Sign in to follow this  
e1mer

Proxy-server with DDoS protection

Good day, at the dawn of the launch of the latest Corsairs Online server, it was attacked, bots tried to log in to the game as normal users, spammed traffic as if they were “trying to move” in the game, and other garbage that was quite difficult to separate from normal traffic in the first stages.

I wrote a proxy server in Node JS that can separate garbage from normal traffic, at speeds of up to 160,000,000 BPS it did a great job, it was running on 4 cores and 4 GB of RAM, running Linux.
So I had to patch GateServer and expand the number of possible connections to 7,500 simultaneous connections.

At the speed indicated above, I managed to achieve that there were no more than 100 one-time fake connections.

The entire result was achieved without blocking IP addresses.

What exactly does a proxy server do? I will describe briefly:

1. First of all, it checks traffic for default stress testers; such connections do not even reach GateServer and die immediately;
  2. Indirectly determines whether the player is actually trying to establish a connection;
  3. Controls the connection between the Player and GateServer;
  4. Controls incoming packets, a specific algorithm has been written to identify garbage that is blocked in subsequent ones;
  5. And all sorts of shiny and beautiful things that block unwanted traffic;
  6. The longer a proxy server runs, the smarter it is and the less likely it is to fail;
  7. Able to log inputs/outputs in the game;
  8. Optionally, I will add a blocker for IP addresses for you, if you need it;
  9. Optionally, you can add an “offline mod” so that players always remain online, even when they simply close the client (regardless of whether the “stall” skill is used);

Video demonstration recorded at the time of the attack: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vSv81JHiDSJM8WtC_nxTOAP4fTMCiGxb/view?usp=sharing

The cost of this bike: $500 in USDT, for those who are too expensive, don’t bomb, this is a symbolic fee for the software, which is given to you “without a subscription.”

Any tests on your part are welcome.

What is included in this service?

• Complete setup of the hardware and installation of software, all you have to do is specify the IP address and port of the server (there is also the possibility of launching “next to the server” on Windows).
  • Expansion of connection support on GateServer from 5,000 to 7,500 connections (possible both on source code and on standard files that do not have source code).

At the moment, the only reason for selling this bike is that a more advanced version is being developed, and this goodness can serve people.

To contact use telegram: @e1mer