Simon

New TOP/PKO Gaming Experience From China

Original thread by @V3ct0r,translation by @Sk3let0n

New TOP/PKO Gaming experience from china

Hello!:smile:

In this topic,I want to show you some new game features created by our colleagues from China,we have been told by @Heitor in our chat  Discord  (server TOP / of PKO / KOP , channel #-general of english ).The user @Sk3let0n has given us a link to their 1st Chinese server where the new features has been implemented as well as @Satan that has given us their second server link,which their features will be discussed:

http://www.syhai.com/

http://www.dfgood.com/

Some new features that we know a little of.There's also a question about the Chinese server:The server is an Official or not?

Wondered whether they are the original game developers or it is an unique development of this server?Does the server administration work with the developers of this game?Is there still a server with these features?

So:

1. Pets, where you can ride a horse - "mounts" (ride-system):

imageproxy.jpg

2. New inventory. Now fairy wings driving pets dress in separate slots (inventory interface with new items equipeable [ pet, wings ....]):

imageproxy (1).jpg

imageproxy (1).png

3. Talent System (talent interface system):

imageproxy (2).jpg

4. New equipment forging system (special forge system interface):

imageproxy (3).jpg

5. The game client is integrated in bot (auto atk boot system interface in game ):

imageproxy (4).jpg

That's all for now.Write in the replies your opinions about these new features!

Edited by Sk3let0n
  • Like 3

You know me, as long as top improves as a game, i love it. Especially the talent system, i would love to see this game expand into things like talents etc.

• Like 2

samurai-jack-drinking-e1447236593610 - Copy.jpg

Hello , @xEvo7 

No, it can't be copied .. If you want to use it , you must have to develop each system ( really hard ).  They have " no time " or " no ideas " to share it for now ... 

• Like 1

Looks really promising would love to see a 3.0 version of top even though it's mostly the same old source but with new updates 

An English server would be nice tho since most of us don't speak Chinese: )

@Jap can you explain?  Where did you get the info please elaborate :)

1 hour ago, TheLegend said:

Looks really promising would love to see a 3.0 version of top even though it's mostly the same old source but with new updates 

An English server would be nice tho since most of us don't speak Chinese: )

@Jap can you explain?  Where did you get the info please elaborate :)

PKO Discord server,I've tried out the demo of that thing Jap showed you

23 hours ago, xEvo7 said:

The question here is can it be copy using their chinese lang and game?

For now I don't think there's a solution for this nor a possibility.

3 hours ago, Jap said:

This is what i think Zankza is working on.

bandicam 2017-06-01 01-45-56-667.jpg

bandicam 2017-06-01 01-46-21-920.jpg

It's demo was dope,you should try it.

oh

my

god

Imagine the pk. But wait for people to tweak the shit out of this kind of version, tweak the buildings, trees,npc, etc so there will be only ground etc lol.

• Like 1

samurai-jack-drinking-e1447236593610 - Copy.jpg

in terms of implementing the chinese things into regular client with source code:

1. basically the models and animations can be taken as is from the chinese client files. The only issues that need source client coding are the equip slot, the actual showing of both models and a use of another characteraction pose sequence. Probably it doesn't include weapons or fighting while mounted, so it shouldn't be too hard to implement. Also need characteraction file changes and skin changes.

2. source code change is needed to add more equip slot. Also needs skin changes.

3. Talents can be implemented by just creating static skills requiring other static skills. The problem right now is increasing skill limit, which is hardcoded into client in more than 1 way. Having an interface for it is just for appearance and unnecessary, although another skill tab just for talents would be great to fight skill window clutter (and wouldn't restrict customization like that interface does).

4. For me top crafting windows are a disaster and should simply be scrapped. Basically copying Minecraft's would be best. To get close to it with least effort, do like a couple of servers do currently and create a new item to insta fuse and another to insta manu and etc. The closest would be to add more inventory slots and just those slots for crafting. In this case, only 1 item would be used - rather, should be a player skill. More than that, and there will need to be client source changes.

5. why make game do everything for you? Might as well just make your character a regular mob except with superior ai. Or make a pet ai auto attack nearby mobs (which someone implemented already somewhere).

EDIT: shit, can't access the files or website anymore... ;/

Edited by deguix

5 hours ago, deguix said:

4. For me top crafting windows are a disaster and should simply be scrapped. Basically copying Minecraft's would be best. To get close to it with least effort, do like a couple of servers do currently and create a new item to insta fuse and another to insta manu and etc. The closest would be to add more inventory slots and just those slots for crafting. In this case, only 1 item would be used - rather, should be a player skill. More than that, and there will need to be client source changes.

• Like 2

@d3ux, @ShadowJr

You can find a list of chinese private servers here. Some of those require a chinese cellphone number to download the game. 
If any of you manage to download it, please share with us! 

Edited by Mdrst
  • Thanks 1

"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it."

- Donald E. Knuth