Sign in to follow this  
barselon8

AttrCalculate.lua

Can someone explain these calculations? 

--Attributes Growth Rate of Newbie Class
        Mxhp_con_rad1[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU], Mxhp_con_rad2[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU], Mxhp_lv_rad[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU]    = 3, 2, 15                           
        Mxsp_sta_rad1[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU], Mxsp_sta_rad2[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU], Mxsp_lv_rad[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU]    = 1, 0, 3                             
        Mnatk_str_rad1[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU], Mnatk_str_rad2[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU], Mnatk_dex_rad1[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU], Mnatk_dex_rad2[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU]    = 1.5, 0.4, 0, 0  
        Mxatk_str_rad1[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU], Mxatk_str_rad2[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU], Mxatk_dex_rad1[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU], Mxatk_dex_rad2[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU]    = 1.5, 0.4, 0, 0    
        Def_con_rad1[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU], Def_con_rad2[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU]        = 0.1, 0.1                                        
        Hit_dex_rad1[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU], Hit_dex_rad2[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU]        = 0.6, 0                                       
        Flee_agi_rad1[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU], Flee_agi_rad2[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU]    = 0.6, 0                                       
        Mf_luk_rad[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU]    = 0.39                                                              
        Crt_luk_rad[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU]    = 0.31                                                                
        Hrec_bsmxhp_rad[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU], Hrec_con_rad[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU]    = 1/200, 1/8                                        
        Srec_bsmxsp_rad[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU], Srec_sta_rad[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU]    = 1/100, 1/12                                        -
        Aspd_agi_rad[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU]    = 1.1                                                                
        Str_updata[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU]    = 0.2 
        Dex_updata[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU]    = 0.1 
        Con_updata[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU]    = 0.6 
        Agi_updata[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU]    = 0.1 
        Sta_updata[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU]    = 0.1 
        Luk_updata[JOB_TYPE_XINSHOU]    = 0.1 

So, I understand that if we increase our attribute like con by 1 then there is a 60% chance we get +6 to our max health or 40% chance we get +9 to max health. However, how does it work with equipment that has +8 con for example? How does it calculate it? Does it always use the first value in that case? (+6 per each con)

@barselon8

If I am understanding correctly, you want to investigate the functions "Mxhp_final()", "Mxsp_final()", "Mnatk_final()", etc. in "functions.lua". e.g.

function Mxhp_final(a) 
	local mxhp_final=(BSMxhp(a) * MxhpIa(a) + MxhpIb(a) ) * math.max(0, MxhpSa(a))  + MxhpSb(a) --[[取当时实际mxhp]]--
	--LG("chaattr_set", " BSMxhp = " , BSMxhp(a) , "MxhpIa = " , MxhpIa(a) , " MxhpIb = " , MxhpIb(a) , "MxhpSa = " , MxhpSa(a) , "MxhpSb = ", MxhpSb(a) , "\n" ) 
	--LG("chaattr_set", "mxhp_final = ", mxhp_final , "\n" ) 
	return mxhp_final 
end 

These functions are where the final values are calculated, which account for any additional stats provided by items.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Jonathan I am interested in replicating this calculation in Unreal Engine 5. So, the more details I have, the better

local mxhp_final=(BSMxhp(a) * MxhpIa(a) + MxhpIb(a) ) * math.max(0, MxhpSa(a)) + MxhpSb(a). I need to know how these values are calculated and what they are. 

@barselon8 The only variable there is the "a", which is the character's role. The rest are all function calls to functions you can find within "functions.lua". e.g.

function MxhpIa(a)
	--LuaPrint("Obtain character attribute mxhp_ia") 
	local mxhpia=GetChaAttr(a, ATTR_ITEMC_MXHP)/ATTR_RADIX --[[取mxhp道具百分比]]--
	return mxhpia 
end 

function MxhpIb(a)
	--LuaPrint("Obtain character attribute mshp_ib") 
	local mxhpib=GetChaAttr(a, ATTR_ITEMV_MXHP) --[[取mxhp道具常数]]--
	return mxhpib 
end 

In these functions, the first variable in the call to "GetCharAttr()" is again the character's role, and the second variable in those calls is the attribute being retrieved as defined in "AttrType.lua".

The "ATTR_RADIX" variable is the attribute coefficient as defined in "variable.lua".

• Thanks 1

@Jonathan Yeah, I saw those functions. Couldn't understand what "ATTR_RADIX" but now it makes sense. Thank you! 

So, to translate ATTR_ITEMC_MXHP is MAXHP derived from items divided by 1000? Interesting math. 

@barselon8

It is interesting math - I could be entirely wrong, but I would guess the reason for dividing by 1000 is to avoid using floats / doubles until absolutely necessary. This will have a positive impact on evaluating final values accurately, and also - more importantly - will reduce computational time. I'd imagine the performance differences were far more noticeable back when this game was first published. Looking at "GetChaAttr()" in the source, all values returned are whole numbers (either ints or longs) which further supports this idea.

With regards to where the calculations are for "ATTR_ITEMC_MXHP"... "GetChaAttr() is in the source at "Source/Server/GameServer/src/Expand.h". This just points us to "nAttrVal = (long)pCCha->getAttr(sAttrIndex);". If we then follow the trail to "Source/Common/Common/include/ChaAttr.h" this points us to:

inline LONG64 CChaAttr::GetAttr(long lNo)
{T_B
  	if (lNo >= ATTR_MAX_NUM)
  		return -1;

return m_lAttribute[lNo];
 T_E}

which begs the question of where "m_lAttribute" gets set. Navigating to "Source/Common/Common/src/ChaAttr.cpp" we find that the values in "m_lAttribute" are set based on the record retrieved via "CChaRecord *pCChaRecord = GetChaRecordInfo(lID);". In "Source/Common/Common/include/CharacterRecord.h" we find another inline function:

inline CChaRecord* GetChaRecordInfo( int nTypeId )
{
	return (CChaRecord*)CChaRecordSet::I()->GetRawDataInfo(nTypeID);
}

and so on... that is the end of my sleuthing on this, but that should be fairly close to actually finding where the value gets set. Good luck!

• Thanks 2