Shako

Changing Maximum Guild Members

Hello guys!

I've found that another thing that doesn't work in GameServer configurations is that you can't limit guild members, even if you put the values in.

I reckon it is able to be fixed / edited by hex-ing the GameServer itself instead.

Does anyone know the address? Any recommendations? Is it possible to do through LUA?

Thank you!

ShaKo :D

logo-big.png   logo.png

Sunny Go! Online                                                                    pko.host                                                 

Hi Shako. There is no address because this was not implemented. The configures were placed there for future development. Even in 2.x src, this configuration wasn't read by GameServer. 

• Like 1

kong.png

a2.png

13 hours ago, KONG said:

Hi Shako. There is no address because this was not implemented. The configures were placed there for future development. Even in 2.x src, this configuration wasn't read by GameServer. 

Hm, I hope someone can make a function to patch gameserver on this one! :)

logo-big.png   logo.png

Sunny Go! Online                                                                    pko.host                                                 

4 hours ago, Shako said:

Hm, I hope someone can make a function to patch gameserver on this one! :)

Hey Shako!

The weird thing is, looking at the code, I haven't seen any related count against guild members when someone apply to join, or is being accepted.
There wasn't a limit ? I thought it was a maximum of 80, but I'm probably mixing with some other game.

> emMaxMemberNum

Discord: andresc

1 hour ago, Totoka said:

Hey Shako!

The weird thing is, looking at the code, I haven't seen any related count against guild members when someone apply to join, or is being accepted.
There wasn't a limit ? I thought it was a maximum of 80, but I'm probably mixing with some other game.

[Guild]
guild_num		= 80

[Guild]
guild_try_num		= 80

GameServer.cfg - v2.X

@Totoka yes, i believe the default limit is 80.

Editing the vales on gameserver.cfg doesn't seem to work, haha xD

Edited by Shako

logo-big.png   logo.png

update guild\t\t\t\t\tset try_total =try_total -1,\t\t\t\t\t\tmember_total =member_total +1\t\t\t\t\t\twhere guild_id =%d and member_total <%d and try_total > 0

looking at the query (hex editor)

That may can be changed here:

member_total <%d

for

member_total <99

*this way you are limited to a range ( 1-99 )

as the last dynamic parameter, it wont have problems, I guess.

but if your idea is to increase it more than 100, you have +3 options

1: move forward the rest of the query ( which is not much, but you may don't have enough space to move it. )

2: move the whole query to somewhere else where having space, and pointing to your new offset.

3: change instead the magic number by looking where this query is being used, like:

guild-size.png

in an hex editor should be the address 0x0008A8F3 ( NOTE: there is space for 1 signed byte, the maximun signed byte is 0x7F = 127 )

( there are also more queries with this magic number, but i think this one does the work you want ).

edt:-----

V 1.36

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Totoka said:

update guild\t\t\t\t\tset try_total =try_total -1,\t\t\t\t\t\tmember_total =member_total +1\t\t\t\t\t\twhere guild_id =%d and member_total <%d and try_total > 0

looking at the query (hex editor)

That may can be changed here:

member_total <%d

for

member_total <99

*this way you are limited to a range ( 1-99 )

as the last dynamic parameter, it wont have problems, I guess.

but if your idea is to increase it more than 100, you have +3 options

1: move forward the rest of the query ( which is not much, but you may don't have enough space to move it. )

2: move the whole query to somewhere else where having space, and pointing to your new offset.

3: change instead the magic number by looking where this query is being used, like:

guild-size.png

in an hex editor should be the address 0x0008A8F3 ( NOTE: there is space for 1 signed byte, the maximun signed byte is 0x7F = 127 )

( there are also more queries with this magic number, but i think this one does the work you want ).

edt:-----

V 1.36

Have you tested it out?

logo-big.png   logo.png

6 hours ago, Shako said:

Have you tested it out?

No; I'm currently unable to test it, It doesn't change the limit ?

- Did you tried to set 1, and then join with 2 characters ?

11 minutes ago, Totoka said:

No; I'm currently unable to test it, It doesn't change the limit ?

- Did you tried to set 1, and then join with 2 characters ?

I haven't tested it, xD

Will tell you once I have. 

logo-big.png   logo.png

1: This one should be the correct to go, by moving the lessThan operator, there can be a range of 1-999 :P

guild-query-1.png

ex:

guild-query-0.png

2: I think is not applied, this option should not be used.

3: You can also change this number(if you don't go for option 1), but it is very limited upto 127 (01 to 7F)

guild-max-member-0.png

Explanation:

This query suppose to be executed when a new member has been approved to join the guild,

If it fails, there should be a rollback, and the character shall get a failure message.

The reason to fail: This query update the guild, if member_total<999 , which means this guild has reached the maximum amount of users.

• Like 2

@Totoka Thanks! I will definitely try it out! :)

logo-big.png   logo.png

47 minutes ago, Satan said:

@Totoka What about Guild Ui Members / Maximum, which there is: MemberQty/80 :P ? Any idea?

There is a magic number within the gameserver which is being replicated as the maximum,

it might be replaced

max-guild-member.png

find these yellow bytes on your gameserver, and change the 50

- note: this value is limited to a range from 0 to 7F

there is also another solution, for the client side, which is by removing the maximum dynamic value, or just changing the string format to accept a single number instead,

" %d "

" %d / ?? "

" %04d "

=)

• Like 2

On 10/27/2016 at 12:26 PM, Totoka said:

1: This one should be the correct to go, by moving the lessThan operator, there can be a range of 1-999 :P

guild-query-1.png

ex:

guild-query-0.png

2: I think is not applied, this option should not be used.

3: You can also change this number(if you don't go for option 1), but it is very limited upto 127 (01 to 7F)

guild-max-member-0.png

Explanation:

This query suppose to be executed when a new member has been approved to join the guild,

If it fails, there should be a rollback, and the character shall get a failure message.

The reason to fail: This query update the guild, if member_total<999 , which means this guild has reached the maximum amount of users.

After this changes, i couldnt run Gameserver