Sign in to follow this  
gainster81

Connection Failed

Hey guys, i just made a new private server to play with friends.  I can log and play but my friends can't, when they try to log it says Connection Failed. I edited the serverfiles (accountserver,gateserver etc) to my local ipv4 adress and also tried with 127.0.0.1. The ports i fowarded are  1971,1975,1656,1973,1983 and 21 (TCP). They added my public ip to the ip changer and they still get the Connection failed message. is there something i am missing?

Thanks

you are not explaining where your friends are connecting to your server (if they are using your same internet environment then you can use router ip ex:192.168.1.x where x is your IPv4)

if they aren't ?

then you have to open port forward (that is pain in ass) or use program like hamachi for instance!

5 hours ago, Fisal Moha said:

you are not explaining where your friends are connecting to your server (if they are using your same internet environment then you can use router ip ex:192.168.1.x where x is your IPv4)

if they aren't ?

then you have to open port forward (that is pain in ass) or use program like hamachi for instance!

i tried putting my IPv4 adrdress and also my local (127.0.0.1) and it didn't work. The IP which my friends are entering in the ip changer is my ip i got from "whats my ip" website

5 hours ago, Fisal Moha said:

There are some extra stuff you can try:

1 - Try to open your windows firewall port 1973

2 - Check if your public ip is compatible with the ip changer length your frineds are using, anyway try the V3CTOR ip changer ( you can find on this forum )

Check if the port 1973 or 1978 (Depending on your group server configure) is open when you open GroupServer.exe and go to canyouseeme. Also make sure it matches Game.exe.

Nissan-GT-R.gif

19 hours ago, gainster81 said:

i tried putting my IPv4 adrdress and also my local (127.0.0.1) and it didn't work. The IP which my friends are entering in the ip changer is my ip i got from "whats my ip" website

Ok to make it easier are your friends using same router?

11 hours ago, Home said:

There are some extra stuff you can try:

1 - Try to open your windows firewall port 1973

2 - Check if your public ip is compatible with the ip changer length your frineds are using, anyway try the V3CTOR ip changer ( you can find on this forum )

I already had the port 1973 opened in TCP.

10 hours ago, Vang said:

Check if the port 1973 or 1978 (Depending on your group server configure) is open when you open GroupServer.exe and go to canyouseeme. Also make sure it matches Game.exe.

Already opened the port. 

3 hours ago, Fisal Moha said:

Ok to make it easier are your friends using same router?

Nope, they are playing from their home, we aren't at the same place.

Hello, @gainster81!

GateServer.cfg

[ToClient]
IP = 0.0.0.0
Port = 1973

Make sure that port 1973 is forwarded to your PC in the your router. Check if your PC is accessible from the Internet via your public ip. Check Windows Firewall, process GateServer.exe should have access to the Internet. 

Your friends can use IPChanger program to specify your server IP address for client:

Note: you have to use IP 127.0.0.1 to access server from local machine (PC on which server is running)

Ask your friends to try this coomand on windows cmd, to make sure the connection is being made.

telnet {your public ip} 1973

If yes, it will show a blank screen, if not it will show a message like could not connect...

3 hours ago, gainster81 said:

I already had the port 1973 opened in TCP.

Already opened the port. 

Nope, they are playing from their home, we aren't at the same place.

If u are using Windows +8 i think u need disable the anti virus that come with windows because it can block some connections. 

And as @Home and @V3ct0r said do

Lastly i would advice to buy host or use hamachi or program of the sort that easier for you.

My best regards!!

Edited by Fisal Moha

2 hours ago, V3ct0r said:

Hello, @gainster81!

GateServer.cfg

[ToClient]
IP = 0.0.0.0
Port = 1973

Make sure that port 1973 is forwarded to your PC in the your router. Check if your PC is accessible from the Internet via your public ip. Check Windows Firewall, process GateServer.exe should have access to the Internet. 

Your friends can use IPChanger program to specify your server IP address for client:

Note: you have to use IP 127.0.0.1 to access server from local machine (PC on which server is running)

I will try that. Thank you.

2 hours ago, Home said:

Ask your friends to try this coomand on windows cmd, to make sure the connection is being made.

telnet {your public ip} 1973

If yes, it will show a blank screen, if not it will show a message like could not connect...

Tried but it says that the telnet command doesn't exist

26 minutes ago, Fisal Moha said:

If u are using Windows +8 i think u need disable the anti virus that come with windows because it can block some connections. 

And as @Home and @V3ct0r said do

Lastly i would advice to buy host or use hamachi or program of the sort that easier for you.

My best regards!!

I am planning on getting a vps. Do i need to open the ports in the vps if i buy one? I have windows 7 btw. 

A friend of mine offered me a vps with the following specs:

2cores (dont know how much ghz)

4gb ram

200mb connection

100gb memory.

Is it good for a server to play with friends? Or is it going to lag?We would be like 15 players as much.

1 hour ago, gainster81 said:

I will try that. Thank you.

Tried but it says that the telnet command doesn't exist

I am planning on getting a vps. Do i need to open the ports in the vps if i buy one? I have windows 7 btw. 

A friend of mine offered me a vps with the following specs:

2cores (dont know how much ghz)

4gb ram

200mb connection

100gb memory.

Is it good for a server to play with friends? Or is it going to lag?We would be like 15 players as much.

i suppose 100 GB hard driver and not memory and if that is true you can play with your friends but most likely you will need to use only 1 gameserver, about ur windows is 7 i think you opened your router ports wrongly, so i will advice you to try that tool to discover ports if available globally or not!

https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ that web will discover port type 1973 in it and type ur IP get it from https://ipchicken.com/

25 minutes ago, Fisal Moha said:

i suppose 100 GB hard driver and not memory and if that is true you can play with your friends but most likely you will need to use only 1 gameserver, about ur windows is 7 i think you opened your router ports wrongly, so i will advice you to try that tool to discover ports if available globally or not!

https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ that web will discover port type 1973 in it and type ur IP get it from https://ipchicken.com/

I used that website but it says connection timed out when i put my ip and the port. Which specs would i need to use 3 gameservers?

1 hour ago, gainster81 said:

I used that website but it says connection timed out when i put my ip and the port. Which specs would i need to use 3 gameservers?

that mean ports aren't opened in your router correctly or something blocking them like firewall so you better search that

while for the gameserver in my experience i can assume 1 gameserver may hold 1.2 GB to 2 GB depend in number of maps opened in it so you better test it in your PC firstly.

remember VPS is not actual PC but a part of whole PC so you should make it 1 Gameserver as you do not know how good is your VPS !!

best regards mate ^^

6 hours ago, Fisal Moha said:

that mean ports aren't opened in your router correctly or something blocking them like firewall so you better search that

while for the gameserver in my experience i can assume 1 gameserver may hold 1.2 GB to 2 GB depend in number of maps opened in it so you better test it in your PC firstly.

remember VPS is not actual PC but a part of whole PC so you should make it 1 Gameserver as you do not know how good is your VPS !!

best regards mate ^^

i opened the ports inthe firewall but still didn't work. I am currently testing the vps, wish me luck hehe. And thanks

Edited by gainster81
Edit
  • Like 1

im having this same problem, i made exceptions for the ports i need in both inbound and outbound, ive also completely disabled firewall, and both times i cannot connect to the vps with my client.  

i have been useing the port checker from https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

but its saying the port is closed. it says its closed while i have both inbound and outbound exceptions for 1973.

it says its closed when firewall is completely disabled