Sign in to follow this  
Daxter

Index Overflow (item info)

Hello,

When starting my gameserver i get the following error:

index [8000] overflow,please check resource file [./resource/ItemInfo.txt]

From what I gathered my GameServer did not support Item IDs over 8k, so I tried condensing the numbers and got them to under 8k. However, I kept getting the same error, but down do index [7001]. I even tried getting the IDs under 7k but still got the index [6000] message.

As a side note, once I got it under 8k, the client compiler stopped giving errors.

Any ideas?

Also, in case it's relevant, existing characters can not be selected to enter the game (they are invisible in the character selection screen) and when trying to create a new character the error message "invalid database structure comes up".

9 hours ago, Daxter said:

Hello,

When starting my gameserver i get the following error:

index [8000] overflow,please check resource file [./resource/ItemInfo.txt]

From what I gathered my GameServer did not support Item IDs over 8k, so I tried condensing the numbers and got them to under 8k. However, I kept getting the same error, but down do index [7001]. I even tried getting the IDs under 7k but still got the index [6000] message.

As a side note, once I got it under 8k, the client compiler stopped giving errors.

Any ideas?

This one, you need to change the limit of your database limit. Based on the forum, you can use modding if you don't have SRC files. Check the modding section. There is a mod to change the table limit.

• Thanks 1

On 7/22/2023 at 5:11 PM, kyleflow said:

This one, you need to change the limit of your database limit. Based on the forum, you can use modding if you don't have SRC files. Check the modding section. There is a mod to change the table limit.

That did it, thanks! If anyone else needs help with this topic this is the guide I used: