Sign in to follow this  
koso

Maze Timer, a button to click

Hi guys,

I'm fairly new to the forums! I am looking for a little bit of help.

Is there any way yall could assist me with making a maze timer that shows all the active mazes, if they are opened or closed, and in how many hours they will open? I looked around and I can't come across anything in this forum. Perhaps I didn't look well enough.

Looking forward to your answers,

Cheers,

Koso

More or less like a server feature not an NPC or anything like that, where you simply just click a button and it'll appear.

Cheers once again,

Koso

Hi @koso

This is possible if you work with the client/server source. Inside EnterMap gameserver function, you can make it send all mazes opening times/intervals and then show it on a separate interface. This way you dont need to sync anything, and if you change maze times it will update accordingly.

If you want to do it client-side only you will have to hardcode the opening times/intervals, deal with timezones and make sure the client side matches the server intervals.

Edit: doing this without source code as an interface is not possible (but possible with NPCs by using lua scripts). It may become possible if someone develops a mod for V3ct0rs plugin, as it works by injecting code into .exes

Edited by Mdrst
  • Like 1

"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it."

- Donald E. Knuth

29 minutes ago, Mdrst said:

Hi @koso

This is possible if you work with the client/server source. Inside EnterMap gameserver function, you can make it send all mazes opening times/intervals and then show it on a separate interface. This way you dont need to sync anything, and if you change maze times it will update accordingly.

If you want to do it client-side only you will have to hardcode the opening times/intervals, deal with timezones and make sure the client side matches the server intervals.

Edit: doing this without source code as an interface is not possible (but possible with NPCs by using lua scripts). It may become possible if someone develops a mod for V3ct0rs plugin, as it works by injecting code into .exes

Thank you for your input, if anyone has the slightest idea about how to perhaps even come closer to such a concept, any help would be kindly appreciated. Cheers!

You can find a proof of concept here by @Snre3n. You may need to do some quality of life improvements, but that is left as an exercise for the reader 😅

Edited by Mdrst

"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it."

- Donald E. Knuth