Faller

Proper Minimap Creation

Hello, PKODev!

I'd like to ask if anyone knows how to properly build up a minimap for a custom map.

I use the client itself to generate the maps, but there's an issue that the objects aren't rendered properly as shown below:

image.png.62647d508eab83852e8149b86b969aea.png

That's it! I'll be really thankful if anyone can shout-out a solution, I plan to make a world map, although it looks terrible like this.

9 hours ago, Faller said:

Hello, PKODev!

I'd like to ask if anyone knows how to properly build up a minimap for a custom map.

I use the client itself to generate the maps, but there's an issue that the objects aren't rendered properly as shown below:

image.png.62647d508eab83852e8149b86b969aea.png

That's it! I'll be really thankful if anyone can shout-out a solution, I plan to make a world map, although it looks terrible like this.

I might be wrong but type at minimap (blue screen chat on editor) 0,0,x,y of map

Also i'd say is waste of time to make a world map, I've been working on it 3 years ago and I discontinued since people will just copy & paste ur hard work map and use on their server for free.

Edited by Rinor
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Rinor said:

I might be wrong but type at minimap (blue screen chat on editor) 0,0,x,y of map

That's exactly what I do :P

But it doesn't render objects properly as seen above.

4 hours ago, Rinor said:

Also i'd say is waste of time to make a world map, I've been working on it 3 years ago and I discontinued since people will just copy & paste ur hard work map and use on their server for free.

What I mean by World Map is the Alt+W one hehehe
And yea, I know your feeling.

Thanks for the reply!

• Like 1

Hi @Faller :)

I think these objects aren't shown 'cause the render engine has some nested limits that aren't easy to change through asm, if you really want to solve it best would be to use c++ source, and be aware that even if so, you will be facing more limits.

As you may know the game was made using an small zoom that doesn't goes to far from the character, and this default camera is the one that moliyos developers used to optimize the game, so changing it would lead to bugs such as hidden objects while using camera tweaks

Have you tried to generate it using a client without tweaks ?

Edited by Totoka
  • Thanks 1

Discord: andresc

3 hours ago, Totoka said:

Hi @Faller :)

I think these objects aren't shown 'cause the render engine has some nested limits that aren't easy to change through asm, if you really want to solve it best would be to use c++ source, and be aware that even if so, you will be facing more limits.

As you may know the game was made using an small zoom that doesn't goes to far from the character, and this default camera is the one that moliyos developers used to optimize the game, so changing it would lead to bugs such as hidden objects while using camera tweaks

Have you tried to generate it using a client without tweaks ?

Hey Totoka! Thanks for your appearance :D

I use a totally clean client as map editor, so there isn't any sort of tweaks :/

Although, I've always been using it on 800x600 resolution, I'll try on 1024, who knows!

18 hours ago, Faller said:

What I mean by World Map is the Alt+W one hehehe

And yea, I know your feeling.

Oh my bad then,
hahaha, good luck :)