Sign in to follow this  
Juan

What server are ppl looking for

1 hour ago, KONG said:

this forum is abit shy of players, and majority of users here are developers.
But I shall answer your question because, I too, was a long time player and know the game fairly well on a deep scale.
Please keep in mind that these are only my opinions and stats I've gathered throughout the years.

- about every kind of servers have existed. Extremely OP, medium, oldschool, farm, brute PK. All type of servers had have success before. This is only a matter of whether the admin knows his job or not.
- go oldschool and you'll probably have to compete with the giants (klab/zank).
- go PK and compete with giants, too (derick/sultan).

- go medium and compete with giants, yet again (yudha/satan)

- maybe try not to re-open a server that has already been opened. Rinse/Repeat drives players insane.
- Note that all server owners above have their "own" features and files. Not your typical server owner who opens a copy of "roso"/"ava"/"upo"

- all server owners above again, does not start off by asking what players want. They set goals, accomplish it, and wait for the game contents to grow on the players.

- because something that may sound good on paper, may not always be as good when deployed to a live server (vice versa). Dont rely on "perfect" server. It's BS.
- stop worrying about the income of item-mall and worry about the player count !

- and finally... these questions get asked too often... a server's success is not what the players want, but the ability of an admin who can grow with their players. Player base of TOP is not too much, grow with them, they will invite their friends. Very often, players just play a server because they know the admin and they know he can get the job done. (I wouldn't want to invite any of my friends to play a server I've just got done arguing with the GM or gets DC every 2 hrs). Also, I've never seen an advertisement made so earth-shattering that everyone wanted to join his/her server. It's always the players who invites the new comers. So really, if you don't know what you want and you don't even know what your player wants... go back and play the game to see why you liked it. Build on it.

Sorry for my rant, I just thought I'd give an answer to the so many "What server do you want?"/"Perfect Server" threads out there.
Because people often answer with "X exp rate, Y drop rate, Z party rate"/"no OP"/blah blah. These answers are hopeless and if it would magically make a server success,
we'd all have servers with thousands of players.

After reading my hopes of creating a server:

200.gif

xD Jk.

Men, thats the anwer i was looking for, really thnks. I will try to think what i really want to do.

Thanks you!. :)