[Mod] System of daily rewards for entering the game

screenshot_1_en.png

This mod implements a system of daily rewards for entering the game. Players need to enter the game every day in order to receive the next reward - with each new day the reward becomes more valuable. The chain resets and starts over from the first day if a player misses a day. The chain is also reset every week.

The chain of rewards is configured by the administrator in a special lua function and is generated for a week forward, after which it is saved in the server database.

screenshot_2_en.gif

Requirements

Installed mod loading system for server and client (PKOdev.NET mod loader).

Modification information

Name: pkodev.mod.reward;

Version: 1.0;

Author: V3ct0r;

Type: for client and server (Game.exe and GameServer.exe);

Supported executable .exe files: GAME_13X_0, GAME_13X_1, GAME_13X_2, GAME_13X_3, GAME_13X_4, GAME_13X_5, GAMESERVER_136 and GAMESERVER_138.

Installation

Server:

1) In the "GameServer\mods" directory of your server, create a "pkodev.mod.reward" folder;

2) Place into the folder the mod DLL file "pkodev.mod.reward.server.13<x>.dll" for your version of GameServer.exe;

3) In the functions.lua file ("GameServer\resource\script\calculate\") write the following script:

-- Daily reward system (pkodev.mod.reward)
-- Transfer the list of items to the system
function GetRewardArrayAdapter(role)

-- Get a list of items for daily reward
	local arr = GetRewardArray(role)

-- Transfer the list to the system
	return arr[1].id, arr[1].number, arr[2].id, arr[2].number, arr[3].id, arr[3].number, arr[4].id, arr[4].number, arr[5].id, arr[5].number, arr[6].id, arr[6].number, arr[7].id, arr[7].number

end

-- Daily reward system (pkodev.mod.reward)
-- Get a list of items for daily reward
function GetRewardArray(role)

-- Select an item depending on character race
	local hairstyle_book = function(role)

-- List of items
		-- ID: 931 Lance Trendy Hairstyle Book
		-- ID: 932 Carsise Trendy Hairstyle Book
		-- ID: 933 Phyllis Trendy Hairstyle Book
		-- ID: 934 Ami Trendy Hairstyle Book
		local items = {931, 932, 933, 934}

-- Get character type ID
		local id = GetChaTypeID(role)

-- Return item id depending on the type ID
		return items[id] or 0

end

-- Make a list of items for daily reward
	local items = {

-- Day 1 (Short Sword x 1 or Long Sword x 1 or Fencing Sword x 1)
		{id = math.random(1, 3), number = 1},

-- Day 2 (Apple x 99 or Bread x 99 or Cake x 99)
		{id = math.random(1847, 1849), number = 99},

-- Day 3 (Fairy Coin x 50)
		{id = 855, number = 50},

-- Day 4 (Random fairy ID 183 ... 193 x 1)
		{id = math.random(183, 193), number = 1},

-- Day 5 (Hairstyle Book x 1)
		{id = hairstyle_book(role), number = 1},

-- Day 6 (Fairy Ration x 10)
		{id = 227, number = 10},

-- Day 7 (Refining Gem x 1)
		{id = 885, number = 1}

}

-- We have to return an array of items to caller function
	return items

end

4) In MSSQL Management Studio, execute the SQL query:

USE GameDB
ALTER TABLE character ADD reward VARCHAR(128) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' WITH VALUES

Client:

1) In the "mods" directory of your client create a "pkodev.mod.reward" folder;

2) Place into the folder the mod DLL file "pkodev.mod.reward.client.13x_<x>.dll" for your version of Game.exe;

3) Place the daily reward form texture files "main.png" and "buttons.tga" into the "texture\mods\pkodev.mod.reward\" directory of your client;

4) Add the code for the daily reward form into the "main.clu" script file ("scripts\lua\forms\"):

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- Daily login reward form
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- The form
frmReward = UI_CreateForm( "frmReward", FALSE, 366, 158, 150, 200, TRUE, FALSE )
UI_SetFormStyle( frmReward , 0 )
UI_AddFormToTemplete( frmReward, FORM_MAIN )
UI_FormSetIsEscClose( frmReward, FALSE )
UI_SetIsDrag( frmReward, TRUE )

-- Form background
frmRewardImg = UI_CreateCompent( frmReward, IMAGE_TYPE, "frmRewardImg", 366, 158, 0, 0 )
UI_LoadImage( frmRewardImg, "texture/mods/pkodev.mod.reward/main.png", NORMAL, 366, 158, 0, 0 )

