LINK1218

Effect of ring or equipment question

Hello, my English is basic if something grammar error please forgive me.

I have some effect question, I read this article  https://pkodev.net/topic/419-creating-new-set-glow-effect/?tab=comments#comment-2343

and I follow all of steps but it doesn't work, can someone help me? please!

another question my GameServer>Resource in this folder I don't have the sceneffectinfo.txt ,but my ClientServer>script>table in this folder  it has sceneffectinfo.bin ,and it can show all now effect, but how to get the original sceneffectinfo.txt? 

Thanks all!

I tested it, if I change function.lua, variable.lua and skilleff.lua ,then my skilleffect in the game does not work. but if I use original function.lua, variable.lua and skilleff.lua, and skilleffct work in the game, so I guest it should be my gameserver.exe, which do not open the that three .lua, how should I do? 

Can anyone give me a gameserver.exe that can open the three .lua?

12 hours ago, LINK1218 said:

I tested it, if I change function.lua, variable.lua and skilleff.lua ,then my skilleffect in the game does not work. but if I use original function.lua, variable.lua and skilleff.lua, and skilleffct work in the game, so I guest it should be my gameserver.exe, which do not open the that three .lua, how should I do? 

Can anyone give me a gameserver.exe that can open the three .lua?

You're wrong. It's not GameServer if you're just swapping out lua files to make it work. If you make a change and it doesn't work, it means you're doing something wrong. Instead of just changing files, try going back, track every change you made and figure out what's wrong.

Why not try something simple? I think most of the files by default have the level 85 ring plus unseal 75 armor glow/effect. So get that, change a few variables to see if you can make it work and then go from there. Good luck.

7 minutes ago, Angelix said:

You're wrong. It's not GameServer if you're just swapping out lua files to make it work. If you make a change and it doesn't work, it means you're doing something wrong. Instead of just changing files, try going back, track every change you made and figure out what's wrong.

Why not try something simple? I think most of the files by default have the level 85 ring plus unseal 75 armor glow/effect. So get that, change a few variables to see if you can make it work and then go from there. Good luck.

thank you I find the error at the function.lua, my effect add at error position, it can work now.