Sign in to follow this  
Amaru

FilterServer?

I was going through some files and I found "FilterServer.exe" by SimplePRO.

What does it do?

Is it required to run a server? 

Most filters are used to disregard dupes etc, but to me they are not really needed; they don't really do anything in my opinion, most common stuff like socket problems/connection are due to host and or the build of src compiled with exploits and or debugs.

Nissan-GT-R.gif

22 hours ago, FruitJuice said:

Most filters are used to disregard dupes etc, but to me they are not really needed; they don't really do anything in my opinion, most common stuff like socket problems/connection are due to host and or the build of src compiled with exploits and or debugs.

So do you know what exactly it does so that we could apply the fix its supposed to solve in the source itself?

Edited by Amaru

16 hours ago, Amaru said:

bump. anybody know anything about it?

its about some old exploits such tcp flood,  change mac on login , guild list flood 

Edited by mkhzaleh
  • Like 1

Hello @Amaru!

This program is unneccesary if you see in your AccountServer.exe and GroupServer.exe message:

SQL Injection fix
On 6/1/2020 at 9:59 PM, mkhzaleh said:

its about some old exploits such tcp flood,  change mac on login , guild list flood 

It protects only against SQL injections in AccountServer.exe and GroupServer.exe (login packet and change secret code (PIN) packet).

• Like 1

14 hours ago, V3ct0r said:

Hello @Amaru!

This program is unneccesary if you see in your AccountServer.exe and GroupServer.exe message:

SQL Injection fix

It protects only against SQL injections in AccountServer.exe and GroupServer.exe (login packet and change secret code (PIN) packet).

Thank you so much for the information! Seems it is unneccesary with the sources out now. We can directly fix those issues in the EXE and not rely on an external application