BeatsByDr.Dre

Making 2 Server Isle

I wonder if its possible to make a 2 isle that uses the same database, and files. 

its just the 1st isle is located in USA and the 2nd one on other country. just to make people not lagging? 

Can anybody share or guide on how to do it? 
Would appreciate it

it is totaly pointless to have a 2nd island in another region with the same database

but i guess is it possible but i dont know how to do it

but there is no reason to do it 

1 hour ago, Nobre said:

it is totaly pointless to have a 2nd island in another region with the same database

but i guess is it possible but i dont know how to do it

but there is no reason to do it 

It's not pointless at all since ping matters in this game also. FoxLv and PKO ran 5 differend hosts around the world on one server so yes it's possible.

Edited by Reaper
  • Like 1

Its possible to connect to a remote database, you just need to open the port 1433 ( MSSQL Port ), and point your game servers to the public ip of the database server

Its 100% possible

1 - Point various gate servers and group servers to the same account server

2 - Put all servers to the same db server

6 hours ago, Home said:

Its 100% possible

1 - Point various gate servers and group servers to the same account server

2 - Put all servers to the same db server

Did you try it and it worked?

Also, would this actually reduce any lag? Because the GateServer and GroupServer of the other isle will still have to connect to the first isle, increasing the latency.

• Like 1

logo-big.png   logo.png

Sunny Go! Online                                                                    pko.host                                                 

Just now, Shako said:

Did you try it and it worked?

Also, would this actually reduce any lag? Because the GateServer and GroupServer of the other isle will still have to connect to the first isle, increasing the latency.

It works and yes it reduces lag.

• Like 1

kong.png

a2.png

1 hour ago, KONG said:

It works and yes it reduces lag.

by how much? 

logo-big.png   logo.png

Sunny Go! Online                                                                    pko.host                                                 

The lag will only be reduced in gameserver interations. The only one who will be local. GameServer volatile interations means a lot.

@Shako

Edited by Home

1 hour ago, Home said:

Means the same lag to Login, Logout, Teleport...

Then what is the main purpose for it? Can you explain?

Edited by Shako

logo-big.png   logo.png

The main players interations are directly with the gameserver, maybe 80% ( Walk, Trade, Talk, Buy, Sell, Missions, Npc Talk... ). The GameServer only needs to query or save something there database when player enters game, leave, teleports to another gameserver...

@Shako

Is it safe to open port 1433 for database sharing? It might take a risk right? Crack your website config settings then use the infos and login to the shared database? 

I've seen these different isle settings on foxlv, pko, lost paradise i think? And sky pirates. 

Edited by xEvo7

Hit Like If You Like It!

Tekken-7.jpg

pko_network.png

Something like that, is how the network might looks when having 2 isles, behind multiple Gateservers to "improve the network latency".

note 1: there is no direct connection within the Gameserver and Groupserver, thats also done by the gateserver.

note 2: some questions are already explained above, but I'll also answer here, but with a cool image =)

Any of these process can be setup within any dedicated server/virtual machine (yes, these could be different machines).

In order to have a good latency/lag, take in mind:
These green and blue links must be always stable and with a very low latency
* by low latency: about ~50ms, excellent having <20ms

Red links can also be controlled, by the client side, instead of let the game choose a random, customise your client to choose one ordered by latency

*Not sure if this is already done at PKO, I guessing no.

note 3: green and blue links must be always keep internal, ensure that you have a correct firewall configuration =)

• Like 4

Discord: andresc

22 hours ago, Reaper said:

It's not pointless at all since ping matters in this game also. FoxLv and PKO ran 5 differend hosts around the world on one server so yes it's possible.

I have to remind you that is is with the same database 

43 minutes ago, BeatsByDr.Dre said:

is anyone have done this before? 

I don't get the point of dividing the server population, but as mentioned above, behind the same AccountServer, having 2 isles using the same GameDB shouldn't be a problem, you should test it =)

Discord: andresc

8 minutes ago, Totoka said:

I don't get the point of dividing the server population, but as mentioned above, behind the same AccountServer, having 2 isles using the same GameDB shouldn't be a problem, you should test it =)

if you have a host that is located in Chicago, Los Angeles. your players from other country like brazil, malaysia etc will get a high ping that cost delay or lag from them. 

ok i will just test it and see. 

I tried to connect a gate server for a remote GameServer but it failed, however i did a gate-group connection for a remote database and account server

On 11/22/2016 at 4:18 AM, Andy said:

i tryed this before and working, but gateservers crash random time. so i removed it xD

Same, I've tried to fix it and it really not worth using/trying it. Besides, I think people could have higher chance to dupe with it honestly.

• Like 1

i still dont get it

he wana use 2 islands with difrent gameDB or same DB

bcuz difrent DB can be helpfull for lets say an beta testing world

but same would be useless