Brothers

Big Notice after finishing Rebirth

2 hours ago, Brothers said:

As the picture may say:
How can i change the notice: Congrats on Rebirth... here above in screen, instead of system chat?
image.png.44c2f0690097583c73e8eaf7fcfadc86.png

_ Ted

I'm not sure where yours can be installed, but just look for the "function GetChaName_born (role)" in NPCSdk.lua if it's not there, look in the calculate files

Edited by 1g0rS1lv4

Being better than others is for those who are weak; what matters is to be true to yourself.         

Right now, the notice is this: (Found at Forge.lua)

PlayEffect( npc, 361 )
    Notice("Extreme celebration, "..cha_name.." Rebirth successful. Blessing from the whole server! "..cha_name.." Hope you have a safe journey and everything goes your way!")
    return 1

I guess it has to do with play effect? 
Because if i change Notice to GMNotice, nothing works.

12 minutes ago, Brothers said:

Right now, the notice is this: (Found at Forge.lua)

PlayEffect( npc, 361 )
    Notice("Extreme celebration, "..cha_name.." Rebirth successful. Blessing from the whole server! "..cha_name.." Hope you have a safe journey and everything goes your way!")
    return 1

I guess it has to do with play effect? 
Because if i change Notice to GMNotice, nothing works.

No. What Wolfen didn't explain is that GMNotice and ScrollNotice are not lua functions by default.

• The function "GMNotice" is within all servers by default since it's bound to the client command "Alt+P" (if I remember correctly), but it's not bound to any lua function, so you cannot call it from lua scripts.
  • The function "ScrollNotice" is only present on v2.4 servers and those servers that use custom source-built exes. It has no client command, but it does have a lua command which is used like "ScrollNotice(Text, Number)".
  • The function "Notice" is coded into all servers by default within client command and also lua function, so it can be used in lua scripts with "Notice(Text)".

None of these functions (if implemented) need a requirement, prior or post, to the call of the function.

4 minutes ago, Angelix said:

No. What Wolfen didn't explain is that GMNotice and ScrollNotice are not lua functions by default.

• The function "GMNotice" is within all servers by default since it's bound to the client command "Alt+P" (if I remember correctly), but it's not bound to any lua function, so you cannot call it from lua scripts.
  • The function "ScrollNotice" is only present on v2.4 servers and those servers that use custom source-built exes. It has no client command, but it does have a lua command which is used like "ScrollNotice(Text, Number)".
  • The function "Notice" is coded into all servers by default within client command and also lua function, so it can be used in lua scripts with "Notice(Text)".

None of these functions (if implemented) need a requirement, prior or post, to the call of the function.

So i guess i can forget this idea? Because im only using 1.3x version?
Thanks btw for responsing so quickly!

2 minutes ago, Brothers said:

So i guess i can forget this idea? Because im only using 1.3x version?
Thanks btw for responsing so quickly!

Yes, unless you get ahold of different exes with those functions working. You can probably find around here some GameServer with "GMNotice" working or ask someone to add it to yours.

11 minutes ago, Angelix said:

Yes, unless you get ahold of different exes with those functions working. You can probably find around here some GameServer with "GMNotice" working or ask someone to add it to yours.

Ah, thank you!