Sign in to follow this  
Yosef

Connection failed, Website backdoors and DDoS Attacks

So I did open a server recently and I’ve been targeted for attacks.

ddos.jpg

ovh.png

So I manage to improve the security by activating some filters in the OVH panel, and most of the DDoS disappeared.

mitigation.jpg

inboundrules.jpg

httpconf.jpg

web server port

But then another problem appears, they start attacking my website causing it to be slow or just approachless and suddenly my players started to getting this error.

loginerror.png

Now, I guess that most of my security have been improved, but still not perfect, the problem remains and is all about website I know it because I shoot it down for testing and indeed, no attacks or “Connection failed” anymore.

So at this point my supposition are:

Holes in my website

Holes in the server (Port: 80)

I’m looking for solutions and advices here, what should I do? Where should I start looking?

I have searched all over the forum for this issue and have found some interesting stuff but have not found what I’m looking for, so please help me here.

Thank you all!

Regards

Yosef

signature.jpg

You can try limiting website hits per X duration of time on web side to filter the requests. One more approach you can undertake is to adjust server net speed. 

6 hours ago, Yosef said:

loginerror.png

Now, I guess that most of my security have been improved, but still not perfect, the problem remains and is all about website I know it because I shoot it down for testing and indeed, no attacks or “Connection failed” anymore.

This is my main problem now, and I can’t find a solution, i think it is related to GateServer, but how? Here’s my .CFG

Spoiler

[Main]
Name = PKO138
Version = 136

[GroupServer]
IP = 127.0.0.1
Port = 1975
EnablePing = 180

[ToClient]
IP = 0.0.0.0
Port = 1973
CommEncrypt = 0
EnablePing = 60    
MaxConnection = 1000        

[ToGameServer]
IP = 127.0.0.1
Port = 1971
EnablePing = 180

[ShowRange]
ShowMin = 500
ShowMax = 800
IsUse = 1

Edited by Yosef

signature.jpg

26 minutes ago, Yosef said:

This is my main problem now, and I can’t find a solution, i think it is related to GateServer, but how? Here’s my .CFG

Hide contents

[Main]
Name = PKO138
Version = 136

[GroupServer]
IP = 127.0.0.1
Port = 1975
EnablePing = 180

[ToClient]
IP = 0.0.0.0
Port = 1973
CommEncrypt = 0
EnablePing = 60    
MaxConnection = 1000        

[ToGameServer]
IP = 127.0.0.1
Port = 1971
EnablePing = 180

[ShowRange]
ShowMin = 500
ShowMax = 800
IsUse = 1

It's a normal config for GateServer,it's not coming neither from GateServer neither from a hole inside port,read more about ddos,it's unstoppable.

16 minutes ago, Yosef said:

@Sk3let0n

I mean "Connection failed" what is that about and how do I fix it, is not the website, then is something else but what?

Hello, 

For this problem , you need to create a new dll to limit the amount of connections for the same IP / MAC can have in your server.

For exemple: The same IP ( which are atking ) is now sending a high amount of connections ( login in game ) like 5k ( 5000 ) . So when you try to enter in your server it show '' CONNECTION FAILED '' because the server have up to 5k more connections at same time .

So create a dll to limit the amount of connections to 20 - 30 and when someone try to send more than 20 - 30 connections it will block the IP and you will have no problem.

If you have any question message me inbox. 

Edited by Heitor
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Heitor said:

Hello, 

For this problem , you need to create a new dll to limit the amount of connections for the same IP / MAC can have in your server.

For exemple: The same IP ( which are atking ) is now sending a high amount of connections ( login in game ) like 5k ( 5000 ) . So when you try to enter in your server it show '' CONNECTION FAILED '' because the server have up to 5k more connections at same time .

So create a dll to limit the amount of connections to 20 - 30 and when someone try to send more than 20 - 30 connections it will block the IP and you will have no problem.

If you have any question message me inbox. 

Nice idea =P b/c people who ddosing and so, will often send big packets =D

• Like 1

This seems to be the current solution, but now I have two questions:

Does anyone already have that .DLL to share?

OR

Can you provide a guide so I can make it myself?

Thank you all for your responses, this helps a lot

@Heitor I already PM you.

signature.jpg

@Sk3let0n you are not helping at all my friend.

I wonder, am I the only one having this problem? I can’t find another way to security.
I have been looking around into DLL development but that’s a whole new world for me, so I guess I must pay someone for help, anyone interested or anything that could point me in the right direction I will appreciate it.

loginerror.png

ddos2.jpg

Regards!
Yosef

Edited by Yosef

signature.jpg

8 hours ago, Yosef said:

@Sk3let0n you are not helping at all my friend.

I wonder, am I the only one having this problem? I can’t find another way to security.
I have been looking around into DLL development but that’s a whole new world for me, so I guess I must pay someone for help, anyone interested or anything that could point me in the right direction I will appreciate it.

loginerror.png

ddos2.jpg

Regards!
Yosef

You're not the only one,several servers are attacked,I told you it's a ddos attack  and there's no way to stop it.