Hi, 

Im planning to open my own server, however i have some doubts and fears about item dupe... I want you guys to tell me how exactle the players dupe itens, and so i can try to make a script... Thanks.

There's a anti-dupe out there but it's for sale by Saeed.

But if you can't afford it then just make a script that the system will eliminate the clone character, then you'll probably be safe on dupe.

dupe by " bank/teleport/tykets/blueprints/mazes/bosses/portals/statue " all tested by me.

And Saeed anti-dupe not worth to all ANTI-DUPE methods.

FileItem-2715-sethsignature.png

If im not wrong, by teleport, from 1 GS to another, characters are cloned, if you sent a second request in the middle of the process that makes an exception, or just force it by re-login, dest map loads your character, and it never get released/stored until some event comes up(that wont happend, coz the client is at this moment pointing to gs-source from gateserver), source map releases your character, and gateserver too. and when you login again, your character should be on source map, dest-map does not get notified about this. so the cloned character still alive on dest-map.

trade stuff, get into the dest map again, and the process is like this:
source-GS stores and release.

(that bug is here) dest-GS stores and release the cloned, then re-loads the original.

im sure there should be more ways of doing same.

Hope that help you to fix that problem, isn't hard.

• Like 1

Discord: andresc

There is one bad solution: use one GameServer.exe for all maps.

2 hours ago, V3ct0r said:

There is one bad solution: use one GameServer.exe for all maps.

How come it is a "bad" solution? Can u explain?

logo-big.png   logo.png

Sunny Go! Online                                                                    pko.host                                                 

1 час назад, Shako сказал:

How come it is a "bad" solution? Can u explain?

Try to run GameServer.exe with garner, magicsea and darkblue together. You will get an error that do not enough memory. Even if you somehow start the GameServer with these maps, I think it will lag. 

@V3ct0r well, what do you suggest instead? 

logo-big.png   logo.png

Sunny Go! Online                                                                    pko.host                                                 

Maybe can be done within another server, which handles the character data, instead of duplicating it by each GS, as Mu Online does with DataServer, and many other games. ( MU does not really need such featurexD ... but they have it)

Edited by Totoka

The way I look at it is as a server admin, you won't need to worry about the more advanced item dupes until your server gains a lot of attention, and by then you should be able to buy the protection you need that exists already.

Is there a way to assign a unique id to each item in the game? Then you can just check for duplicates lol.

Unique id's for every item dropped by a monster, anything bought by an npc etc?

Edited by LikeAlcohol

6 minutes ago, Perseus said:

What it was a couple of years ago will never be replicated if people like who I quoted still go around pulling shenanigans like this. Either help, or don't reply at all. Don't leave others in a state of dreadful limbo where they don't know whether you truly know something or are just fucking with them for the sake of your e-penis. 

Sharing is caring!

Back on topic;
I'm guessing unique id's will slow shit up big time, now we have the source technically you could separate the character data I guess like Mu Online as @Totoka just suggested

Edited by LikeAlcohol

What i know about duping...

Little Explanation

Inventory, Temp Bag, Bank are stored in resource table

Inventory, Temp Bag, Bank data are stored in memory by the current GameServer while the play dont leaves GameServer

Even if the player trade, drops, store in bank or receive itens for another player it is only updated in memory, and not in resource table, until the player leaves GameServer

When a player teleports from Argent City to Shaitan City, Shaitan Ciy Game Server gets the data from resource table, and not from Argent City Game Server

Edited by Home
wrong explanation
  • Like 1

So sad these people on this post. This gave me cancer.

The only dupe method i knew is the teleportation dupe which it get interfered by delay..

This is how its made:

You are in argent and you want to dupe in icicle. Ull click in icicle ticket.Dont let it teleport you. click and alt+f4 directly. Then log in again and go to argent bank. Put the item you want in bank. Then use a ticket again ull get dced. Log in again ull find the same item on ur bank. One in bank one in ur inventory.

Hope i was useful. 

Is that the regular process of teleportation?

PLAYER clicks to teleport...
SERVER creates a character instance in the Destination Game Server
SERVER updates the character data in database with Source GameServer character instance data
SERVER deletes current Source Game Server character instance...

51 minutes ago, Home said:

its possible to retrieve and store the user inventory data in a lua variable?

ya, but that wont help to avoid such problem, each gameserver has a different lua VM.

-----

There is an HEX way of doing this.

when a character get DC after go the dest map where the clone is. You can filter that reason, and then don't let the GS save the cloned character.

Edited by Totoka

What you guys think will happen if i change the order?

Player teleport...

Server saves player...

Server deletes source gs player instance...

Server creates new intance in dest gs

3 hours ago, Totoka said:

ya, but that wont help to avoid such problem, each gameserver has a different lua VM.

-----

There is an HEX way of doing this.

when a character get DC after go the dest map where the clone is. You can filter that reason, and then don't let the GS save the cloned character.

Has it been done?

logo-big.png   logo.png

52 minutes ago, Shako said:

Has it been done?

Tested, I already debugged that part, it is posible.
GS Dest. when creating a character instance, checks if there is already one.
If so, saves old character(such stupid thing), and discard new which was about to be created (then a disconnect is performed here).

The logic could be changed with HEX, and can be better with an injection.