie server owner wannabe goes to step 1 and it starts all over again!

Not saying OP's server will follow that cycle, but you'll be surprised how many do go down that route.

Good luck with it all and don't follow this cycle ^_^

I know dude, buts this piece of ***** (xSeth) with 11 years old  only know blame servers and say bullshit like GM corrupt etc etc . ToP is dead because players like him end.

@Yomazu man plz i'm sorry cz i killed ur srv and hope you will create another one and i will destroy it again ok ? Love u son <3

P.S : i'm not sure if ur Firmina from Srvdev and u opened that Scrotos Pirates , if u are and u did that then i'm glad u show ur face here trash while u let  players to mall in ur sux srv and after that u close it , also ur FB page closed. And u come here to mention my name u dumb kidd ? 

Yea im 11 yrs old lmao xD  ... said a pathethic fail guy in real life xD

Edited by xSeth

@ShAd3 There will be all kind of gems. Acessory, Honor, Cloak, Azraels, Greats, Unique Gems, and so on... And there will be new gems on the upcoming updates :)
@LikeAlcohol Yea, that's true thing. The most servers just follow this cycle. But we want to do something serious, no corruptions or anything, friends wont get any advantages nor hard mallers.
That's so sad to see this happening, but happens on 99% of the server... lol

And hey guys, let's try not to fight^^ This kind of fights get us into nowhere.

EDIT:

Also, there should be no wipes. I think wipe is such a dumb choice (no offence if any of you have already done that). But, making intersting updates that get the players back into the game, is such a smarter choice.

Thanks for all your replies!

All Regards, Faller.

Edited by Faller

@Faller When ur srv open ? And btw if Betta stage work well and ther not exist any bugg or erros i think u don't need wipe it ... so let's go open it :)

Edited by xSeth
  • Like 1

@Angelix Hello!
1 - Yes, I edited "ATTR_LV" on Init_attr.
2 -  I compared sceneceeffectinfo with my old files, and they are looking the same. I think my problem is with SceneObjInfo, and I can't decompile it to make changes, when I tried using other server's sceneobj, my game crashed. Any tips on decompiling SceneObjInfo?
3 - So if the player has the excluded item he'd be able to enter? I'll try working out with this command, maybe I can make changes to it ;)

It did help me, thanks alot for wasting some time reading and answering my questions ^^

@Faller, No problem, I'm glad it was of help.

1. Did you also edit the text file within the resource folder?
  2. You should look for a decompiler or simply get a decompiled one from another place, edit it to you liking and compile it using "table_bin".
  3. That check is to see if the player has that item within bank, if you want to restrict access to map if a player has that item, then if the condition returns "LUA_TRUE", then you should put "return 0" in order for player not being able to enter.

Give me a heads up if it worked.

• Like 1

@xSeth @ShAd3 VPS is set up and working, server files installed and so on. :P I`m just have some troubles with my website, Slow Request Execution and Award Center / Mall not working. I`ll try my best to fix this things as fast as possible, else I`ll just use V3ctor`s simple Register/Ranking website for the Closed Beta.

@Angelix Thanks for the answers :) I`ll test all this again, I found out that the crashing problem was with my character. I`ll try looking in this files you mentioned before again.

Thanks alot guys!

If any of you know why I`m having this problems with my website, please, let me know!

Faller

• Like 1