Sign in to follow this  
SolidusZA

Website Releases that work on a full web server

Hi guys

Does anyone know of any released website files that would work on a full domain server.

not on XAMPP or Zend etc. A full .com website server

Tried V3ctors one but just want to see what else there is.

You mean on managed hosting? No. and you don't really have any 'public' variations, all websites are the same except vector's.
I've a private python website that is based on django framework I just roll it with a docker image.

Kind regards, AG.

XAMPP/Nginx/Zend are just HTTP/PHP engines, you can register the machine running these with any .com domain.

Edit: misunderstood your question, but yeah as @AlGhoul said I believe there are no fully web-based public releases.

"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it."

- Donald E. Knuth

2 hours ago, Mdrst said:

XAMPP/Nginx/Zend are just HTTP/PHP engines, you can register the machine running these with any .com domain.

Edit: misunderstood your question, but yeah as @AlGhoul said I believe there are no fully web-based public releases.

I agree that XAMPP/Zend are PHP engines, however Nginx can do much more, it could be used with python based websites with uWSGI and other solutions out there.

• Like 1

Kind regards, AG.

2 hours ago, Mdrst said:

@Mdrst I dont mind running the website off my server I can just point my domain name to that server as the website.

Any suggestions for a decent (possibly secure no backdoors) website files i can use for XAMPP? @AlGhoul

Regardless of files used, I suggest turning SQL queries into prepared statements or stored procedures.
For backdoors, analyze every single SQL query that is executed by the website.

"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it."

- Donald E. Knuth

Vectors website is safe to use. Xampp is fine for hosting as well.

If choosing between nginx and xampp keep in mind management overhead and configuration complexity that comes with nginx.

I think Perseus has also released a website based on laravel framework. If you upgrade the framework to the latest version, then this would be a very viable option too.