Ideas for mods

This topic discusses ideas for creating new mods, as well as for improving existing ones.

Hi v3ct0r, I take the opportunity to release the section with some ideas.

*button with maps events time function (CA,FC,DS,DW)
*Buttom AutoTrace function
*Mounts system
*Hp and SP Bar below the character or HP percentage
*Guild system with guild bank
* Extension Bank or bank shared
* buttom battle power system (Earn a higher title by increasing your Power)
* buttom Achievements system ( for example if you kill 5 mobs first time obtain items or tittle)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

* 0-9 skill bar would be sooo useful

* mod that show if an item is tradable/deletable/stackable

And thanks @V3ct0r for the great contribuitions

Edited by Lua
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

nagi_no_asukara_signature_by_tsukii_h0sh

Some mods that go through my head are:

1- map list below minimap in red when closed and turn green when portals are open

2- A mod that allows the ScrollNotice in version 1.36 and 1.38

3- A mod that allows you to create a character action for swing and another for the wings, that is (I replaced the effect of the rebirth to sit on the chairs but it would be nice to have both effects) with this you can make a script to change normal wings a wings fly with the mod you shared before, I can't use that mod because instead of flying it copies the swing effect and sees itself sitting with the wings

4- A mod that allows you to activate the PK system outside the safe zones like the PK ON script but without having to install that script (it will be like PVP but without entering the teampk)

5- I don't know if it is possible to create a mod that at a certain time in PK maps in the part of the minimap they highlight in red where there are enemies as well as in today's battle royale and you see a point of more or less where it is (this mod would allow no AFK characters) would include even if they were invisible

6- If it is possible, a mod that reduces the area of the map every 10 minutes to, for example, close the map that does not let you leave that area and the enemies get closer, it would be more or less like delimiting the area

7- Winged icons of the name or Guilds

and they are all that come to mind at the moment haha

sorry for the english I translate it in google

😊

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, noanshadow said:

Hi v3ct0r, I take the opportunity to release the section with some ideas.

*button with maps events time function (CA,FC,DS,DW)
*Buttom AutoTrace function
*Mounts system
*Hp and SP Bar below the character or HP percentage
*Guild system with guild bank
* Extension Bank or bank shared
* buttom battle power system (Earn a higher title by increasing your Power)
* buttom Achievements system ( for example if you kill 5 mobs first time obtain items or tittle)

Achievements system the npc exists, if you wanted it more practical you could add the function to the handle chat 😸

• Like 2

- Mod to increase CameraShowSize, example here:

- Don't know if possible but mod to change CameraConfig into TOP2 camera (left click pressed to move camera up and down or right and mouse scroll to closer or far view from the character)

Edited by d3ux
  • Thanks 1

Hello, 

I'd like to post my idea regarding making something identical to SystemNotice(role, "Message"); 

SystemInfo(role, message, X, Y)

The system basically can be displayed anywhere in the client (for example, under the minimap). Can be used to display valuable information for player (role). Maybe in Chaos Argent you can identify how many players remaining alive inside still? How many kills/deaths you done so far? It's very unique and amazing if you could do it.

LUA Code Example:

SystemInfo(role, "message", X, Y) 

SystemInfo(role, "Kills:"..CA[role].kills, 100, 150)

SystemInfo(role, "Deaths:"..CA[role].deaths, 100, 175)

SystemInfo(role, "Alive:"..CASurvivors, 100, 200)

Fortnite Example: 

spacer.png

Edited by Sultan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sultan said:

Hello, 

I'd like to post my idea regarding making something identical to SystemNotice(role, "Message"); 

SystemInfo(role, message, X, Y)

The system basically can be displayed anywhere in the client (for example, under the minimap). Can be used to display valuable information for player (role). Maybe in Chaos Argent you can identify how many players remaining alive inside still? How many kills/deaths you done so far? It's very unique and amazing if you could do it.

