Sign in to follow this  
Lord_HiccupSS

Newbie in dev :D

Hi guys! im trying to add a new npc to my game and i have put the codes in npcscript01.lua, added npc in garner.txt in argent city. But whenever i try to run my game it shows this error - 

msg parse resource file [./resource/garner\garnerNPC.txt] failed ,No [190 Starter - Npc], please chech format and version!

I do not really understand, what seems to be the problem here? anyone can assist a newbie? :D

Your error message states to check the format and version of your new npc entry - this suggests you might have not used tabs correctly or perhaps missed out on certain required fields (basically the format of your new npc line does not match the required format, check the ones that are working for reference)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, champ said:

Your error message states to check the format and version of your new npc entry - this suggests you might have not used tabs correctly or perhaps missed out on certain required fields (basically the format of your new npc line does not match the required format, check the ones that are working for reference)

Hi thanks for the reply. Yes I did re-use the ones that are already there. I just changed functions since you cannot have 2 in the same file. for example :

function r_trade01 ()

Talk( 1, "Goldie: Hi, I sell all sorts of weapons! Take a look!" )

Text( 1, "Trade", BuyPage)

initTrade()
    Weapon ( 0791    )  

Weapon ( 0791    )

Weapon ( 0791    )

end

-- this is blacksmith goldie script

function r_trade02 () -- i simply changed the function here

Talk( 1, "Starter - NPC : Hi, I have the things you need!" )

Text( 1, "Trade", BuyPage)

initTrade()
    Weapon ( 0791    )  

Weapon ( 0791    )

Weapon ( 0791    )

end

let me know what i went wrong here.

You’re not paying attention to the error message:

msg parse resource file [./resource/garner\garnerNPC.txt] failed ,No [190 Starter - Npc], please chech format and version!

it clearly states that the error is in garnerNPC.txt on line 190. Npc ID: 190, npc name: Starter - Npc

You need to check that line out 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, champ said:

You’re not paying attention to the error message:

it clearly states that the error is in garnerNPC.txt on line 190. Npc ID: 190, npc name: Starter - Npc

You need to check that line out 

I did check it out infact checked everything out before asking the question. I found the "real" error its not in the garner.txt, the function is not found in any of the lua files. I guess i just have to find it. 

Hello @Lord_HiccupSS,

So, what's the result? Have you solved the problem?