Vasil

Collecting few suggestions for a TOP/PKO/KOP Modern Server

Alot of oldschool & hard servers are running right now,but seems people are all going away from it so,

I wanted to collect few suggestions for a *Modern* TOP Server(Not old crap) Suggestions,so like that , developpers may get benefit too from the new suggestions and build it up all into their own servers....

Kindly,

Vasil

What kind of server you are willing to create? It will always depend on the type , there's specific features for a PK Servers,and others for Farming Servers.

• Like 1

First of all,take your complete time to build the server completely,otherwise it will be dead less than 3 days .

These are my suggestions:

in the meanwhile..........................

-New Type of Lottery System.

-Think of a new system  of PK/Bossing

• Like 1

Here's my two cents:

I'll try to be real brief - I've no idea about the rest of the community but personally seeing the same maps over and over again on different servers sort of removes the fun of the game - don't get me wrong, they're okay. The point is that just a little bit of originality and creativity to update server maps is a small task yet still pleasing to the eye. Say we have Ascaron with the same regions and textures, adding new areas to the map to explore by quests should make it more good-looking.

Then, there's certainly something wrong with leveling on hard type servers. It's fun to level up till you're 70+ but after that you just either kill millions of mobs to get a single level or do dozens of quests. So, maybe someone should rewrite leveling system somehow to actually keep interest in leveling (adding automated rates on different days doesn't really solve the issue, something else has to be done, I'm just not sure what it is).

Last but not least is bossing. There are ways to bug the bosses with SS or champion or w.e.. One possible fix is to simply increase vision range but that doesn't make bossing more 'breathtaking' you know, I can hardly call the game breathtaking at all but still you got the concept :) Creating a brand new AI should do the job but one thing is just writing the code and another - thinking of a proper algorithm to make it as exciting as possible.

One thing I'd like to add is drop rates.

You can add any item you like to any monster drop, but set it at a very low drop rate, enough for it to drop, but low enough so it doesn't drop too often so it creates a demand within players and eventually create an economy.

That's what I see that's lacking on every server right now and they have no market since gold is useless, they give items a high drop rate and players can just farm them at a 100% drop rate without needing to buy it from other. That creates another type of market where players store and store gold up to insane values and when they try to buy an item from item mall from another player, the values are going way above 50 billion. In my point of view, that's useless, I mean, ToP never that, at most (in some seasons) an item like azrael gem or corporeal kylin reached around 1 or 2 billion, no more.