XXD

The future of Tales of pirates, top 3.0? (Battle of Kingdoms)

(Portuguese)

ola amantes de tales of pirates, estou trazendo atualizações para quem possa interessar, do jogo baseado em tales of pirates que estou desenvolvendo com UNITY 3D, pelo que ja vi pela internet e ate aqui no forum, existem outros que estão interessados e curiosos pra saber como isso seria, e eu fico feliz com isso pois eu tenho certeza que recriar o top pela unity trara infinitas possibilidades, mas sei em primeira mao o quão difícil é principalmente a estrutura da rede ja que Unity esta descontinuando Unet  Unity Unet Link , e um novo sistema ainda nao esta disponivel por isso que eu fiz minha própria estrutura com tcpClient configurando meu próprio socket etc... Estou a mais de 1 ano quebrando a cabeça e alguns mouse kkk, mas agora neste ponto em que estou tenho certeza de que foi a melhor escolha, e sei que agora temos o codigo fonte do jogo o que possibilita muito mais do que antes, mas acreditem com unity teremos muito mais, a facilidade de incrementar monstros novas classe novas habilidades e tudo mais é ridícula de fácil, criar novos mapas novos recursos, pensa no teu sonho mais maluco de implementação,  eu te garanto com unity é possível, a unity é apenas a uma engine entre muitas e eu a escolhi pela facilidade e uma comunidade gigante, mas qualquer engine serve, se alguem quiser tentar criar seu jogo com unity e quiserem criar topico no forum pra desenvolvimento dos seus próprios projetos eu posso ajudar e dar dicas, nao vou disponibilizar o meu (pelo menos por enquanto) ate porque nao documentei nada e outras pessoas ficariam mais perdidas, agora sempre que possível posso ajudar com dicas do que ja aprendi, nao sei tudo mas ja percorri um bom caminho e acho que criarmos projetos em unity e compartilharmos conhecimento teremos vários jogos baseados em Top modelado ao gosto dos criadores, mas nao só isso ter um mmorpg no seu portfólio ira abrir portas.

vejam algumas fotos do progresso do jogo(lembrando que no momento nao estou criando muitas novidades e sim implementando oque o top ja tem).

desenvolvido por min.

criditos ao blackbarba pela ajuda com design;

(english)

Hello lovers of tales of pirates, I am bringing updates to anyone who may interest, the game based on tales of pirates that I am developing with UNITY 3D, from what I've seen on the internet and so far in the forum, there are others who are interested and curious to know how it would be, and I'm happy with that because I'm sure recreating the top by unity will bring endless possibilities, but I know firsthand how difficult the network structure is especially since Unity is discontinuing Unet Unity uNet link, and a new system is not yet available so i made my own structure with tcpClient setting up my own socket etc ... i'm over 1 year breaking my head and some mouse kkk but now at this point i'm sure it was the best choice, and I know now we have the source code of the game which makes it much more easy than before, but believe me with unity we will have much more, the ease of incrementing new monsters,new skills and everything else is ridiculous easy, create new maps new features, think of your wildest implementation dream, i assure you with unity is possible, unity is just one engine among many and i chose it for ease and a giant community, but any engine will do, if anyone wants to try to create their game with unity and want to create forum topics for the development of their own projects I can help and give tips, I will not make mine available (at least for now) because I have not documented anything and other people would be more lost, now whenever possible I can help with tips from what I have learned, I do not know everything but I have come a good way and I think that creating projects in unity and sharing knowledge will have several games based on Top modeled to you like, but not only, having a mmorpg in your portfolio will open doors.

Check out some photos of the progress of the game (remembering that at the moment I'm not creating much news but implementing what the top already has).

developed by min.

credit to blackbarba for design help;

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_4.png

Screenshot_29.png

Screenshot_30.png

Screenshot_7.png

Screenshot_8.png

Screenshot_9.png

Screenshot_10.png

Screenshot_12.png

Screenshot_19.png

Screenshot_20.png

Screenshot_21.png

Screenshot_22.png

Screenshot_23.png

Screenshot_24.png

Screenshot_13.png

Screenshot_14.png

Screenshot_15.png

Screenshot_16.png

Screenshot_17.png

Screenshot_18.png

Screenshot_22.png

Screenshot_19.png

Screenshot_20.png

Screenshot_21.png

Screenshot_24.png

Screenshot_25.png

Screenshot_27.png

Screenshot_41.png

Screenshot_42.png

Screenshot_43.png

Screenshot_44.png

Screenshot_45.png

Screenshot_46.png

Screenshot_47.png

Screenshot_31.png

Screenshot_32.png

Screenshot_33.png

Screenshot_34.png

Screenshot_35.png

Screenshot_36.png

Screenshot_37.png

Screenshot_38.png

Screenshot_58.png

Screenshot_48.png

Screenshot_49.png

Screenshot_50.png

Screenshot_51.png

Screenshot_52.png

Screenshot_53.png

Screenshot_54.png

Screenshot_55.png

Screenshot_56.png

Screenshot_57.png

• Like 5

4 hours ago, blazi10 said:

any beta bro? 😂

Very soon, I'm still assembling the structure, I believe that until half the next month I can release a demo or something.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, XXD said:

Very soon, I'm still assembling the structure, I believe that until half the next month I can release a demo or something.

estou esperando ansioso, pra jogar uma versao do TOP modelado no unity .

Edited by Daisuke
  • Like 1

On 9/5/2019 at 2:43 AM, XXD said:

skymove.thumb.gif.a71bbd9a3736b8cc4858764629b15f44.gifnow the clouds move.

Bro what I've seen just now is mind blowing!! Any updates about it or about the demo in 2021? I hope you succeed in all means because this really deserves to be called TOP 3.0

Hello @Jhowalker,

Looks like the project is dead. The author has not visited the forum for two years.

Hello friends,

A week ago I contacted @XXD and asked him about the status of the "Battle of Kingdoms" project. He said that he is no longer developong this project, as the project was his hobby, but he was called to work professionally on other projects. I also asked if he would be able to make the "Battle of Kingdoms" files available to the public, or to call the price for which he is willing to sell this project. He said he would think. So far I have not received a response.

In all honesty @V3ct0r, I can't picture seeing TOP in newer engines. Maybe it has to do something with the nostalgic feeling, or just that the adaptation is poor. But to me at least, it ruins the overall usability of the game.

• Thanks 1

Hello @Rogue,

Thanks for your opinion!

As for me, such projects looks interesting in terms of being able to launch on mobile devices, gaining new experiences and learning new technologies.

On 1/22/2023 at 1:46 PM, Rogue said:

In all honesty @V3ct0r, I can't picture seeing TOP in newer engines. Maybe it has to do something with the nostalgic feeling, or just that the adaptation is poor. But to me at least, it ruins the overall usability of the game.

when you stop improving (even just graphics) you get left behind! Does anyone have any statistics on how many people played this game in 2022 who’s never heard of top/pko.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

kong.png

a2.png

On 1/26/2023 at 11:38 AM, MonkeyCode said:

when you stop improving (even just graphics) you get left behind! Does anyone have any statistics on how many people played this game in 2022 who’s never heard of top/pko.

It varies. For sure the game population has dropped in the last few years. Regardless, I think it would be interesting to see a proper adaptation of the game in an advanced engine. Maybe with proper funding and man power, projects like Battle of Kingdoms could definitely be something.

• Thanks 1

On 1/22/2023 at 10:46 PM, Rogue said:

On 1/28/2023 at 9:47 PM, UnityDev said:

new Dungeon Test ... Suggestions are welcomed

IMHO graphics look like the original