-- Form title
labTitle = UI_CreateCompent( frmReward, LABELEX_TYPE, "labTitle", 400, 150, 10, 7 )
UI_SetCaption( labTitle, "Daily reward!")
UI_SetTextColor( labTitle, COLOR_WHITE )

-- Reward button
btnGetReward = UI_CreateCompent( frmReward, BUTTON_TYPE, "btnGetReward", 67, 24, 150, 120 )
UI_LoadButtonImage( btnGetReward, "texture/mods/pkodev.mod.reward/main.png", 67, 24, 0, 158, TRUE )

-- Close button
btnClose = UI_CreateCompent( frmReward, BUTTON_TYPE, "btnClose", 21, 21, 343, 2 )
UI_LoadButtonImage( btnClose, "texture/mods/pkodev.mod.reward/buttons.tga", 21, 21, 270, 0, TRUE )
UI_SetButtonModalResult( btnClose, BUTTON_CLOSE )

-- Item slots
cmdItemSlot0 = UI_CreateCompent( frmReward, COMMAND_ONE_TYPE, "cmdItemSlot0", 32, 32, 20,  73 )
UI_SetIsDrag( cmdItemSlot0, FALSE )
cmdItemSlot1 = UI_CreateCompent( frmReward, COMMAND_ONE_TYPE, "cmdItemSlot1", 32, 32, 69,  73 )
UI_SetIsDrag( cmdItemSlot1, FALSE )
cmdItemSlot2 = UI_CreateCompent( frmReward, COMMAND_ONE_TYPE, "cmdItemSlot2", 32, 32, 118, 73 )
UI_SetIsDrag( cmdItemSlot2, FALSE )
cmdItemSlot3 = UI_CreateCompent( frmReward, COMMAND_ONE_TYPE, "cmdItemSlot3", 32, 32, 167, 73 )
UI_SetIsDrag( cmdItemSlot3, FALSE )
cmdItemSlot4 = UI_CreateCompent( frmReward, COMMAND_ONE_TYPE, "cmdItemSlot4", 32, 32, 216, 73 )
UI_SetIsDrag( cmdItemSlot4, FALSE )
cmdItemSlot5 = UI_CreateCompent( frmReward, COMMAND_ONE_TYPE, "cmdItemSlot5", 32, 32, 265, 73 )
UI_SetIsDrag( cmdItemSlot5, FALSE )
cmdItemSlot6 = UI_CreateCompent( frmReward, COMMAND_ONE_TYPE, "cmdItemSlot6", 32, 32, 314, 73 )
UI_SetIsDrag( cmdItemSlot6, FALSE )

Mod customization

1) In the GetRewardArray(role) function, write the code that will generate the chain of rewards for the character role for the next seven days. The function must return a table of 7 elements with fields id and number, where id is the ID of the item that is issued as a reward, and number is the number of items in the reward. Each element corresponds to its own day (1st element is the first day, 2nd element is the second day, and so on). Example:

function GetRewardArray(role)

local items = {

-- Day 1: Apple x 20
		{id = 1847, number = 20},

-- Day 2: Bread x 40
		{id = 1848, number = 40},

-- Day 3: Cake x 60
		{id = 1849, number = 60},

-- Day 4: Fairy coin x 55
		{id = 855, number = 55},

-- Day 5: Fairy ration x 15
		{id = 227, number = 15},

-- Day 6: Bread x 99
		{id = 1848, number = 99},

-- Day 7: Cake x 99
		{id = 1849, number = 99}

}

return items

end

Item IDs and their number can be generated randomly or depending on the character's race, profession, etc

2) By default, the reward period is 24 hours. You can change this value in the mod server-side source code (pkodev.mod.reward.server project, structure.h file), then compile the project:

// Reward interval in seconds
static const unsigned int interval{ 24 * 60 * 60 }; // 24 hours

3) No client side configuration required.

Old style GUI (Thanks to @Masuka00!)

masuka_style_gif.gif

main.clu:

-- Close button
btnClose = UI_CreateCompent( frmReward, BUTTON_TYPE, "btnClose", 14, 14, 342, 4 )
UI_LoadButtonImage( btnClose, "texture/mods/pkodev.mod.reward/main.png", 14, 14, 271, 174, TRUE )

Download

Download

1) Binary release (.dll);

2) The source code of the mod for Visual Studio 2019 Community (C++).

