Vasil

TOP/PKO Community - Dead or Alive

Hello,i was dicussing about this thread to @KONG,i think TOP is getting dead more and more,especially when servers are getting always offensed (hacked,broken or w/e u want to call it)

So if we ask our selves why is all that?The answer will be:the scripts/projects that are shared or uploaded to the MEGA Archive.

It's all coming from there.Why?Because the mostly shared things there are buggy/full of backdoors,and that goes to executables and website files.Sometimes even the bought website or project is injectable/vulnerable AF.And without naming the people selling that stuff,they will know their selves.TOP/PKO Community is getting dead all by that.Well i can't say pkodev is the source of all that because it's really a nice forum with nice moderators/community staffs,except some people of them.Whatsoever,while serverdev was up,Zankza gave Zero fucks about all of that,he was getting benefits that's why i guess($ MONEY $),but since now everything on top developement became mostlikelly on Pkodev hand,i guess you guys,and we developers should so something about what have been done in the past and make the stuff shared safe,we don't want the community to die but grow.

What about the sold stuff without permission?I guess most of you guys know about that and what i am meaning.Selling your projects is OK,but selling something that you don't own isn't well,and i guess you wouldn't like someone to sell yours without permission,even me i wouldn't like that.

Please,if you guys are with me,support me on this thread,i think we are able to clean all shared stuff from backdoors and upload it back to a fresh Developement archive,i can't say cleaning about Server Files,because it might take time,but i'm meaning Websites.Injection in-game can be prevented by V3ct0r's protection,or Filter Server temporally or Gemini X Fail,but if your website is not safe,consider your server done.I experienced that by myself when i was just a noob or a beginner on top developement,from Zankza and much others.There's some people that can't afford costing websites,either can create their own,then they just go to the archive and download a ready to use website then run it even without having knowledge if it's vulnerable or not.

We want the community to stay alive,not dead.

So guys choose now,do you want it Dead or Alive?It's dead enough already.

Please take it seriously!

-Vasil

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Vasil said:

Zankza gave Zero fucks about all of that

Nobody else have given TOP/KOP/PKO more than I did ever. You know this to be true when you see real engineers choose to work with me instead of others.

• Like 3

Nice to see you once again Zankza,we all know that you was giving alot of stuff and some of them were really cool and safe,but there are some pussy cats that are making glitches/holes everywhere,that's the  thing you gave 0 fucks about

Edited by Vasil

35 minutes ago, Vasil said:

One question @zankza,would you mind telling us why you closed ToPII?

He didn't close it, IGG did. Zankza just helped speed the dying process of the game, if IGG wanted, they could've kept on opening it and try to stop him. They didn't care so they just closed it. 

• Like 2

It's almost as if you should actually read through scripts before copy pasting them into "your" server files...

The problem is people like you who know nothing about what you are putting on your server and then turn around looking for someone else to blame when things go wrong. 

• Like 7

I guess you need some glasses,or you're certainly drunk.I am not talking about myself right now.I am talking about other peoples @Billy,so if you're going to reply on an useless way i don't need your opinion on that topic.

Hello @Vasil!

It's alive.

I agree with @Billy. People should use head when they taking files from public archives. Also they can make things by themselves and don't use doubtful files/scripts. There is successful servers and it is an big achievement of their administrators.

• Like 1

And if you see it's alive bruh,you're wrong.It's opinion but it was never dead like it is rn.I still remember how many people were inside and how many each server had on online count.

@Vasil It's a dead game, not because of releases with backdoors or people selling stuff that isn't theirs. People get bored, TOP is old, they find something new to try. Sure, there is still a community for the game, but nothing like there used to be. But it's not due to backdoors in scripts or vulnerabilities, if you don't read scripts you copy that's your own fault, don't blame it on the community or why the game is dead. You're just making yourself sound like an idiot, and I mean that in the nicest way possible.

And still i am not speaking about myself,there are brand new developers inside and most of them doesn't know how to clean scripts from holes or stuff,and they maybe don't even know it's with holes.

10 minutes ago, Vasil said:

It's not i am saying everything is caused by hacks,but hacks are a part of it being dead.

I understand what you mean, but you're still wrong. If anything, it is down to the way the "community" functioned. Basically people will make something, brag about it and then sell it off for a lot of money while people wanted to know how they did it. But instead it became a, "look at me, I'm better than you" and a "you want me to release this for free so you can learn from what I did? lol no".

12 minutes ago, Vasil said:

And still i am not speaking about myself,there are brand new developers inside and most of them doesn't know how to clean scripts from holes or stuff,and they maybe don't even know it's with holes.

you called yourself a developer at the first post, how come ? then u said there is new developers, the real developers are known and can be counted in your hand's fingers.

anyone else, sorry can't be counted.

1 hour ago, Vasil said:

That's why even a brand new, or very old developer can still harm your server if you don't check what you're putting in your server. 

You cannot trust anybody in a community. Even the known ones, you must be more afraid of them because the known ones are one who have the abilities to wreck any scripts like what you are using today.

5 hours ago, cpworkerz said:

you called yourself a developer at the first post, how come ? then u said there is new developers, the real developers are known and can be counted in your hand's fingers.

anyone else, sorry can't be counted.

Watch your mouth,you was a brand new developer a day too.

4 hours ago, Foxseiz said:

That's why even a brand new, or very old developer can still harm your server if you don't check what you're putting in your server. 

You cannot trust anybody in a community. Even the known ones, you must be more afraid of them because the known ones are one who have the abilities to wreck any scripts like what you are using today.

Still i'm not speaking about myself,talking about the new developers that run servers and have no knowledge if theres backdoors or not.

19 hours ago, Vasil said:

One question @zankza,would you mind telling us why you closed ToPII?

So the players would all move to foxlv, that way people would mall in his server and make him money.

What he didnt reallize, that his FOXLV server is a 0% pay to win (not like top at all, right?) So malling is worthless.

So people didnt come. So what he thought doing right was ddosing other servers (roso i think)

That backfired and left a huge hole in his server. After that, the server was barely surviving and going to a death sentence.

After reallizing that 80% of the community are oil kids that can mall 10k usd without a flinch, he made a vanilla IGG LIKE server. Looking at atm, the server is doing really great, as a p2w server with good expectations should. I dont know numbers (im good at math tho), but as i heard ppl saying, he like made 30k usd + from the server opening. Now that what a succesfull project looks like.

• Like 1

samurai-jack-drinking-e1447236593610 - Copy.jpg

Here's my two cents: It's not dead (yet), if you know what you do. A decent server administrator would always find a way to enthrall their players. It's just a matter of knowledge, patience and I guess depends whether you're passionate enough or not. Somewhere around you have blamed Zankza for not paying enough attention, claiming he was only looking for some cash, which is certainly not true. I'm really clueless if you know, but pko is running on a complied source, which is sort of an 'open-source' now if you can say so. The only issue, in my view, is that server staff fixate too much on acquiring fancy extensions that change gameplay entirely, when they should actually focus on revamping old stuff as: quests, skills, items, maps, interface and have to say there are many more things to be considered.

Oh, and yea, don't take it to heart, that was just my personal opinion xD