defohost

Pirate Royalty - Unreal Engine 5

Pirate Royalty - Unreal Engine 5 Project

Goal: to bring over the functionality, gameplay mechanics, and story from Tales of Pirates old game client to Unreal Engine and new server infrastructure with improved game experience & modern technology.

This topic will help you see the progress and invite you to share some of your feedback/ideas on how to make the project better. 

Для русско говоряших - пишите на русском, я вас пойму. Не хотел создавать две темы на двух разных языках. 

Join Discord channel to get most up to date information and images https://discord.gg/5MPvYeg3T6

spacer.png

Character stats.png

Skill tree.png

Edited by defohost
First video about the game
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, defohost said:

Admins, please allow me to add images & videos. Currently cannot even add an image from link. 

Try now please 

Hello @defohost,

I would like to ask a few questions:

1) Will the new client be compatible with the original server (GateServer, AccountServer, GroupServer, GameServer)?

2) If not, then as far as I understand, the development of the server part is supposed to be?

3) What platforms will the new client be available for?

4) How will you solve the problem of filling the game world? Will the locations be the same as in the original or different (Ascaron, Magic Sea, Deep Blue and etc)?

5) How long do you estimate development will take?

6) What tools do you use in development?

7) Are you using resources from the original client?

Thank you!

Hi @V3ct0r,

1) It will not be using those.

2) The server is ready. That part is done. Including sharding.

3) At first, the client will be available for PC and Mac. Later I will try to bring it to consoles. 

4) The locations and their names will be identical. Including NPC names, items, etc. 

5) Currently I want to complete the following before closed beta testing (hoping to complete by the end of this year). You will be able to judge based on the progress that you see in the discord channel. 

• All classes and their abilities up to level 40.
  • Skill tree
  • Inventory
  • Ascaron city and outskirts to start with
  • Mobs from Ascaron
  • Let me know if there is anything that you think is essential for testing

6) Unreal Engine 5, Blender, Figma, and Adobe XD

7) To make it easier for users to remember skills and items, we might use those icons from the old client. Maybe some assets like weapons as well. 

• Thanks 1

Hello @defohost,

Thanks for the replies!

Good luck with the project.

Hi @V3ct0r, do you know if abilities that cause damage over time go through normal damage calculation (like taking into account defense, dodge, etc.) or they cause the specific amount of damage directly?  For example, rousing ability (hunter) causes 12 damage per second. 

Edited by defohost

6 hours ago, defohost said:

Hi @V3ct0r, do you know if abilities that cause damage over time go through normal damage calculation (like taking into account defense, dodge, etc.) or they cause the specific amount of damage directly?  For example, rousing ability (hunter) causes 12 damage per second. 

The “rousing” ability does no damage, that should be a self buff skill for hunters that increases their attack speed if I remember correctly. As for your question, it really depends. I think for example the “Poison Dart” from Crusader does a set amount. They can be looked up on their respective skills and see which effect they apply. 

On 8/30/2022 at 3:30 PM, Angelix said:

The “rousing” ability does no damage, that should be a self buff skill for hunters that increases their attack speed if I remember correctly. As for your question, it really depends. I think for example the “Poison Dart” from Crusader does a set amount. They can be looked up on their respective skills and see which effect they apply. 

Sorry I mixed it up with Venom Arrow.