LUA Code Example:

SystemInfo(role, "message", X, Y) 

SystemInfo(role, "Kills:"..CA[role].kills, 100, 150)

SystemInfo(role, "Deaths:"..CA[role].deaths, 100, 175)

SystemInfo(role, "Alive:"..CASurvivors, 100, 200)

Fortnite Example: 

spacer.png

that's easy to do , just label / load image  then set it from lua on kill/change refresh players clients
i done that like 2 years ago
like this:
unknown.png

& dungeons :
unknown.png
unknown.png

Edited by mkhzaleh
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, mkhzaleh said:

that's easy to do , just label / load image  then set it from lua on kill/change refresh players clients

I'd say it is easy to do when you work with the source code :D

6 hours ago, mkhzaleh said:

i done that like 2 years ago
like this:
unknown.png

& dungeons :
unknown.png
unknown.png

That's exactly what I'm looking for, it's do-able by source as Vector said, However I'd like to see if it's possible by pkodev mod loader. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, V3ct0r said:

I'd say it is easy to do when you work with the source code :D

yea sure, but its same method you already found form/label address for your dlls for uiminiform , so same steps ;p?

Hello everyone, how have you been?  I hope it's ok😊!

@V3ct0r I have had an idea for some time but with my current knowledge I have not been able to carry it out

Some people will need : GuildLV function

Concept

the idea is that there are several islands with valuable resources inside(it's up to each owner to decide what there are) they are conquerable by a guild destroying the mother structure in the center of the map, the islands will be neutral if nobody conquers them, when a guild conquers it that only guild will have access to it, the system will notify everyone on the server about it.

the islands (map) will have a protection time (adjustable) once conquered.  The system will tell players which guild each island belongs to and how long it has left to be invaded.

even that there are mobs (few guardians) that attack any intruder and are more resistant depending on the level of the guild that has conquered

Edited by Ximboliex

xbx3.png

Hello @Ximboliex,

On 5/26/2022 at 6:11 PM, Ximboliex said:

Hello everyone, how have you been?  I hope it's ok😊!

@V3ct0r I have had an idea for some time but with my current knowledge I have not been able to carry it out

Some people will need : GuildLV function

Concept

the idea is that there are several islands with valuable resources inside(it's up to each owner to decide what there are) they are conquerable by a guild destroying the mother structure in the center of the map, the islands will be neutral if nobody conquers them, when a guild conquers it that only guild will have access to it, the system will notify everyone on the server about it.

the islands (map) will have a protection time (adjustable) once conquered.  The system will tell players which guild each island belongs to and how long it has left to be invaded.

even that there are mobs (few guardians) that attack any intruder and are more resistant depending on the level of the guild that has conquered

Nice idea! What functionality should be put in mod in your opinion? That is, what cannot be done using lua scripts.

On 5/27/2022 at 2:09 AM, Ximboliex said:

@V3ct0r Battle Pass? Or something same ?

What is "Battle Pass"?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, V3ct0r said:

What is "Battle Pass"?

Basically your own mod, but on a bigger scale. Some games lay out a "Battle Pass" where you can buy it and then gain experience towards a temporary level that resets on a seasonal of monthly basis. Some games either do 50 rewards or 100, whereas when you obtain a new level, you can claim said reward from that specific level. I kind of like "Destiny 2"'s approach as for a MMO game, where the battle pass has 100 rewards, resets each season and reward within the pass contain glimmer (gold equivalent), experience boosters (solo and team), apparels, minor equipment and other game specific cosmetic.

• Thanks 2

I've been playing Lost Ark for a while, and I think the card system they use is a nice idea to incorporate in TOP.

Basically, you have these random packs that you can open and have a chance of obtaining a certain card.

Each set has different stat bonuses, and once you collect the amount of # needed, you can "Awaken them" which gives some nice bonus attributes.

Lets say you need a total of 12 "Awaken" cards,

The yellow diamonds represent how many times you have awaken the card,

so the first one requires a duplicate of the card, then you can awaken it once, and for the 2nd awakening, you will need a duplicate of 2 cards to get the next level and so on.

