oldwise1

how to create the game from scratch

I would like to know what programming language is used to create Tales of Pirates, I am studying Unity 3D, and soon I will try to transfer Tales of Pirates to Unity 3D, but before that I need to understand how Tales of Pirates works, could anyone Recommend me a course? or tell me how it works, I need to learn how to create the game from scratch, based on top1-2

5 hours ago, oldwise1 said:

I would like to know what programming language is used to create Tales of Pirates, I am studying Unity 3D, and soon I will try to transfer Tales of Pirates to Unity 3D, but before that I need to understand how Tales of Pirates works, could anyone Recommend me a course? or tell me how it works, I need to learn how to create the game from scratch, based on top1-2

You can check the language from the CO files provided. But when compiled by VS, mostly its lua.

@oldwise1 "In the old days", game studios used to develop their own engine in-house. This is the case for Tales of Pirates: they built everything from scratch using DirectX. This is no longer the case, as even triple-A studios opt for Unity or Unreal.

Anyway, back to your question: C++ and Lua. This is all you need in terms of programming languages. The implementation of the game logic is simple, but a difficult and long task. The implementation of the server side is a whole other nightmare. There are libraries and frameworks that can help you nowadays, but all choices must be done with good networking architecture reasoning.

• Thanks 1

"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it."

- Donald E. Knuth

On 04/12/2023 at 21:48, Mdrst said:

@oldwise1“Antigamente”, os estúdios de jogos desenvolviam internamente seu próprio motor. É o caso de Tales of Pirates: eles construíram tudo do zero usando DirectX. Este não é mais o caso, já que até os estúdios AAA optam por Unity ou Unreal.

Enfim, voltando à sua pergunta: C++ e Lua. Isso é tudo que você precisa em termos de linguagens de programação. A implementação da lógica do jogo é simples, mas uma tarefa difícil e demorada. A implementação do lado do servidor é um pesadelo totalmente diferente. Existem bibliotecas e frameworks que podem te ajudar hoje em dia, mas todas as escolhas devem ser feitas com um bom raciocínio de arquitetura de rede.

tq bro