Electro_Jump

Where to start with dev?

Hi guys,

I used to play Top/Top2 and a lot of private Servers and the well-known nostalgic feeling brought me back here.

Currently I'm in my third year of my computer science program where I learned a lot of theoretical stuff but my practical skills are poor. 
Maybe playing with the source code of a game I used to love would be the right project to sharpen those skills, so here I am. To be more

concret, my main goal for now is to get familiar with the source code and to modify and extend it.

The problem I have now is that I don't know where to start this journey. So to all veterans of this dev forum: How would you start if you

were in my position? 

Greetings,

Electro_Jump

8 hours ago, Snre3n said:

Hello!

I would recommend you to look at @deguix top-recode, It has every source project you need, ready to compile.
- C++ latest flag enabled, Use the latest C++ version available.
- easy to setup dev & server enviroment locally.

https://gitlab.com/deguix/top-recode

Thanks, it works smoothly. Fortunately I'm visiting a c++ course in our university :D

But I still think that it is quite a challenge to deep dive into the source code without any other ressources. 

Are there still people working on the same source code? If yes, how can I get in touch with them?