Once you get a random number set that equals to 12, you can get the awaken bonus.

The way lost ark has it set up is; you can obtain them from defeating bosses, but with a low drop rate, you can obtain a random "card pack upon completing dungeons and buying the chest at the end for X amount of gold, or you can do achievements such as doing a maze 100x times.

1d5437e877c6129d0dd855441e6ca010866d5a86.jpeg

iw9q9xb5t1m81.png

• Thanks 1

Nissan-GT-R.gif

On 5/29/2022 at 5:26 PM, Angelix said:

Basically your own mod, but on a bigger scale. Some games lay out a "Battle Pass" where you can buy it and then gain experience towards a temporary level that resets on a seasonal of monthly basis. Some games either do 50 rewards or 100, whereas when you obtain a new level, you can claim said reward from that specific level. I kind of like "Destiny 2"'s approach as for a MMO game, where the battle pass has 100 rewards, resets each season and reward within the pass contain glimmer (gold equivalent), experience boosters (solo and team), apparels, minor equipment and other game specific cosmetic.

Hello @Angelix,

Thank you for the explanation!

On 5/31/2022 at 8:52 PM, RafaelaMartins said:

Hi V3ct0r you can make the pkomodloader for 2.x version?

Hello @RafaelaMartins,

No, I don't plan to make pkodev.mod.loader support for 2.x versions of the Game:

1) This version is not used in real game projects. I have not seen servers for this version of the game. Thus, this version is not popular in the community;

2) The 2.x binary structure is different from the 1.3x binary structure. This means that we have to rewrite all mods from scratch.

Based on the foregoing, I consider it inappropriate to develop mods for version 2.x.

15 hours ago, Dan said:

I've been playing Lost Ark for a while, and I think the card system they use is a nice idea to incorporate in TOP.

Hello @Dan,

Thank you for your idea. Can we just use lua scripts to make such a mod?

On a side note. A couple of mods. I’ve been using the binaries you provided for client and game server. Is there a way to add mods for functions like these?

• HandleChat
  • GetPlayerByName
  • Apparel
    • GameServer and Client see apparels only being in between ID 5000 - 7000, so maybe change it so they can be at any ID and recognized by their durability (by setting it to 25K within ItemInfo?).
  • Change Lua version from 5.0 to a newer version, I think latest stable version is 5.4.4

Edited. 

Edited by Angelix
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

i don`t think this would work since they have diffrent database sql ,, but i just remeberd when top2 used to merge 2 servers an make pk bewtween them

On 6/2/2022 at 10:52 PM, Angelix said:

On a side note. A couple of mods. I’ve been using the binaries you provided for client and game server. Is there a way to add mods for functions like these?

• HandleChat
  • GetPlayerByName
  • Apparel
    • GameServer and Client see apparels only being in between ID 5000 - 7000, so maybe change it so they can be at any ID and recognized by their durability (by setting it to 25K within ItemInfo?).
  • Change Lua version from 5.0 to a newer version, I think latest stable version is 5.4.4

Edited. 

GetPlayerByName can be implemented through lua;

The HandleChat function is available in almost all GameServers;

As for the Apparels IDs and updating the lua version, I have no idea how this can be done.

On 6/7/2022 at 7:19 PM, Mario said:

2 servers fight , on a map ( this map gives all players same max/health/pr ete.. ) i think this would be nice  

Nice idea, @Mario, but I think that this task is not for mods for the client and server.

9 hours ago, V3ct0r said:

GetPlayerByName can be implemented through lua;

The HandleChat function is available in almost all GameServers;

As for the Apparels IDs and updating the lua version, I have no idea how this can be done

I’m using the v138 server from the example exes you provided and it does not contain the HandleChat or GetPlayerByName feature. 

As for the apparel thing, basically this thread (in Russian), but allow all ID to be apparel and us from lua side just adjust it to only recognize them if they have a durability of 25000. 

Edited by Angelix