Mesut

How to host from home network

Только что, Mesut сказал:

how do i host from home i know that if i install windows server 2019 i can host home but is there another way?

Hello @Mesut,

What is the problem?

First of all, you need dedicated ("white") IP address from your ISP to make your PC (server) visible over the Internet. 

- You need to find your computer's ipv4 a dress and use that instead of 127.0.0.1

- you have to port forward (open ports) of every port being used by your files. ( the port: #### from gameserver.cfg, accountserver.cfg,group and so on)

-- to open the ports you need to find out what router /isp you are using and log into that routers website to open the ports along with making exceptions in your firewalls.

-- every router is different so you will have to Google how to access your specific router / get the login information for it.

Alternatively you can host it on a Windows vps, wich usually has most of this work done for you.

Or you can download and use hamachi if its just for your friends.

Edited by Tassadar
  • Like 2

Keep in mind..you will also need a strong internet connection and if you plan to bring people to the server outside your friends/family I  highly suggest getting an ipchanger to mask the I.p.      noip.com is a commonly used site for it

Edited by Tassadar
  • Like 2

On 12/6/2022 at 3:01 AM, Tassadar said:

- You need to find your computer's ipv4 a dress and use that instead of 127.0.0.1

- you have to port forward (open ports) of every port being used by your files. ( the port: #### from gameserver.cfg, accountserver.cfg,group and so on)

-- to open the ports you need to find out what router /isp you are using and log into that routers website to open the ports along with making exceptions in your firewalls.

-- every router is different so you will have to Google how to access your specific router / get the login information for it.

Alternatively you can host it on a Windows vps, wich usually has most of this work done for you.

Or you can download and use hamachi if its just for your friends.

So, i need to open the ports 1971, 1973, 1975 and 1978, is that right?
After that, I configure the .cfg files with my private ip (ex 192.168.0.2), is that right?
And in the Client directory, what should i put in IP CHANGER.EXE? My router IP or my host name from noip.com?

I have configured everything, but when i try to access the game with another PC outside my internal net, it fails. I can't figure out why it's not working.

Can somebody help me with this IP configuration thing?

If somebody is available, could we talk on Google Meeting, Discord or Microsoft Teams so that I can show you?

Thanks in advance!

Now its working!
There's only one problem: My public IP is dinamic, not static, so, it might change and I would have to update the new IP on Client\scripts\tableServerSet.txt and in the IP CHANGER.

I have created a dinamic DNS on noip.com as suggested here, but I cant configure it on Client\scripts\tableServerSet.txt and in the IP CHANGER. When i tried, I got only "Failed to connect" in the game.
Any idea on how i could configure the dinamic DNS (talesofpirates.hopto.org) as the IP?

One way to check if its the ports is to try the following. 

First - run one of the server .exes like accountserver.exe  

When its running 

Second - run Windows CDM as admin  and try typing in 

Telnet youIp port#

For example

Telnet 192.168.0.2 1971 

But replace port# with the port # of the exe your running.

If you get more text then or nothing changes then the port is blocked. If you get a black screen then its open   

Ip is a bit trjcky

Everything is OK with the port and IP now.

The only problem is that I can't configure my domanin DNS.

Any idea on how i could configure the DNS (talesofpirates.hopto.org) as the IP?

If i change it in the serverset.txt and IP Changer it doesn't work.

On 1/3/2023 at 6:34 AM, filipe said:

So, i need to open the ports 1971, 1973, 1975 and 1978, is that right?
After that, I configure the .cfg files with my private ip (ex 192.168.0.2), is that right?
And in the Client directory, what should i put in IP CHANGER.EXE? My router IP or my host name from noip.com?

If your server files (GameServers, AccountServer, GroupServer and GateServer) are running on the same PC, then all you need to do is specify in the GateServer.cfg file:

[ToClient]
IP = 0.0.0.0
Port = 1973

All IP addresses in other .cfg files (AccountServer.cfg, GroupServer.cfg, GameServerX.cfg) should be specified as 127.0.0.1. Also you need to open the only port 1973.

If your IP is static you should put IP address in IPCHANGER.EXE, otherwise hostname.

On 1/4/2023 at 11:14 PM, filipe said:

Everything is OK with the port and IP now.

The only problem is that I can't configure my domanin DNS.

Any idea on how i could configure the DNS (talesofpirates.hopto.org) as the IP?

If i change it in the serverset.txt and IP Changer it doesn't work.

1) Place in the Client\scripts\table folder a file with the name serverset.txt and the following content:

1	12345	12345	talesofpirates.hopto.org	talesofpirates.hopto.org	0	0	0

Important! There are no spaces between fields, but tabs.

2) Perform actions from this guide;

3) Write the following text (with a line break) to the Client\scripts\txt\server.tx file:

3 hours ago, V3ct0r said:

1) Place in the Client\scripts\table folder a file with the name serverset.txt and the following content:

1	12345	12345	talesofpirates.hopto.org	talesofpirates.hopto.org	0	0	0

Important! There are no spaces between fields, but tabs.

2) Perform actions from this guide;

3) Write the following text (with a line break) to the Client\scripts\txt\server.tx file:

I did everything you told me, but it doesn't work with the DNS talesofpirates.hopto.org...

When i configure the serverset.txt with my public IP (177.***.***.211) it works and I can acess the game outside my local network... But when I put the DNS, I get a "Connection Failed" outside my network... ='(
I would like to configure the DNS because my IP is dinamic, not static... so, when my IP changes when i reestart my router, all players would have to reconfigure and recompile the  serverset.txt file on their side =/

Any idea how I could solve this?

@filipe

This seems to be because the client has a 15 character limit for the DNS. Just checked in client source codes. Try to open ServerSet.bin in any text editor, will you see something like "talesofpirates" instead of "talesofpirates.hopto.org"?

This client modification might be the solution to your problem:

On 1/6/2023 at 10:57 AM, V3ct0r said:

@filipe

This seems to be because the client has a 15 character limit for the DNS. Just checked in client source codes. Try to open ServerSet.bin in any text editor, will you see something like "talesofpirates" instead of "talesofpirates.hopto.org"?

This client modification might be the solution to your problem:

OH MAN! YOU ARE A GENIUS! The problem was the 15 character limit.... I changed my DNS and made it smaller, and now it works!
Thank you so much for your help to solve this problem!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, filipe said:

OH MAN! YOU ARE A GENIUS! The problem was the 15 character limit.... I changed my DNS and made it smaller, and now it works!
Thank you so much for your help to solve this problem!

You are welcome!