Sign in to follow this  
wouter2004

Question: login function and onkill function

Dear All,

I have a question, I am working on an automated event which occurs every week and for this I need a clear "onkill" function for monsters?

This means that when you kill a particular monster this function is automatically triggered and can give you items.

Additionally I was wondering if there is a clean "onlogin" function, which only starts when you logon to the GameServer.

I would like to use this for the function to deliver daily gifts to players.

Last but not least, is there a package function which allows you to show pictures on client side?

The example below is the "GmMail" package, but I would like to make a nice login GUI with more details about daily gifts.

image.png.5b7e528fdea07e8c7192373eab8e3bdb.png

Hello, @wouter2004!

I have a question, I am working on an automated event which occurs every week and for this I need a clear "onkill" function for monsters?

This means that when you kill a particular monster this function is automatically triggered and can give you items.

You can use function 'GetExp_PKM' from file exp_and_level.lua (GameServer\resource\scripts\calculate) as "OnKill" event function.

For example:

Additionally I was wondering if there is a clean "onlogin" function, which only starts when you logon to the GameServer.

I would like to use this for the function to deliver daily gifts to players.

I recently posted a turnkey gift system solution here:

Pay attention to the function 'private:on_player_entered_map', it is called every time the player enters a map. Also there is function 'private:on_player_leaved_map' it is called every time the player leaves the map, respectively.

Last but not least, is there a package function which allows you to show pictures on client side?

The example below is the "GmMail" package, but I would like to make a nice login GUI with more details about daily gifts.

I have not seen such function. I think need to patch Game.exe or add the function to the source code of client.

Hi V3ctor many thanks for your support!

that is indeed very helpful, I will check if I can make a derived function based on monster kills and check special monster kills, like Boses and event mobs.

Player enter map will also help. I will use an ODBC script to keep track of login timestamps. Already use some new tables for game and website integration.

Regarding the client pictures:

I see that most server package functions are in the character.cpp, I will copy one and try to make a new package on both client and server, then on client side create a nice daily gift window with checkmarks, which will open on request.

will share it when I am done, but you already helped me a lot thanks!

• Thanks 1

On 11/16/2021 at 9:57 PM, wouter2004 said:

Regarding the client pictures:

I see that most server package functions are in the character.cpp, I will copy one and try to make a new package on both client and server, then on client side create a nice daily gift window with checkmarks, which will open on request.

Check out this thread, I think you will be interested