Sign in to follow this  
V3ct0r

Tales of Pirates development project on the Unity3D engine ("Top Mobile")

[News] Tales of Pirates development project on the Unity3D engine ("Top Mobile")

11.png

Hello friends! :smile:

In this news, I want to tell you about the project of porting Tales of Pirates to the Unity3D game engine - Top Mobile.

According to the owner of this project, @UnityDev, the work is almost completed: all the main game systems have been implemented and tested, but now there is a difficult task of recreating game locations left. Actually, @UnityDev reached out to our community in order to find people who will help him with the task. Therefore, if you are interested in the project and have some experience with the Unity3D engine, then contact (in English language) @UnityDev on Discord:

MiniMan#9579

The project has a YouTube channel with videos demonstrating how the client works on the new engine:

In the first video you can see familiar locations - Argent and Arena Island. PvP is demonstrated between the Sharpshooter and the Crusader. You can notice the elements of the graphical user interface (character characteristics, inventory, controls for the touch screen). At the end of the video, the chat is shown.

6.jpg  7.jpg

8.jpg 9.jpg

10.jpg

The second video shows the process of completing the quest in the Silver Mines location, the purpose of which is to hunt for local inhabitants - Moles, Bats and Mud Monsters. New GUI elements also appear here - an avatar with HP and MP of the player's character and a minimap. Judging by the characteristic glow, gems are inserted into the player's weapons. At the end of the video we see the Icicle Castle fountain.

A short interview with @UnityDev:

V3ct0r: Hello and welcome to our forum! If you don't mind, I would like to ask you a few questions.

UnityDev: Hi, V3ct0r.

V3ct0r: Are you working on the project alone or do you have a team?

UnityDev: I mostly work alone, but I hired many professional developers to help me with the project. I'm also the only owner of the project.

V3ct0r: How long did it take to work on the project?

UnityDev: Actually, this is already my second Tales of Pirates project on the Unity3D engine. For the first one, I hired someone from the ToP community, but we had some problems and I decided to close the project. It was two years ago. I have since started this project. As they say, we learn from mistakes, so this new project should be better.

V3ct0r: What programs did you use to extract the assets from the original game client?

UnityDev: We used 3D max and Blender.

V3ct0r: As far as I understand you have server side and client support multiplayer. Is your Unity3D client compatible with the original server files or is your server a separate development?

UnityDev: Yes, at first I thought about making the client compatible with the original server files, but then I decided to abandon this idea, since the original server files have a bunch of exploits and unknown backdoors [vulnerabilities]. So I decided to make my own server side.

V3ct0r: Are you a professional game developer or is it just your hobby?

UnityDev: I can't say that I am a professional developer, but I have worked a lot with the Unity3D engine and I have very good knowledge on it. Sometimes I have to hire people to do some work that I get stuck with.

V3ct0r: Will it be a private development or will you release your work to the public? Do you plan to launch your own server based on this development?

UnityDev: I will release my work to the public. Of course, I will launch the server.

V3ct0r: How long do you think it will take to release the project?

UnityDev: About how long it will take, well, actually, I can already release the beta. Game systems are finished and tested. We have already done a lot of tests and everything works perfectly. All that's left to do is maps [game locations]. As you know, in Unity3D you need to create locations from scratch, and this takes some time.

V3ct0r: BTW, my friend and I also once tried to port the game to the Unity3D engine :D

UnityDev: Yes, I have seen your project for a long time ago. You did a great job, but I wonder why you didn't kept working on it.

V3ct0r: Thanks a lot for your answers! I will create a news about your project so that the whole community can see it, if you don't mind.

UnityDev: Ooh yea that would be cool thank you.

Thank you for your attention, I hope you enjoyed it!

In my turn, I am glad to support this project in this way and wish it development and good luck!