Sign in to follow this  
Studweiser21

Dedicated Servers

Hi everyone!

Under advisement from Kong, I'm exploring dedicated servers for my BETA/ Official launch. I was hoping someone could help me with a good breakdown of what my needs might be. I figure if I can plan on different levels of scaling, it should help when shopping for one!

Currently it is being ran on:

8 Core, 32gb machine (Internet speeds 30-35mbps download, and 8-14 upload), which could be upgraded speeds of 175mbps, and around 18 upload. 

I'm curious if anyone could recommend what I SHOULD use for:

150-200 players

400-500 players

600+?

Additionally, if anyone has a server recommendation, or if they get a "kick back" for "referring a friend" I'm happy to help if it ends up being the best choice. I think being able to scale up/down depending would be helpful, since I really have no idea on what my potential player count could be. I'm trying to avoid undershooting too much and performance being an issue, but at the same time, overshooting and being out the additional expenses. 

Thank you all ahead of time!!

Hello, your network is bad for a TOP server, else wise, the specs are good.I recommend getting a dedicated server from OVH for 70/100$ monthly with promising support & specifics.

#EDIT: To run a server smoothly without problems and really good with no lag I recommend OVH as I said with 1GB/S network, it fits top perfectly, I don't think 175 MB/S is enough.

Edited by x3wor