Sign in to follow this  
Shrek

Server/Website

Hi everyone!
Can someone help me by answering few of my questions?!

1. Is it necessary to make 2 sql users for Databases?
2. Is Vps, 12gb ram v2 Cores 50gb disc enough for host?
3. Is there a way to avoid Ddos? "if" someone ddos it makes lag ingame & website is almost closed?!
4. Which Hosting Service is better? can you send me a direct link to the VPS that i should take.. (not sure by searching myself)
5. Is there anyother website other than PKO site, that works normally?
6. Whats the point of running Server & Website in different hosts?

This are just few of my questions.. I appreciate anyone who can answer!

1- not necessary, but for more security is taken care of for each database

2- for a small server of 20 to 50 people ,but it is recommended to use a dedicated server

3- cloudflare or sofware BeeThink anti-DDoS Guardian

4- use that of your country or foreigners, but never those who offer on this web

5- there are but most have backdoors ,use pko site and edit your template would be the best

Discord:Wolfen#1498

https://www.patreon.com/ReTop

well these are my answers...
1- not necessary as @wolfenx said.
2- dedicated server or at least 8gb ++ ram windows server host.
3- cloud flare for site( hiding ip address), kiwi (detecting packets and auto block high packets sender) but its not blocking it forever so if you are sure that an ip is dosing you create a firewall rule to block it(google it).
4- hmm there are many companies, i 've  tested google/ovh both of them are good.

5- yup there are but as @wolfenx said they maybe have a backdoor, so you can buy one or edit your pko site template (its totally up to you).

6- hiding site, hiding site ip with cloudflare so no one could reach to site's real ip to launch a dos or something..

Kind regards, AG.

Hello, those are my own opinions:

1. I recommend having 2, as an additional security to your game databases.

2. As Zankza pointed out on some thread on the late server-dev website, 8gb is enough to handle 300 players, but the higher specs are, the better it is.

3. As for the website, I thought of Cloudflare as a protection to use, although using it on a different VPS/Dedicated Server.Game, I don't think any anti-DDoS is efficient for it as some developers & script kiddies are exploiting some gate server flaws which allows them to send an exact amount of packets to port 1973 which can definitely lead to random lags in-game, several servers had this going on this whole month & that's the conclusion I came to.

4. I highly recommend https://www.ovh.com/ as it is the best hosting provider I ever used, was efficient to my programming projects as well.Offers an anti-DDoS that can stand up to 2GB/S DDoS altering.

5. There are some developers doing that, I began creating one and I had almost finished it, but unfortunately, I have the last year of university so it's so bad to give time to both for the project & studies.

6. Game: Can track the IP of the server easily through decompiling ServerSet, if you have done encoding ServerSet so hard, people might use something else to detect the IP.

Website: There's a 5% Chance that someone can easily get its IP, that's if you're using CloudFlare & a different host, else wise, people can track it using Command Prompt.

@wolfenx @J0k3r @x3wor - Thanks for taking your time to answer.
I got few more, after your answers:
1. If i use Ovh Host, which platform i should pick if VPS,  "VPS Cloud Ram" ? or just "VPS Cloud".

2. Using Ovh Host i get the anti-ddos with it? or i should get a CloudFare for it instead?
3. @J0k3r i think using Kiwi is bad, coz it also block people who loads website normally without attempting to do any ddos..
4. Using Game (Server) in other Host & Website into another Host, this means i have to pay 2 hosts? i think that would be expensive paying both separately, or there is cheaper ones for website host?

Thanks, Shrek!

The website does not require more than 2GB of RAM.Although, ovh host provides a built-in Anti DDoS.But for the website, if a secondary host is being used, using CloudFlare is a must.