YeYeJuice

Website problem (Xampp). Can't connect to db

Whats up yall? I am trying to set up my website with xampp. I've been already setting up simple websites before, but now i am getting this Errors (depending if i use the IP directly or the SQL id name):

If i use ./SQLEXPRESS, this pops up (it is the same i am using for gameserver, and gameserver has no problem when connecting to database):

image.png.539dbfbd71ed7eb980a67429123331cd.png

If i use the ip directly, i get this:

image.png.22b6089714f50cc3d645b1e9033f0407.png

Some additional information:

• I am using SQL server 2014.
  • The xampp version i am using ia 1.6.8.
  • Tried this also with 5 different websites from the public archive.
  • Already opened ports 80 and 1433 and made sure no other application was using them.
  • Enabled all protocols in sql server configuration manager
  • Tried turning firewall off and it didn't work as wel.
  • Reinstalled xampp and tried different versions but it didn't work.
  • In the /SQLEXPRESS host, i also tried adding ,1433 and it didn't work

Is there anything i am missing? A few weeks before i made another website and had no problems with it. Now that i am using a new vps i am getting thsi problem, kinda weird.

THANKS

Edited by YeYeJuice

In SQL Configuration Manager, check the `SQL Server Network Configuration` Tab. Is TCP/IP Enabled there?

image.png.c7c8cfed542ea7c8d1acb647ab4dd175.png

If not, enable it.

If it is enabled, double click the TCP/IP protocol and go to the "IP Addresses" tab.

Look for the entry which has IP Address as your local IP (127.0.0.1) and make sure that's enabled as well.

image.png.27fd3e35b95d6a298c943363059da387.png

46 minutes ago, Perseus said:

In SQL Configuration Manager, check the `SQL Server Network Configuration` Tab. Is TCP/IP Enabled there?

image.png.c7c8cfed542ea7c8d1acb647ab4dd175.png

If not, enable it.

If it is enabled, double click the TCP/IP protocol and go to the "IP Addresses" tab.

Look for the entry which has IP Address as your local IP (127.0.0.1) and make sure that's enabled as well.

image.png.27fd3e35b95d6a298c943363059da387.png

Hi!, yeah, all that was enabled already, but still getting the error 😞

On 5/12/2020 at 4:49 PM, YeYeJuice said:

Whats up yall? I am trying to set up my website with xampp. I've been already setting up simple websites before, but now i am getting this Errors (depending if i use the IP directly or the SQL id name):

If i use ./SQLEXPRESS, this pops up (it is the same i am using for gameserver, and gameserver has no problem when connecting to database):

image.png.539dbfbd71ed7eb980a67429123331cd.png

If i use the ip directly, i get this:

image.png.22b6089714f50cc3d645b1e9033f0407.png

Some additional information:

• I am using SQL server 2014.
  • The xampp version i am using ia 1.6.8.
  • Tried this also with 5 different websites from the public archive.
  • Already opened ports 80 and 1433 and made sure no other application was using them.
  • Enabled all protocols in sql server configuration manager
  • Tried turning firewall off and it didn't work as wel.
  • Reinstalled xampp and tried different versions but it didn't work.
  • In the /SQLEXPRESS host, i also tried adding ,1433 and it didn't work

Is there anything i am missing? A few weeks before i made another website and had no problems with it. Now that i am using a new vps i am getting thsi problem, kinda weird.

THANKS

.\SQLEXPRESS 

try this.

suggestion if this won't work., use zendserver you will find a guide here on the forum

Edited by cpworkerz

On 5/16/2020 at 4:52 AM, cpworkerz said:

.\SQLEXPRESS 

try this.

suggestion if this won't work., use zendserver you will find a guide here on the forum

Tried but still not working. I've read the Zend guide but zend isn't free right?,or at least that what i saw when i researched it.

6 hours ago, YeYeJuice said:

Tried but still not working. I've read the Zend guide but zend isn't free right?,or at least that what i saw when i researched it.

it's free, they give you 30 days trail for their admin control panel, but you may stay using it forever.

Hello @YeYeJuice!

You can specify in config.php the full name of the instance of your MSSQL Server. You can see it in MSSQL Manager Studio program. 

12v.png

On 5/17/2020 at 11:21 PM, YeYeJuice said:

I've read the Zend guide but zend isn't free right?,or at least that what i saw when i researched it.

You can configure Apache + PHP. They are free and there are many guides in Google. No need to use heavy stacks like Zend or XAMPP.

• Thanks 1

On 6/3/2020 at 6:16 AM, V3ct0r said:

Hello @YeYeJuice!

You can specify in config.php the full name of the instance of your MSSQL Server. You can see it in MSSQL Manager Studio program. 

12v.png

You can configure Apache + PHP. They are free and there are many guides in Google. No need to use heavy stacks like Zend or XAMPP.

Hiya @V3ct0r, i triple checked that sql host + user + password were correct but i still get the error. It is rare because my server exes connect without any problem but php still can't connect. Also, i have all the sqlsrv drivers installed. Might there be a specific config inside sql management studio that i need to edit?

Why? SQL management studio is only a client for the DB Server. If your SSMS and exes can connect to SQL, then it is likely a configuration issue in your php files.

Some common configurations I see:

(localhost)

.\SQLEXPRESS

<User>\SQLEXPRESS

AND WATCH OUT FOR THOSE BACK-SLASH

kong.png

a2.png

1 hour ago, MonkeyCode said:

Why? SQL management studio is only a client for the DB Server. If your SSMS and exes can connect to SQL, then it is likely a configuration issue in your php files.

Some common configurations I see:

(localhost)

.\SQLEXPRESS

<User>\SQLEXPRESS

AND WATCH OUT FOR THOSE BACK-SLASH

Tried all of those but still won't connect. I also tried Perseus Web and it isn't connecting to the db as well, also some other extensions that use php aren't connecting. Somehow mssql is blocking the php connections but idk how.

Hello @YeYeJuice!

Make sure that mixed authentication is enabled in MSSQL Server settings:

msqlprop.png

Solution? same problem. the bug start in windows server 2012 R2. i'm using same programs.

I am using SQL server 2014.

The xampp version i am using is 1.6.8.

Tried this also with 5 different websites from the public archive.

Already opened ports 80 and 1433 and made sure no other application was using them.

Enabled all protocols in sql server configuration manager

Tried turning firewall off and it didn't work as wel.

Reinstalled xampp and tried different versions but it didn't work.

In the .\SQLEXPRESS host, i also tried adding ,1433 and it didn't work

@neve 

I've done everything, but on older windows it open normal, on windows server 2012 the site doesn't connect to the sqlserver.

I installed the php drivers on xampp and even then it won't.