leanth240

how to increase the ItemInfo, skillinfo, skilleff limit

If i remmber correctly, if you have to increase the limit in gameserver.exe and aswell as game.exe. Precicely how...i dont know

Edited by Spidpex

Hello, if your version is V1.38 you can open hex editor the open gameserver.exe find the 000906d0h this row and change your column a,b

for example if I want to change my skilleff.txt limit to 8000 , just change column a,b to 40 1F and it worked!

6 minutes ago, LINK1218 said:

Hello, if your version is V1.38 you can open hex editor the open gameserver.exe find the 000906d0h this row and change your column a,b

for example if I want to change my skilleff.txt limit to 8000 , just change column a,b to 40 1F and it worked!

Yes, you changed your SkillEff limit, but do those limits actually work? Like try placing a new effect in those added lines, does the effect show up?

16 hours ago, Angelix said:

Yes, you changed your SkillEff limit, but do those limits actually work? Like try placing a new effect in those added lines, does the effect show up?

it will not , in client source many places had it as 240 hard code numbers or as they call it "magic numbers"

17 hours ago, Angelix said:

sorry, my fault it can't not work about effect, effect just can worked at original limit, I tested it.

9 hours ago, mkhzaleh said:

it will not , in client source many places had it as 240 hard code numbers or as they call it "magic numbers"

Yes, I know that, that's why I asked if the person was able to get them to work.

On 11/25/2020 at 10:39 PM, LINK1218 said:

as other have mentioned, this value is hardcoded in multiple locations within the game. However, if you manage to get it working, I would personally set the value to a lower one or increase it accordingly otherwise it's a colossal waste of resources.