V3ct0r

Displaying additional parameters on the form with character characteristics (frmState)

[Mod] Displaying additional parameters on the form with character characteristics (frmState)

screenshot_1.png

Each character has about 74 characteristics, but only some of them are displayed on the "Character" form. This mod allows you to add additional parameters to the form with the character's characteristics (frmState), for example, "luck", "movement speed", "critical hit chance" and others.

Requirements

Installed mod loading system for server and client (PKOdev.NET mod loader).

Modification information

Name: pkodev.mod.extendedstats;

Version: 1.0;

Author: V3ct0r;

Type: for client (Game.exe);

Supported executable .exe files: GAME_13X_0, GAME_13X_1, GAME_13X_2, GAME_13X_3, GAME_13X_4, GAME_13X_5.

Installation

1) In the "mods" directory of your client, create a "pkodev.mod.extendedstats" folder;

2) Place into it the mod DLL file "pkodev.mod.extendedstats.client.13x_<ID>.dll" for your version of Game.exe;

3) Place into it the mod settings file "pkodev.mod.extendedstats.cfg";

4) Edit the "pkodev.mod.extendedstats.cfg" file at your own discretion: add a list of new text labels with additional character stats in the following format:

<label_name> = <characteristic_ID_from_file_AttrType.lua>

Example:

labLukShow = 30
labMfShow = 38
labCriticalShow = 39

Thus, the "labLukShow" label will display the amount of luck (ATTR_LUK), the "labMfShow" label will display the drop chance (ATTR_MF), and the "labCriticalShow" label will display the critical hit chance (ATTR_CRT). The "AttrType.lua" file is located in the "GameServer\resource\script\calculate" folder on the server side;

5) Add GUI scripts for new text labels to the "preperty.clu" file:

-- Lucky
labLukShow  = UI_CreateCompent( frmState, LABELEX_TYPE, "labLukShow", 26, 8, 16, 370 )
UI_SetCaption( labLukShow, "L" )
UI_SetTextColor( labLukShow, COLOR_PURPLE )
UI_SetLabelExFont( labLukShow, DEFAULT_FONT, TRUE, COLOR_WHITE )

-- Critical chance
labCriticalShow  = UI_CreateCompent( frmState, LABELEX_TYPE, "labCriticalShow", 26, 8, 80, 370 )
UI_SetCaption( labCriticalShow, "C" )
UI_SetTextColor( labCriticalShow, COLOR_PURPLE )
UI_SetLabelExFont( labCriticalShow, DEFAULT_FONT, TRUE, COLOR_WHITE )

-- MF chance
labMfShow  = UI_CreateCompent( frmState, LABELEX_TYPE, "labMfShow", 26, 8, 144, 370 )
UI_SetCaption( labMfShow, "M" )
UI_SetTextColor( labMfShow, COLOR_PURPLE )
UI_SetLabelExFont( labMfShow, DEFAULT_FONT, TRUE, COLOR_WHITE )

Download

1) Binary release (.dll);

2) The source code of the mod for Visual Studio 2019 Community (C++).

If you encounter any problem, bug or have any questions, then feel free to write in this thread.

• Like 1

Hello @V3ct0r, i’ve got two questions kinda off-topic from the post above but related to your mods. (I’m not able to test the mods in pc nor install them to check, as im away from home busy with Uni stuff).

First Question:

Does the mod include the “source” codes which can be transfered to source code instead of using the dll.

Second Question:

Aint it better to use Source Code instead of Dll? And wouldn’t it be better if you could share source code instead of mod/dll?

Note: It’s more that i wanna know the difference/quality/possible issues of dll and source code itself.

34 minutes ago, Rinor said:

Does the mod include the “source” codes which can be transfered to source code instead of using the dll.

Yeah you can actually migrate those changes to the source code.

34 minutes ago, Rinor said:

Aint it better to use Source Code instead of Dll? And wouldn’t it be better if you could share source code instead of mod/dll?

The use of Dynamic linked library (DLL) here enables us to modify the behaviour of existing/compiled executables, official exes are an example.

36 minutes ago, Rinor said:

Note: It’s more that i wanna know the difference/quality/possible issues of dll and source code itself.

there's no issues as long as you modify/hook the right functions/members pointers and your code has no errors; I'd say using the source is just easier, you don't have to find functions/members pointers, you just modify and re-compile.

Kind regards, AG.

On 1/3/2022 at 6:02 PM, dragontechi said:

I was checking this mod and I don't know what could be happening, the movement speed does not show up when equipping something

You should use ATTR_MSPD (ID 44) parameter for the movement speed.

12 hours ago, Rinor said:

Hello @V3ct0r, i’ve got two questions kinda off-topic from the post above but related to your mods. (I’m not able to test the mods in pc nor install them to check, as im away from home busy with Uni stuff).

Hello @Rinor!

11 hours ago, Rinor said:

First Question:

No, you cannot directly transfer mod source code to client and server source codes because it wrote with mods specifics. But you can understand the idea and an approximate implementation algorithm.

12 hours ago, Rinor said:

Second Question:

I have written my thoughts on why I am developing mods in this article ("The Problem").