Sign in to follow this  
Mdrst

ToP Soundtrack inspirations

A while back I noticed Argent City's song is almost a perfect match compared to Studio Ghibli's "A Town with an Ocean View":

Has anyone found out if they were as "inspired" with the other songs?

• Like 2

"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it."

- Donald E. Knuth

All I know is that the login song is also based on the "on a clear day" song from the kiki delivery service (that seems to be based on John Field - Nocturne No. 5). I've tried listening to other Studio Ghibli songs in the past to see if I could find any that matched, but I couldn't. I would really appreciate it if anyone knew where the rest of the OST came from, especially the spring city theme.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Skinner said:

All I know is that the login song is also based on the "on a clear day" song from the kiki delivery service (that seems to be based on John Field - Nocturne No. 5). I've tried listening to other Studio Ghibli songs in the past to see if I could find any that matched, but I couldn't. I would really appreciate it if anyone knew where the rest of the OST came from, especially the spring city theme.

Nice find!

"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it."

- Donald E. Knuth

Track 07 (Autumn Isle & Game Trailer) -> The Blue Sky of the Adriatic Sea / Adoria-kai no Aoi Sora アドリア海の青い空 , from Porco Rosso (NOT to be confused with 'To The Adriatic Sea') - https://soundcloud.com/user-626501222-216772350/sets/porco-rosso

Track 13 (Spring City & Arena Isle in ToP 2) -> Floating Clouds, Shining Hills / Nagareru Kumo, Kagayaku Oka 流れる雲,輝く丘 , from Whisper of the heart - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJy4RikSqls

Finding the original songs is a real pain, because ToP composer did not make a 1:1 copy of the songs. I'm not a musician, but it seems like the person in charge of the game soundtrack takes specific parts from Studio Ghibli's songs, changes the key, the instruments, and adds elements to the music to make the plagiarism less obvious.

• Like 2

@Skinner Awesome find!!! I never had hope to find the Game Trailer theme, which is sad considering it is my favorite track out of the OST.
Here is some hope that we will find Shaitan City theme in the future!

• Like 2

- Donald E. Knuth