Sign in to follow this  
Home

Private Server

Hi friends,

I'll open my own server very soon...

It will be an original pko server files.

im not experienced with private servers, so if possible, i want some tips.

for example: what should i know before opening an server?

Thank.

Edited by Home

make ur srv same like top 1 was , i mean hard/medium so u can reach players just like old time, maybe i can give u some tips later

and ofc u need anti duppe and protection and host lel

• Like 1

FileItem-2715-sethsignature.png

2 hours ago, Home said:

Hi friends,

I'll open my own server very soon...

It will be an original pko server files.

im not experienced with private servers, so if possible, i want some tips.

for example: what should i know before opening an server?

Thank.

There are many servers on attm, thats why them are telling that (i think). Tips:

- open beta first fot unknow bugs, etc.

- security.

- no lag server = players fun.

- dont make an alt or give items.

- use ur brain. 

• Like 1

if u make a srv with ur brain. ur active, u have HD-GM active also, help players, srv is based on old school with medium lvl,medium obtain items , trust me every1 will play it

• Like 1

I don't agree that it's not worth doing, I think you should go ahead and do it!

Of course you need a plan, a realistic goal and some simple ideas to get started. I certainly don't think you should give up on, it's doable. It may not be that easy, but it's definitely possible to run a successful server still.

• Like 4

@Home

Listen your players (within reason) and frequently make game events for them.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LikeAlcohol said:

I don't agree that it's not worth doing, I think you should go ahead and do it!

Of course you need a plan, a realistic goal and some simple ideas to get started. I certainly don't think you should give up on, it's doable. It may not be that easy, but it's definitely possible to run a successful server still.

Get real. ToP is dying, players are quitting. Almost every hardcore player is into PKO now and I'm not quite sure what you want to do to make him play your server and not any other, unless you manage to fix the source code and add some stuff that nobody else has.

5 minutes ago, nephthjes said:

Get real. ToP is dying, players are quitting. Almost every hardcore player is into PKO now and I'm not quite sure what you want to do to make him play your server and not any other, unless you manage to fix the source code and add some stuff that nobody else has.

It's not about fixing the source code, adding stuff that nobody else has. Take pirateking.online for example, sure it's Zanka but it's a very simple server idea. Manage the server professionally and people will come, and who says it just has to be for existing PKO players, whether they are hardcore or not. You can attract new players too. It's still very possible to run a PKO server, if it's done correctly. That isn't easy, but like I said it's possible. The gameplay itself will still attract newcomers for sure.

TOP may be dying but as long as you keep up the consistency players will follow. New players, old players and the lot of them.

I still stand by that opinion. People said TOP was dying before PKO was created by Zanka, but now it has 700+ online which is fairly impressive.

Edited by LikeAlcohol
  • Like 1

People always talk nice until they fail. Hope you don't find me rude or something.

I agree up to a point but I still think that right now opening any server is pointless. Zankza did some great job before opening a server (including fixed source code, custom website files and blah). However, if you even manage to fix all known flaws, make something unique or not, advertise the server so that new players who have never played top would play, there is still a couple of problems: 

- Opening a PK server might work, yet not for long. As soon as players gear up they get bored and start selling their stuff (known fact).

- Opening a Hard server / Old-school. Why would you even do it? There's PKO with 700 players, why would anybody play your server with 20/50/100 players?

Anyway, it's just my opinion and you can do whatever you want.

5 minutes ago, nephthjes said:

People always talk nice until they fail. Hope you don't find me rude or something.

I agree up to a point but I still think that right now opening any server is pointless. Zankza did some great job before opening a server (including fixed source code, custom website files and blah). However, if you even manage to fix all known flaws, make something unique or not, advertise the server so that new players who have never played top would play, there is still a couple of problems: 

- Opening a PK server might work, yet not for long. As soon as players gear up they get bored and start selling their stuff (known fact).

- Opening a Hard server / Old-school. Why would you even do it? There's PKO with 700 players, why would anybody play your server with 20/50/100 players?

Anyway, it's just my opinion and you can do whatever you want.

No it's fine I understand, just a debate here haha.

I think PK servers are a short term thing for sure, yes. However hard, old school servers still have potential despite PKO having the majority of the players.

Take this for example, why do you think Tales of Pirates had so many new servers coming out, because they had more and more players trying out new servers. Why? A chance to start over fresh, do better than they did on other servers. Why do we play games? We want to be the best, have some fun and show off. That's exactly what you can do if a new server comes out. This mentality will carry on throughout and the server will go from 50 active players to  100, then 200 etc. It's all entirely possible, but it comes firmly/ strongly down to management.