If you encounter any problem, bug or have any questions, then feel free to write in this thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Hello @K1D0!

The first reward will be given in 24 hours after the player entered the game and the reward chain was generated for the first time. In your case, you will get reward in ~14 hours from now. You can reduce this period for tests (see point 2 of section "Mod customization").

• Like 1

guess using Cmd_EnterMap not a really good idea, you can use AfterPlayerLogin which called only once per login , 

also its mean if server crash/restart for any reasons players reward will reset to first day again?
missing one day reset all days seems bad idea as well ?
also adding Minimum Requirements to claim reward needed, even that doesn't help if still using mac/ip system in server side as both can be changed

- and question how does mod works in multi gameserver? daily ticks etc?

i suggest to improve it maybe few things :
1- replace 
Cmd_EnterMap to use AfterPlayerLogin  so function will be called only once when player login the game
2- save current player reward day (of rewarder claim <) so if he passed x day he will always stick to same day until total days reset to day 1
3- extra special reward for day strikes ?  in my case if player login per month as 10 days in strikes gets >special strikes reward <
4- its related to point 2 so we still can save server rewarder day in case server restart/crash etc > also can add additional force reset etc

this examples of what i have done before: first one with claim button :
with updating player of reset days/ remain time to claim 

e0a3451d40d831053677f240e6503267.gif

after time is up
bc5003a8886e2362b609f79be5592167.gif

this as auto giving reward after x time without claim button , but in both server save player current day of x reward 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello @mkhzaleh and thanks for your suggestions!

guess using Cmd_EnterMap not a really good idea, you can use AfterPlayerLogin which called only once per login , 

1) Method CCharacter::Cmd_EnterMap has parameter Char chLogin. It is 'false' when character enter the map from character selection scene (login) and 'true' when character change the map already logged in. Thus, CCharacter::Cmd_EnterMap works as CGameApp::AfterPlayerLogin and reward system routine is called once per login;

2) We need the pointer to the character object in GameServer memory. CGameApp::AfterPlayerLogin does not receive this pointer in any way.

also its mean if server crash/restart for any reasons players reward will reset to first day again?

No, all data related with the system are saved in GameDB and updated when the character entered the game / received the reward.

The mod is open source, developers can customize this period as they see fit.

also adding Minimum Requirements to claim reward needed, even that doesn't help if still using mac/ip system in server side as both can be changed

Players have to wait 24 hours to receive the first reward. You can add a check for the minimum character level, for example. Or don't give too valuable a reward in the early days.

and question how does mod works in multi gameserver? daily ticks etc?

Do you mean several GameServer instances? It should work fine because GameServers share reward data through one common database.

i suggest to improve it maybe few things :
1- replace Cmd_EnterMap to use AfterPlayerLogin  so function will be called only once when player login the game
2- save current player reward day (of rewarder claim <) so if he passed x day he will always stick to same day until total days reset to day 1
3- extra special reward for day strikes ?  in my case if player login per month as 10 days in strikes gets >special strikes reward <
4- its related to point 2 so we still can save server rewarder day in case server restart/crash etc > also can add additional force reset etc

1) Do not agree (see above);

2) You can remove this code from pkodev::hook::CCharacter__Cmd_EnterMap() function and day streak won't reset:

// Check that the reward time has not expired
if ( delta > (2 * pkodev::reward::interval) )
{
     // Make new item list
     CreateRoleReward(This, 0, reward);

// Update reward data in database
     UpdateRoleRewardDB(This, reward);
}

3) It is possible to make;

4) Reward will be still given after server crash within 24 hours. If the server crash is more than 24 hours, the days will be reset. This point has not been worked out now.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, V3ct0r said:

Hello @mkhzaleh and thanks for your suggestions!

1) Method CCharacter::Cmd_EnterMap has parameter Char chLogin. It is 'false' when character enter the map from character selection scene (login) and 'true' when character change the map already logged in. Thus, CCharacter::Cmd_EnterMap works as CGameApp::AfterPlayerLogin and reward system routine is called once per login;

2) We need the pointer to the character object in GameServer memory. CGameApp::AfterPlayerLogin does not receive this pointer in any way.

No, all data related with the system are saved in GameDB and updated when the character entered the game / received the reward.

The mod is open source, developers can customize this period as they see fit.

Players have to wait 24 hours to receive the first reward. You can add a check for the minimum character level, for example. Or don't give too valuable a reward in the early days.

