wouter2004

dbo.character - dupplicate characters

Hi All,

I need a bit of support for the following problem.

Some players on our server suddenly have dupplicate entries in the dbo.character database, with strange names like "312312312" or "ddddddd".

Also the server should only allow a maximum of 3 characters per account, but these accounts have like six records.

Below you will find a screenshot. How do people do this? is it the work of a WPE tool or an exploit in one of the create_cha events?

See example below:

spacer.png

I hope someone can help me to find a solution for this.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Wouter

21 minutes ago, mkhzaleh said:

you can have more than 3 if you delete the character then create new one , so you have to check if characters is deleted or not lol 

Thanks for the quick reply, I will check that.

It alarmed me because the characters were almost the same and stopped at level 41.

But now I think people do this to quickly earn money, by selling their gear from chests.

Just kind annoying to see so many alts in the database.

When you delete a character it's record isn't really getting deleted, there's a del_flag that's set to true to indicate that the character was deleted, also you can find all the chars' ids for each account recorded in cha_ids column which separates each id with a ';'

that's the case, if i remember correctly.

Kind regards, AG.

24 minutes ago, J0k3r said:

When you delete a character it's record isn't really getting deleted, there's a del_flag that's set to true to indicate that the character was deleted, also you can find all the chars' ids for each account recorded in cha_ids column which separates each id with a ';'

that's the case, if i remember correctly.

Thanks, yes indeed I remember that column and happy to see this was no hack.

I am just wondering if there is a way to delay the deletion and creation of new characters. To demotivate people to create temp characters for the loot in chests and then delete them afterwards.

perhaps make new chest items and change the item prices 0 gold.

6 hours ago, wouter2004 said:

I am just wondering if there is a way to delay the deletion and creation of new characters. To demotivate people to create temp characters for the loot in chests and then delete them afterwards.

That's on your gameplay, not the actual stuff going within server/client. Even if you change the actual item's price to zero, if it has any value (usage), they'll sell it for a set price onto other players if your server has an economy. If the characters are being deleted at 41, then they most likely do that to farm reputation, the gold from newbie chest, amplifiers and sell equipment. You can probably make reputation useless or only be given above level 50 (for example), remove gold bonus on newbie chests and make those specific amplifier non-tradeable.

• Thanks 1

On 8/22/2021 at 8:45 AM, wouter2004 said:

Why delay creation of characters? You can do many workarounds that will become game mechanics:

- countdown for when mentor is able to register another character as a disciple

- disciple pays system a fee to get a mentor

- character cannot be deleted until lv50 or Whatever number

- deletion of disciple deducts mentors reputation

ETC. You get the point.

• Thanks 1

kong.png

a2.png

i would say change game play rather than that
but if he won't many alts you can allow reset option for character or you can call it rebirth
that rest all his states/values /name if needed

but you can reset that after lv 41 or 42 that's will keep the loop of  rep system but will reduce creating alts   

Edited by mkhzaleh

On 8/25/2021 at 12:16 PM, mkhzaleh said:

i would say change game play rather than that
but if he won't many alts you can allow reset option for character of you can call it rebirth
that rest all his states/values /name if needed

but you can reset that after lv 41 or 42 that's will keep the loop of  rep system but will reduce creating alts   

Agree with this. 

kong.png

a2.png