Sign in to follow this  
Shako

Disallow blank names

Hello!

I'm trying to figure out how to disallow blank names during character creation.

Example of the blank names are generated from ALT keys - Alt + 255 , Alt + 0150 , Alt + 32

These make it unfair for other players in PVP.

Does anyone know how to disable this?

Thank you!

ShaKo

Edited by Shako

logo-big.png   logo.png

Sunny Go! Online                                                                    pko.host                                                 

17 minutes ago, Shako said:

Hello!

I'm trying to figure out how to disallow blank names during character creation.

Example of the blank names are generated from ALT keys - Alt + 255 , Alt + 0150 , Alt + 32

These make it unfair for other players in PVP.

Does anyone know how to disable this?

Thank you!

ShaKo

i believe you have to list those names in a filter file in client. there was a filter for GM and it says illegal name. 

there are 3 ways, add these alt codes in ChaNameFilter.txt or use 1.39 Ru Game.exe in your client side (it can be traslated to eng) or change gamedb collation to chinese.

Edited by Andy

2 hours ago, BeatsByDr.Dre said:

i believe you have to list those names in a filter file in client. there was a filter for GM and it says illegal name. 

you can add it, but the filter doesn't work. maybe because of encoding? I'm not sure.

1 hour ago, Andy said:

there are 3 ways, add these alt codes in ChaNameFilter.txt or use 1.39 Ru Game.exe in your client side (it can be traslated to eng) or change gamedb collation to chinese.

I tried to add it in ChaNameFilter with no success. Can you send me link to this Game.exe?

logo-big.png   logo.png

Sunny Go! Online                                                                    pko.host                                                 

ChaNameFilter is for strings. There are endless possibilities players can generate with those 'character', Client edit is also bad, as mentioned on another thread. Here, you must hook at at Server, when receiving the player_name packet, the Name is then validated.

kong.png

a2.png

1 - create a new validation function within your code section in your groupserver.exe, like this:

groupserver-validatename-new.png

( be sure to create it within a free space )

2 - take this new function pointer, and replace the current one:

groupserver-validname-call.png

note: used offsets on the pics maybe not applied to your groupserver.exe, in my case I used one from the version 1.36

- edit:  this function allows a-z A-Z 0-9

• Like 1

Discord: andresc

Thank you @Totoka! I will definately try this out when I have some time.

logo-big.png   logo.png