Do you mean several GameServer instances? It should work fine because GameServers share reward data through one common database.

1) Do not agree (see above);

2) You can remove this code from pkodev::hook::CCharacter__Cmd_EnterMap() function and day streak won't reset:

// Check that the reward time has not expired
if ( delta > (2 * pkodev::reward::interval) )
{
     // Make new item list
     CreateRoleReward(This, 0, reward);

// Update reward data in database
     UpdateRoleRewardDB(This, reward);
}

3) It is possible to make;

4) Reward will be still given after server crash within 24 hours. If the server crash is more than 24 hours, the days will be reset. This point has not been worked out now.

i see, its just suggestion if someone wanted to use someday

2) We need the pointer to the character object in GameServer memory. CGameApp::AfterPlayerLogin does not receive this pointer in any way.

we still can get pointer through player name , as g_pGameApp->FindPlayerChaByNameLua
or people use it as ``GetPlayerByName`` i just mention it because it be more handy in future codes if you turn it to lua  global function 
``g_CParser.DoString("After_PlayerLogin", enumSCRIPT_RETURN_NONE,``

2 minutes ago, mkhzaleh said:

iwe still can get pointer through player name , as g_pGameApp->FindPlayerChaByNameLua
or people use it as ``GetPlayerByName`` i just mention it because it be more handy in future codes if you turn it to lua  global function 
``g_CParser.DoString("After_PlayerLogin", enumSCRIPT_RETURN_NONE,``

1) We will have extra loop for player searching in this case. This is bad for performance reasons;

2) Do not forget that we are creating a mod for .exe, not working with source codes. The more functions you have to use, the more complex the mod.

16 minutes ago, V3ct0r said:

1) We will have extra loop for player searching in this case. This is bad for performance reasons;

2) Do not forget that we are creating a mod for .exe, not working with source codes. The more functions you have to use, the more complex the mod.

yup understand guess i did mix that for "after login_ " that was in gift mod not rewarder 
because i remember seen someone ask about something like that

Additionally I was wondering if there is a clean "onlogin" function, which only starts when you logon to the GameServer.

I would like to use this for the function to deliver daily gifts to players.

😜 anyway great job

👾👾👾👾👾👾
some ps: we still can use that or just create extra lua function from enter_map "for people who use source" or want to create dll for it" as
👾👾👾👾👾👾

if(chLogin == 0)
		g_CParser.DoString("Enter_Map_FirstTime", enumSCRIPT_RETURN_NONE, 0, enumSCRIPT_PARAM_LIGHTUSERDATA, 1, this, DOSTRING_PARAM_END);

👾👾👾👾👾👾

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mkhzaleh said:

guess using Cmd_EnterMap not a really good idea, you can use AfterPlayerLogin which called only once per login , 

- and question how does mod works in multi gameserver? daily ticks etc?

i suggest to improve it maybe few things :
1- replace 
Cmd_EnterMap to use AfterPlayerLogin  so function will be called only once when player login the game

this examples of what i have done before: first one with claim button :
with updating player of reset days/ remain time to claim 

e0a3451d40d831053677f240e6503267.gif

after time is up
bc5003a8886e2362b609f79be5592167.gif

this as auto giving reward after x time without claim button , but in both server save player current day of x reward 

How about src of this one or implemention of the mod reward through SRC not DLLs ?

How about src of this one or implemention of the mod reward through SRC not DLLs ?

same method you can follow his comments to find main functions in source 

unknown.png?width=487&height=473

• Like 1

On 12/15/2021 at 2:00 AM, V3ct0r said:

Hello @K1D0!

The first reward will be given in 24 hours after the player entered the game and the reward chain was generated for the first time. In your case, you will get reward in ~14 hours from now. You can reduce this period for tests (see point 2 of section "Mod customization").

I changed the reward to give every 2 minutes and then I get an error

dbunknown.png

and also the client is closing alone
GIF LINK

On 12/15/2021 at 3:14 PM, mkhzaleh said:

😜 anyway great job

Thank you!

17 hours ago, K1D0 said:

I changed the reward to give every 2 minutes and then I get an error

dbunknown.png

and also the client is closing alone
GIF LINK

1) Show here changes you made in source code;

2) Send your Game.exe I will check it because I could be wrong with the addresses.

22 hours ago, V3ct0r said:

Thank you!

