Daxter

Changing Movement Speed (MS) for characters and boats

Hi,

I've found the stat growth tables in AttrCalculate.lua, like this:

--Attributes Growth Rate of Newbie Class
		Mxhp_con_rad1[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU], Mxhp_con_rad2[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU], Mxhp_lv_rad[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU]	= 3, 2, 15							--Max Hp
		Mxsp_sta_rad1[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU], Mxsp_sta_rad2[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU], Mxsp_lv_rad[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU]	= 1, 0, 3 							--Max Sp
		Mnatk_str_rad1[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU], Mnatk_str_rad2[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU], Mnatk_dex_rad1[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU], Mnatk_dex_rad2[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU]	= 1.5, 0.4, 0, 0	--Minimum Attack
		Mxatk_str_rad1[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU], Mxatk_str_rad2[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU], Mxatk_dex_rad1[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU], Mxatk_dex_rad2[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU]	= 1.5, 0.4, 0, 0	--Maximum Attack
		Def_con_rad1[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU], Def_con_rad2[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU]		= 0.1, 0.1										--Defense
		Hit_dex_rad1[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU], Hit_dex_rad2[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU]		= 0.6, 0										--Hit-Rate
		Flee_agi_rad1[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU], Flee_agi_rad2[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU]	= 0.6, 0										--Dodge Rate
		Mf_luk_rad[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU]	= 0.39																--Luck
		Crt_luk_rad[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU]	= 0.31																--Crit
		Hrec_bsmxhp_rad[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU], Hrec_con_rad[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU]	= 1/200, 1/8										--Hp Recovery
		Srec_bsmxsp_rad[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU], Srec_sta_rad[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU]	= 1/100, 1/12										--Sp Recovery
		Aspd_agi_rad[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU]	= 1.1																--Attack Speed	
		Str_updata[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU]	= 0.2 
		Dex_updata[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU]	= 0.1 
		Con_updata[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU]	= 0.6 
		Agi_updata[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU]	= 0.1 
		Sta_updata[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU]	= 0.1 
		Luk_updata[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU]	= 0.1 

My questions are:

• Is there a generic/default table for classes that do not have these attributes defined as above?
  • How can I define base Movement Speed values?
    • And, out of curiosity, can they change per class?
  • Is there a similar way to edit stats on boats, or are those defined by items/per boat? And if so, can boat movement speed be edited as well?

Thank you,

I've managed to find this regarding boats:

However, I'm still at a loss for the remaining questions, so any help is welcome

@Daxter
- Is there a generic/default table for classes that do not have these attributes defined as above?

If SetCharaAttr() is not called, I believe the default value for attributes is the one defined for that entity inside Characterinfo.txt.

- How can I define base Movement Speed values?
The movement speed attribute has an alias of ATTR_MSPD. It is calculated from base movement speed (ATTR_BMSPD) and items/status effects:

function Mspd_final(a)
	local mspd_final=math.max ( BSMspd(a) * 0.3 , ( (BSMspd(a) * MspdIa(a) + MspdIb(a) ) * math.max ( 0.3 , MspdSa(a))  + MspdSb(a) )  )  --[[取当时实际mspd]]--
	return mspd_final 
end 

From what I can see, originally ATTR_BMSPD is simply the base movement speed of that unit, which is defined in CharacterInfo.txt. You can change it there if you want to change a character's speed.
If you want to tweak it based on class, first add a list to store the values:

Mspd_mod = {} 

Then, you must add one entry per class following this syntax:

--Attributes Growth Rate of Newbie Class 
Mspd_mod[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU] = 1.1  -- Pick an arbitrary modifier here to be used later at ExAttrCheck()

At function ExAttrCheck(role), you will define what the final base movement speed will be:

-- The function can be anything you want, e.g. based on the modifier list or it could be based on players attributes:
-- Just don't forget that the basic movement speed is the one from CharacterInfo!!
local basic_mspd = 400 -- Taken from CharacterInfo
local mspd = basic_mspd + math.floor(mspd_mod[job] * 10 * Agi(role) ) 
SetCharaAttr(mspd, role, ATTR_BMSPD)

There could be side effects to changing the base movement speed, so an alternative would be to edit function BSMspd(a) at functions.lua.

• Like 1

"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it."

- Donald E. Knuth