[Mod] Flying effect for wings

Screenshot_01.png

This modification for the game client allows you to add a flight effect to any Wings (items with type 44), similar to the effect of the Wings of Rebirth.

Information about the modification

Name: pkodev.mod.wings;

Version: 1.1;

Author: V3ct0r;

Type: for client (Game.exe);

Supported executable .exe files: GAME_13X_0, GAME_13X_1, GAME_13X_2, GAME_13X_3, GAME_13X_4 and GAME_13X_5.

Installing the modification

1. Install mod loading system pkodev.mod.loader if it hasn't already been installed;

2. Place the mod DLL file pkodev.mod.wings.client.13x_{ID}.dll for your version of Game.exe and the mod settings file pkodev.mod.wings.cfg in the mods\pkodev.mod.wings folder of the game client.

3. Open the mod settings file pkodev.mod.wings.cfg and write in it the list of IDs of the wings to which you want to apply the flight effect. Each ID is written on a new line, for example:

This will apply the flying effect to Elven WingsButterfly Wings and Angelic Wings respectively.

4. Modification installation completed! Launch the game client and make sure the modification works.

Download

1) Modification binary files for the client (.dll);

2) Repository on GitHub with the source code of the modification for Visual Studio 2022 Community (C++).

If you encounter any problem, bug or have any questions, then feel free to write in this thread.

• Thanks 1

Hello @gunnapong,

// bool CCharacter::GetIsFly()
const unsigned int CCharacter__GetIsFly = 0x004A5190;

// Patch 1 address
// [8B 86 0C 0D 00 00 3D 80 00 00 00 7C 16 3D 8C 00 00 00 7F 0F 3D 87 00 00 00 74 08]
// ->
// [51 8B CE E8 XX XX XX XX 59 84 C0 74 16 90 90 90 90 90 90 90 90 90 90 90 90 90 90]
const unsigned int patch__0 = 0x004A5C7F;

// Patch 2 address
// [3D 80 00 00 00 7C 46 3D 8C 00 00 00 7F 3F 3D 87 00 00 00 74 38]
// ->
// [51 8B CE E8 XX XX XX XX 59 84 C0 74 40 90 90 90 90 90 90 90 90]
const unsigned int patch__1 = 0x004A6213;

Hello,

I have an idea. Maybe create an effect item like wings but instead of (1st inventory slot) we can choose whatever slot we want.

For example: (6th inventory slot) will display another Wing or Effect and in cfg we put Item ID desired.

Thanks

tried using this mod with the files            GAME_13X_0   |              pkodev.mod.wings.client.13x_0.dll
my game version is 1.3x_0 
other mods run fine. when i run the client, it crashes at login. have not been able to find an error log as to why.
nothing appears in output.txt

13 hours ago, Tassadar said:

tried using this mod with the files            GAME_13X_0   |              pkodev.mod.wings.client.13x_0.dll
my game version is 1.3x_0 
other mods run fine. when i run the client, it crashes at login. have not been able to find an error log as to why.
nothing appears in output.txt

Hello @Tassadar,

I'll fix the problem in a few days.

Thanks for the feedback!

Hello @Tassadar,

Sorry for the late reply!

I tested the mod on this version of Game.exe (GAME_13X_0) and it works fine. It looks like there are some manual patches in your Game.exe that affect the wing system. For example, Swings or something like this.

The mod will be incompatible with such Game.exe.

Small update from 02/23/2023

+ Refactored the source code of the modification;

+ Updated the modification project to Visual Studio 2022 and the C++20 language standard;

+ Put in order the repository with the source code of the modification;

+ Added documentation in English and Russian;

+ Added a script for building the modification project using Developer Command Prompt for VS 2022;

+ The modification version has been increased to 1.1.

Had an issue with the mod. Mod works perfectly fine when installed and during use but when opening ships interface (ie. building ship or right clicking vessel deed), it crashes the client. No error message.

DLL used is 13X2.

• Thanks 1