1) Show here changes you made in source code;

2) Send your Game.exe I will check it because I could be wrong with the addresses.

static const unsigned int interval{ 2 * 60 }; //{ 24 * 60 * 60 }; // 24 hours

SYSTEM

if you can do that for me too

unknown.png

Hello @K1D0!

Your Game.exe has modified void CItemCommand::Render(int x, int y) function. I think this is a patch for displaying the level of fairies, gems, equipment on their icons in the inventory. The mod is incompatible with it.

You can remove the following code from pkodev.mod.reward.client project, file dllmain.cpp:

// Set patch for function CItemCommand::Render()
char patch[] = { (char)0x66, (char)0x83, (char)0xF8, (char)0x00 };
WriteProcessMemory(GetCurrentProcess(), reinterpret_cast<LPVOID>(pkodev::address::MOD_EXE_VERSION::CItemCommand__Render__Patch), reinterpret_cast<LPCVOID>(patch), sizeof(patch), nullptr);

// Reset patch for function CItemCommand::Render()
char patch_[] = { (char)0x66, (char)0x3D, (char)0x01, (char)0x00 };
WriteProcessMemory(GetCurrentProcess(), reinterpret_cast<LPVOID>(pkodev::address::MOD_EXE_VERSION::CItemCommand__Render__Patch), reinterpret_cast<LPCVOID>(patch_), sizeof(patch_), nullptr);

Now it will work, but in slots with one item, item amount will not be displayed:

kd.png

if you can do that for me too

Create a separate topic, if you want to discuss it, please.

• Thanks 1

In case anyone is interested in the old style
spacer.png

Download Here
and change te line  -- Close button

-- Close button
btnClose = UI_CreateCompent( frmReward, BUTTON_TYPE, "btnClose", 14, 14, 342, 4 )
UI_LoadButtonImage( btnClose, "texture/mods/pkodev.mod.reward/main.png", 14, 14, 271, 174, TRUE )

spacer.png

Edited by Masuka00
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

☠️🏴‍☠️💀ǤØĐ βŁ€ŞŞ ƤƗŘΔĆ¥💀🏴‍☠️☠️

2 hours ago, Masuka00 said:

In case anyone is interested in the old style
spacer.png

and change te line  -- Close button

-- Close button
UI_LoadButtonImage( btnClose, "texture/mods/pkodev.mod.reward/main.tga", 14, 14, 271, 174, TRUE )

spacer.png

do you plan to share it?

@Masuka00sorry now it was that I saw that it was shared but I have a problem the close button does not appear make the change of the button

-- Close button
UI_LoadButtonImage( btnClose, "texture/mods/pkodev.mod.reward/main.tga", 14, 14, 271, 174, TRUE )
On 1/19/2022 at 10:35 AM, dragontechi said:

do you plan to share it?

image.png.8ce17babe1eb2112b254114f3341281d.png

@V3ct0r sorry it was my mistake I could make it work it was the day

On 1/19/2022 at 11:35 AM, dragontechi said:

load the mod perform the installation but it does not show me anything @V3ct0rimage.png.37197a0505080a40c9e09143fed08b14.png

• Thanks 1

@Masuka00

-- Close button

sorry it was in .tga and it was png for which it may interest you

image.png.9bca046407d76b449c9161c7c95f6ea8.png 

16 minutes ago, dragontechi said:

@Masuka00

-- Close button

sorry it was in .tga and it was png for which it may interest you

image.png.9bca046407d76b449c9161c7c95f6ea8.png 

Yeah sorry for that 😅

☠️🏴‍☠️💀ǤØĐ βŁ€ŞŞ ƤƗŘΔĆ¥💀🏴‍☠️☠️

Hello @Masuka00!

It looks cool, thank you! Added your work to the first post.

Hello @K1D0!

I made a smart icon mod compatible with this mod:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello @Xoskis,

What .dll did you put in the mods folder of the GameServer? For your version of GameServer.exe it should be pkodev.mod.reward.server.138.dll

\GameServer\mods\pkodev.mod.reward\pkodev.mod.reward.server.138.dll

10 hours ago, V3ct0r said:

Hello @Xoskis,

What .dll did you put in the mods folder of the GameServer? For your version of GameServer.exe it should be pkodev.mod.reward.server.138.dll

\GameServer\mods\pkodev.mod.reward\pkodev.mod.reward.server.138.dll

Now is OK! 

but where do i open the daily reward?

image.png.c66bae43cf6772f1bfc259efb500c19f.png

On 12/15/2021 at 8:00 AM, V3ct0r said:

@Xoskis