Sign in to follow this  
ItzLoganDuh

A noob and his struggles

Hello my name is Logan and I have been playing ToP for years and so I finally decided to hop on the server dev side of the game.  I had a server running at one point on my laptop but I seemed to have uninstalled my sql stuff so I recently installed sql 2012 and am using the clean sql12 database files from the megaupload archive.  I am getting the error "Main database handler create failed, AccountServer hang!" and I am a total noob with most of these programs.  I tried searching the error and there where only two other posts talking about it, and one was in Russian which I do not speak sadly.  If anyone wouldnt mind giving me a point in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it!

@ItzLoganDuh i got this error when i use sql 2012++ in local host, i just disable my internet connection then i launch accountserver.exe with no errors

try it if  u re using local host

Kind regards, AG.

Hello @ItzLoganDuh,try to run your executable as Administrator/Check if SQL Service is running & please tell us what is the instance name you use/provide your configuration.

14 hours ago, ItzLoganDuh said:

Hello my name is Logan and I have been playing ToP for years and so I finally decided to hop on the server dev side of the game.  I had a server running at one point on my laptop but I seemed to have uninstalled my sql stuff so I recently installed sql 2012 and am using the clean sql12 database files from the megaupload archive.  I am getting the error "Main database handler create failed, AccountServer hang!" and I am a total noob with most of these programs.  I tried searching the error and there where only two other posts talking about it, and one was in Russian which I do not speak sadly.  If anyone wouldnt mind giving me a point in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it!

First diagnose this locally, change all IPs to 127.0.0.1.

Make sure the logins and passwords(encrypted) are correct in the cfgs files.

And most importantly make sure you give the login in mapping a db_owner attribute, or else it cannot modify the database and it leads the that error you've got.

Oh and one last stupid mistake is not running SQL or AccountServer in admin mode, this goes for everything else such as gameserver and you get the idea anyway.

So make sure the configuration is correct, make sure your logins have db_owner in the mapping, and make sure you run everything as an administrator.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sk3let0n said:

Hello @ItzLoganDuh,try to run your executable as Administrator/Check if SQL Service is running & please tell us what is the instance name you use/provide your configuration.

Cfg

//AccountServer Configuration

[net]
listen_port = 1656
listen_ip =  25.96.167.106            //(YOUR IP HERE) 监听IP地址,用于接受GroupServer的连入

[db]
dbserver = 127.0.0.1            // IP Address Of Server Database
db = AccountServer            // Database Name
userid =      pko_game            // SQL Security Login
passwd =     FBS+u/JjHzoC3edhg2rmvA==            // Password =

[bill]
enable_bill = 0
enable_passport= 0               // 是否启用billing系统的passport
enable_kickuser = 0

//bill_server1 = 127.0.0.1:7243    //
//bill_server2 = 127.0.0.1:7243    //

[tom]
enable_tom = 0                //

[gs]
GroupServerAndor = GroupServerAndor     // 注册的GroupServer账号(格式为:“账号名” = “密码”)
GroupServerAndor1 = GroupServerAndor1     // 注册的GroupServer账号(格式为:“账号名” = “密码”)
GroupServerAndor2 = GroupServerAndor2     // 注册的GroupServer账号(格式为:“账号名” = “密码”)
GroupServerAndor5 = GroupServerAndor5     // 注册的GroupServer账号(格式为:“账号名” = “密码”)
GroupServerAndor6 = GroupServerAndor6     // 注册的GroupServer账号(格式为:“账号名” = “密码”)
enable_ping = 1                     // 与GroupServer是否启用 "Keep Alive"

The database server name is SLMOYER\SQLEXPRESS

I made the userid in cfg the user to log into the sql and gave it owner permissions. I tried running as admin and it still reads out the same error.  I will go try to google translate some of this stuff too then if it translates fine. 

12 hours ago, J0k3r said:

@ItzLoganDuh i got this error when i use sql 2012++ in local host, i just disable my internet connection then i launch accountserver.exe with no errors

try it if  u re using local host

I tried this and it didnt work.  I am trying to make it a hamachi server for dev purposes.  I really appreciate any and all assistance given.

11 minutes ago, Sk3let0n said:

What is the instance name used? .\SQLEXPRESS or some named instance?

I'm fairly certain it's .\SQLEXPRESS.  Or does that make it the \gotto_000 as the server?

SQL.png

Edited by ItzLoganDuh

2 minutes ago, Sk3let0n said:

Change dbserver = 127.0.0.1  to dbserver = .\SQLEXPRESS

Now it is just instantly popping up the same message.  Main database handler create failed, AccountServer hang!
Press any key to continue . . .

Just now, ItzLoganDuh said:

Now it is just instantly popping up the same message.  Main database handler create failed, AccountServer hang!
Press any key to continue . . .

Do you have TeamViewer?

Just now, ItzLoganDuh said:

Yes. what do you need me to do?

Please send me on a PM right now your ID and password and I shall help you fix your problem.