FYI. I'm not creating the server, @Home is.

Edited by LikeAlcohol
  • Like 1

Just now, LikeAlcohol said:

No it's fine I understand, just a debate here haha.

I think PK servers are a short term thing for sure, yes. However hard, old school servers still have potential despite PKO having the majority of the players.

Take this for example, why do you think Tales of Pirates had so many new servers coming out, because they had more and more players trying out new servers. Why? A chance to start over fresh, do better than they did on other servers. Why do we play games? We want to be the best, have some fun and show off. That's exactly what you can do if a new server comes out. This mentality will carry on throughout and the server will go from 50 active players to  100, then 200 etc. It's all entirely possible, but it comes firmly/ strongly down to management.

But eh, try to remember when was that time when people wanted to make more and more servers? There were way more players who had a desire to play, that's what I'm trying to say. It's not any harder to make a server than what it was some years ago. It's vice versa. The only thing is that now when everyone has progressed so much, there are very few players left and that's a real problem. If you spend some X amount of cash on your serer's advertisement, if you have some decent protection, then yes, maybe I can believe that you have a chance. Otherwise no. Simple as that ;) 

1 minute ago, nephthjes said:

. If you spend some X amount of cash on your serer's advertisement, if you have some decent protection, then yes, maybe I can believe that you have a chance.

There it is, you proved my point. It is possible, it's just incredibly hard. It's still worth doing if you're passionate about doing so and can put the work in. ^_^

Just now, LikeAlcohol said:

There it is, you proved my point. It is possible, it's just incredibly hard. It's still worth doing if you're passionate about doing so and can put the work in. ^_^

Alright haha, you win. @Home I'm sorry for the offtopic, let me know if you want me to clean it up for you :)

dude peoples those days want top like it was in 2007-2011 before TOP 2 ( private srv ) apper. Top 1 has most awesome experience ever , were every player if was a bit gemmed for example 65 boe ( omg boe that time was fking awesome +9 ) can kill easy a char lv 90+ 100 also, by a stun and 2-3 slash maybe , if that guy got a decent max like 2.5k-3k max. And i'm telling abut FC-DS chars can kill lv 80+ players , abut lots of stalls abut hexa abut MVM all day abut everything. 

That pko wich u talk abut now , it's just a waste of time wich will close very soon. I like it , it's just like TOP but it's harder than TOP 1 lol and srry but ther is best retard ever GM zanka. Wich just profitt for players for later close srv or bann them , just like did with FoxLvl , were all mall ther and this dumb bann all and closed srv.

I know pko have many players but from 700+ online u can see few wich are active , for example a Real Char ( real guy ) has prolly 20+ alts on and so on. So those 700 online are based on like 600 + of alts and 50-60 of real players.

And like i said if any1 would create a back files of TOP 1 VERSION with everything same as TOP 1 had many ppls would join , bcoz those days nobody like anymore bored PK like exist in ROSO-EPO and others shit srvs with 50k- 100k max every1 die 1 hit , with movement speed 99999 and just pk like crazy and no farm, no hunt bosses with party like old time , nothing. 

So yea i would love if some1 create TOP 1 back , or a srv based on it with old school.

• Like 1

to become a good admin and create a good server, all you need is experience. you should know how the game works, how gm works and more things. 
without experience and trying hard to make a good server ( you will fail )

You can see those previous admins that opened a server and closed in a month. 
it means that they have no experience, they cannot fulfill the players satisfaction.

You can balance your server with your experience on playing TOP/PKO

Edited by BeatsByDr.Dre

19 hours ago, xSeth said:

dude peoples those days want top like it was in 2007-2011 before TOP 2 ( private srv ) apper. Top 1 has most awesome experience ever , were every player if was a bit gemmed for example 65 boe ( omg boe that time was fking awesome +9 ) can kill easy a char lv 90+ 100 also, by a stun and 2-3 slash maybe , if that guy got a decent max like 2.5k-3k max. And i'm telling abut FC-DS chars can kill lv 80+ players , abut lots of stalls abut hexa abut MVM all day abut everything. 

Completely agree, this was the best TOP in my opinion! Before all the 'full devil' shit though haha.

A +9 boe was legendary at that point lmao.

FC was by far my favourite part, the PK was great. I think 2.5-3k max is how it should be for sure.

MvM's at the bar is a thing that I never see enough of on Private Servers. If you can get a server with MvM/ PvP's at the bar in Argent you're on to something.

They were the good times for sure!

• Like 1