Jap

Review of "Pirate war online" server.

Pirate War online.

Now this server was anticipated so much, it was announced around 2 weeks before beta, beta was like 4 days or smth. Then it opened and it generated around 300+ players everyday. Now, after around 2 weeks of the server, the server is this:

bandicam 2017-02-12 09-58-01-985.jpg

For those people who played this server, this is I think personally the best example of a bad server.

The gm's i believe: Volchre, Yudha, Stoic and Pain.

And the 1 GM who was responsible for the interaction with the players Volchre, BARELY spoke english. (start clapping)

Pros about this server:

1) For a new server, the opening was like from a book. Very well executed with beta tests. They anticipated their start with like 2 weeks or so and that ended up resulting in more players, around 350 total count.

2) No crazy gems, like sharks, azz, glares, great etc. Only crack,chip,ug, bd and +2 gloves. I personally think that is the perfect recipe for a medium server.

Cons about this server:

1) Prolly main of the cons - Lack of Gm managment skills. This maybe comes to coding the server i have no idea. But it took around 1 week after the main start for the GM's to open the item mall.

2) Bugs etc. When the server opened, Ca was opened in that excact moment. Meaning people got very very early CA set. Later on the game, this server was established around CA set, and people who get their first 1-3 day CA set got to rule pk, CA set effect monopoly basically. Since the early game armor was CA set. And the bd set had around 1% drop - stupid. Another bug was in mazes, where a ship gets buffed several times, then lands and the char has insane max and mspeed. This was fixed aprox 3 days later after people abused FC. And at start, voys were really, really strong. They would conch 1,1k at ca when cruzes had 3k hp. And they nerfed the voys conch only, not bolt. And the nerf was late, meaning that cruz class came in place and took over the meta of pk (as always).

3) GM's not listening to community. I really don't understand gm's, that try to create a succesfull server for the PLAYERS, and not LISTENING to players. And considering those players take time to write reports about the server issues on the forum (that nobody fucking does) atleast respect those players and give a valid reason why you think that is not good for the server, then blatantly ignoring them. There was SO little interaction between GM's and the players, gm would usually respond on forum after few days of posting. And only host events without even talking with the players. Maybe this was because of the english barier idk.

4) dumb events. When the server would have a DC or a ddos or whatever u call it. The gm would do a 2x exp/drop event THAT day. Making a event the excact day, is very bad. Since very little people do play on that time. And other people will get mad bcuz you host a event the excact day you want to. They did a hexa event, resulted very bad. The 5th tasks was bugged. They scheduled the hexa for tomorow and didnt say a word in world chat nor in system - lack of interaction with players. The other day ofcourse ppl didnt log or do the hexa, since by that time the server died.

5) ballance of mazes. This server mainly focused on FC, and oh baby baby do you know what i think about servers  focusing on low lvl mazes... The best drops were like this FS>DS>DW. Meaning fc has crack gems (sht ton of them) , DS chip gems only from bosses. DW only for kals, boe and uns 65, no gems.

I reported that DS has poor drops for a mazes and that it needs a change. Ifcourse that 90% of the server rushed FC for the easy crack gems, many people dissagreed and the GM didnt change a thing. After a week or so, players left FC since they were literally maxed out on crack gems and went DS for chip gems. Now posts apreared on the forum that DS drops really suck and it need changes. 

Again, servers focusing on low lvl future, dies. 

6) free EQ in store, rings 65, neck 65, eq 55. This can be argued personally i believe these "free item shops" are bad for the economy of a medium server.

tips for future gm's:

1) interact with players - talk with them in discord about the problems of the servers etc. etc. Don't just say "Thanks for your concerns about the server issues, we will discuss this with our team" The community is getting smaller, and the player base is constantly decreasing, so taking that in consideration, you need to very active in the first 2 weeks of the server and talk with the community. 

Take advices from players - Players who played for so long, players that played almost all of the succesfull and non succesfull PS's KNOW, what will go wrong in YOUR server and what is good about it. Meaning that players that do write reports on forum and report the problem too the gm, know what they are talking about.

2) Don't open CA the day the server starts, because that encourages CA SET EFFECT MONOPOLY. Considering your server is hard/medium, medium/hard. And open up item mall maybe the second day or even the first day. NOT the 7th day of the server opened.

3) Lack of advertisment. This is very simple, this basically consists of a person copy pasting the same server links and rates to other ppl. pkodev ofcourse, other forums. Many servers nowadays use discord. That gives GM's the opportunity to send private messages of their server to other servers members using discord.

Contact me if you want me to help you with your server.

