Yosef

Running a Server on a Low-End Machine

What are your suggestions and tips for running a server on a low-end machine?

I know the typical options like reducing the number of open maps or playing with the values on the GameServer.cfg file, beyond that all, I want to know if there are other tips.

I have tried deleting mobs on some maps, but not all seem to be removable, such as this lamb here:

lel.jpg

God! How I hate that lamb!

Anyway, guys, tell me your recommendations to run a fully functional server on a machine with little RAM.

signature.jpg

how much RAM do you have?

logo-big.png   logo.png

Sunny Go! Online                                                                    pko.host                                                 

Pretty bad idea to run a server with a low end machine. MY TIPS: Use 1 gameserver, with smaller versions of each map: Example - Mini version of the main cities.

Thats all i can think of.

22 часа назад, Yosef сказал:

I have tried deleting mobs on some maps, but not all seem to be removable, such as this lamb here:

Check file garnermonster_conf.lua in folder '\resource\garner' and files baiyinlinqu.lua, lietinglinqu.lua, baiyinyuchang.lua, jianazuixiayuchang.lua, haifengyuchang.lua, jianayunshi.lua, bycduizhang.lua, bycdaoguai.lua in folder '\resource\script\monster'

21 час назад, Yosef сказал:

Let's say 4GB RAM

I think it's enough for small server about 50 players, need tests

19 hours ago, joebin99 said:

Pretty bad idea to run a server with a low end machine. MY TIPS: Use 1 gameserver, with smaller versions of each map: Example - Mini version of the main cities.

Thats all i can think of.

TOP/PKO server development has been around for about 7 years or more, I remember back then having created my first server on a PC with 4GB of RAM (maybe less, I cannot remember well), from that point of view, no, it is not such a bad idea, it's just a matter of making the right adjustments.

Many things are obvious like the fact that current versions we use require more RAM because the amount of elements and maps they bring and since I've been disconnected from TOP/PKO development world for a long time, I wonder if we can make adjustments so it consumes fewer resources.

8 minutes ago, V3ct0r said:

Check file garnermonster_conf.lua in folder '\resource\garner' and files baiyinlinqu.lua, lietinglinqu.lua, baiyinyuchang.lua, jianazuixiayuchang.lua, haifengyuchang.lua, jianayunshi.lua, bycduizhang.lua, bycdaoguai.lua in folder '\resource\script\monster'

Hey v3ctor!.. Well even if I delete, empty or erase these files or content inside them, like I said “not all seen to be removable”, try to delete that lamb without using &kill command for example.

Regards guys! :)

signature.jpg

resource -> garner -> garnerChaSpn.txt

You can use an copy of CA as argent starting city or another instead of Ascaron, magicsea and darkblue, a city all in.