GamerGuy

Movement problems in custom map on top-recode client

I have cloned the project from dequix and removed the hardcoded garner, magicsea, etc in the sources to read the birthmaps from the groupserver.cfg file, created a new map with yammi, exported the .map and .blk from yammi, used matt's map manager and exported the .atr, made the new map the only map in the server and client and changed all the lua and configs to reflect that, I can log in and spawn at the map, now the problem is I can only move in the x axis and not in the y? Is this a problem of yammi, map manager or did I maybe break something in sources?

Can you send a video replicating the issue? Also, can you use a GM command to move in the y-axis?

"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it."

- Donald E. Knuth

First of all, make sure you are sending the correct map birth name in Client:
If you changed "Argent City" in GroupServer, change CL_LANGUAGE_MATCH_39, _40 and _41 strings in client side to whatever name your map is. This name in client MUST match the name you typed inside groupserver.cfg.

Also check the log inside gameserver called "init.txt" and see if there are any errors. Actually, check all logs for map-related errors.

This is all assuming the map worked before you removed garner/magicsea/darkblue. If you haven't tested that yet, I suggest you do it and let me know.

"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it."

- Donald E. Knuth

Yep have changed the strings and compiled the translation .res, the init log is without errors

Spoiler

[03-04 22:30:17]Load Game Config File(Text Mode) [GameServer.cfg]
[03-04 22:30:17]game map server [GameServer1] startup...
[03-04 22:30:17]start initialization GameApp
[03-04 22:30:17]initialization DB...
[03-04 22:30:18]database init...ok
[03-04 22:30:18]database init...ok
[03-04 22:30:18]start to assign every Entity memory
[03-04 22:30:18]initialization every form...
[03-04 22:30:21]initialization Lua Script...
[03-04 22:30:23]initialization map list...
[03-04 22:30:26]map garner init resource succeed
[03-04 22:30:26]map [garner] ok!
[03-04 22:30:26]map starterisle init resource succeed
[03-04 22:30:26]map [starterisle] ok!
[03-04 22:30:26]Succeed add HelpNPC[Drunkard - Anthony]
[03-04 22:30:26]execute monster placement script/pko_2.7/monster/baiyinlinqu.lua  
[03-04 22:30:26]execute monster placement script/pko_2.7/monster/lietinglinqu.lua  
[03-04 22:30:26]execute monster placement script/pko_2.7/monster/baiyinyuchang.lua  
[03-04 22:30:26]execute monster placement script/pko_2.7/monster/jianazuixiayuchang.lua  
[03-04 22:30:26]execute monster placement script/pko_2.7/monster/haifengyuchang.lua  
[03-04 22:30:26]execute monster placement script/pko_2.7/monster/jianayunshi.lua  
[03-04 22:30:26]execute monster placement script/pko_2.7/monster/bycduizhang.lua  
[03-04 22:30:26]execute monster placement script/pko_2.7/monster/bycdaoguai.lua  
[03-04 22:30:26]garnerscript release monster ended! 
[03-04 22:30:26]GameApp initialization finish!
[03-04 22:30:26]start init ServerApp
[03-04 22:30:26]ServerApp init over
[03-04 22:30:26]startup Gate server connect thread...
[03-04 22:30:26]startup information server connect thread...
[03-04 22:30:26]startup game thread...
[03-04 22:30:26]Game Thread ID = 12532
[03-04 22:30:26]start create Win32 control dialog box

So I tried in a clean clone and build with the added map and added lines in birth_conf, ScriptDefine and maplist

This must mean the problem is in yammi/map manager or I did something wrong in them?

Yeah, I have to agree with @wolfenx here. The blocked area seems to be a rectangle of width equal to 8 units (since you can teleport every 8 units).
I never used YAMMI though, so can't offer much help there. Doesn't seem to be source-related.

- Donald E. Knuth

I've seen that yammi's .atr generator has a disclaimer that it was under development so might not work correctly and was advised by Angelix to use Matt's Map manager for the .atr files, I have generated both .atr and .blk with both and the .blk has it's header in both cases, setting the width and height to 512, the rest is all 0 indicating no blocks,

00 02 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

the .atr from both yammi and top map reader by matt are both the same, I am still reversing the code to find out what is where but from source it's clear the block comes from .blk (except if client side .map also implements some type of blocking?)

I have used the "Remove blocking" button on top map reader by matt and saved everything again and this also doesn't work,
thanks for helping me think guys this has been driving me crazy for almost 2 weeks now

Hello @GamerGuy,

You can bring back garner, magicsea, and darkblue maps. If they work, then the problem is not in the source codes, but directly in the .map/.atr/.blk files.

55 minutes ago, V3ct0r said:

Hello @GamerGuy,

You can bring back garner, magicsea, and darkblue maps. If they work, then the problem is not in the source codes, but directly in the .map/.atr/.blk files.

Hi @V3ct0r as you can see in the previous video I posted the problem was indeed with one of the .map/.atr/.blk files I have since redone the map and everything seems to work correctly now, the only problem I've experienced is placed objects in editor aren't persisting so when I close editor and launch game the map is still empty, I am however focusing on rewriting the server scripts at the moment so I will solve that when I get there.

Thanks to everyone that helped me get this far! Very glad this community exists to keep this memory of ours alive!

• Like 1