Angelix

EXP Function

What functions interfere with the process of giving EXP when killing a monster? I did many modifications and can't backtrack quite right. The thing is, I'm not receiving any EXP, no errors show up on console nor lua_err.txt. Any clues? Thanks!

kop 2.4

GetExp_New -> GetExp_PKM -> ShareTeamExp

there are more variants between each, but that seems to be the experience flow

edit: using a tool like WinMerge, or similar can be a good start to check your changes against an old version

Edited by Totoka

Discord: andresc

39 minutes ago, Totoka said:

kop 2.4

GetExp_New -> GetExp_PKM -> ShareTeamExp

there are more variants between each, but that seems to be the experience flow

edit: using a tool like WinMerge, or similar can be a good start to check your changes against an old version

Thanks! You save me hours of scripting again, haha.

Apparently, while trying to remove useless scripts and add a custom feature, I accidentally deleted "GetExp_PKM(dead, atk)" and I didn't notice, haha. Thanks again!

2 hours ago, Angelix said:

Thanks! You save me hours of scripting again, haha.

Apparently, while trying to remove useless scripts and add a custom feature, I accidentally deleted "GetExp_PKM(dead, atk)" and I didn't notice, haha. Thanks again!

@Angelix i suggest using a version control software so all edits can be monitored and viewed, and even rollback. 

kong.png

a2.png

56 minutes ago, KONG said:

@Angelix i suggest using a version control software so all edits can be monitored and viewed, and even rollback. 

What kind of software? Never used one before. I merely do trial and error thing by thing, I rarely modify a bunch of code without testing, today I did and something went wrong, haha.