• Like 4

samurai-jack-drinking-e1447236593610 - Copy.jpg

I also felt like there wasn't anything to do aside from the mazes or CA, which sucked. It took a week or so before I got bored of doing the same thing over and over. Really unfortunate, I wanted the server to do well.

7 hours ago, Jap said:

Pirate War online.

Now this server was anticipated so much, it was announced around 2 weeks before beta, beta was like 4 days or smth. Then it opened and it generated around 300+ players everyday. Now, after around 2 weeks of the server, the server is this:

bandicam 2017-02-12 09-58-01-985.jpg

For those people who played this server, this is I think personally the best example of a bad server.

The gm's i believe: Volchre, Yudha, Stoic and Pain.

And the 1 GM who was responsible for the interaction with the players Volchre, BARELY spoke english. (start clapping)

lel man u forget the nab one gm Satan = Volcher/Yudha=Stoci/Heitor=Pain

"300+" if u count 250+ alts on minning and tree u can say that 300+. If u count normal players u can say 10-15 max in the first days, then later was pk by 3-4 vs 3-4 + count alts like champs-sm-etc

Also the funny part i ever heard  is that CA set effect + rank list = more tanky in ca.

Lol from when that dumb thing is available ? I have NEVER EVER heard abut this crap lol , even in TOP 1-2/ Or any privates , first time i see here lol + i didn't realise any difference , i heard that Minov ss had full CA set + rank list but  for me it's was a trash, so i don't get it that "effect " lol

And like i said before too if u want x1 srv rates go and fking advert it everywhere, facebook, all not spamm here and on discord lmao...

Look at pko  after advert a lot time now he got 900 on , 890 alts minning/tree and pk is dead ther too 3-4 vs 4-5 lmao . But at least system show 900 on , and u r like " wow , omg 900 " and when u enter u see STALLS everywhere , every place , afk every1 24/7 , and only pk map CA u see " 5 inside " lmao .

TOP is dead to keep x1 rates , every1 want PK srv

IF even IGG didn't want create TOP 1 again , they might know it's not worth to do it so they just give up , but we will always see some nobs trying open srv and close after 1 week .

• Like 1

FileItem-2715-sethsignature.png

4 hours ago, xSeth said:

lel man u forget the nab one gm Satan = Volcher/Yudha=Stoci/Heitor=Pain

"300+" if u count 250+ alts on minning and tree u can say that 300+. If u count normal players u can say 10-15 max in the first days, then later was pk by 3-4 vs 3-4 + count alts like champs-sm-etc

Also the funny part i ever heard  is that CA set effect + rank list = more tanky in ca.

Lol from when that dumb thing is available ? I have NEVER EVER heard abut this crap lol , even in TOP 1-2/ Or any privates , first time i see here lol + i didn't realise any difference , i heard that Minov ss had full CA set + rank list but  for me it's was a trash, so i don't get it that "effect " lol

And like i said before too if u want x1 srv rates go and fking advert it everywhere, facebook, all not spamm here and on discord lmao...

Look at pko  after advert a lot time now he got 900 on , 890 alts minning/tree and pk is dead ther too 3-4 vs 4-5 lmao . But at least system show 900 on , and u r like " wow , omg 900 " and when u enter u see STALLS everywhere , every place , afk every1 24/7 , and only pk map CA u see " 5 inside " lmao .

TOP is dead to keep x1 rates , every1 want PK srv

IF even IGG didn't want create TOP 1 again , they might know it's not worth to do it so they just give up , but we will always see some nobs trying open srv and close after 1 week .

You never see the Chaos Equipment effect in display since many servers go around the fact of giving overpowered equipment at the beginning (like level 65+) and players go for that since there's no need for equipment in Chaos Argent. There is a function in every server that if a player has a full set of equipment from Chaos Argent and is registered in the ranking from the NPC, that player will receive a bonus. If the player is in first rank, it will receive a 50% damage reduction, second receives a 40%, third a 30%, fourth a 20% and fifth a 10% damage reduction. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Angelix said:

You never see the Chaos Equipment effect in display since many servers go around the fact of giving overpowered equipment at the beginning (like level 65+) and players go for that since there's no need for equipment in Chaos Argent. There is a function in every server that if a player has a full set of equipment from Chaos Argent and is registered in the ranking from the NPC, that player will receive a bonus. If the player is in first rank, it will receive a 50% damage reduction, second receives a 40%, third a 30%, fourth a 20% and fifth a 10% damage reduction. 

lol what dafuq  xddd  ...

FileItem-2715-sethsignature.png