Sign in to follow this  
joebin99

Weapon glows

hello everyone, im going to ask a question about weapon glows because i tried to figure something out but it fucked with my brain too much.

Basically in tales of pirates 2 client they had the swordfish blade & leviathan bow, that had a particular glow.

I added those models in my top1 client and weirdly the glow doesnt appear the same as it did in top2 client. 

How doesnt it appear the same?

Basically when i add itemrefineinfo basic glow to it, it glows but only glows inside the item model,

how can i make the glow take the shape of the weapon instead of just glowing inside of it?

How can i make that item take the shape of the weapon apparel?

This is how It looks

swordfish blade.png

I want it to glow like this:

glow.png

Edited by joebin99

On 4/21/2017 at 7:01 PM, DangThao said:

Try this:

5777	Swordfish Blade	3	9	0	12	26	0	25	0	24	0	0	27	0	0	0.6	1	1	0.7
5779	Leviathan Bow	36	38	0	37	39	0	41	0	40	0	0	42	0	0	0.6	1	1	0.7

Ok so,  it still doesnt take the shape of glow :/

Glows are like God. Nobody knows how it works.

Glows are supposedly taking on the model 'looks' of the sword. So, depending on the actual model's "existing shape?" (sorry if that's confusing), it will only glow as the model looks.

I don't know if there is a trick around this, perhaps increasing the glow or changing the type of the glow? 

I've experienced this as well, newly added swords that might not have properly configured models, a small normal glow might be huge or even, tiny as the model isn't being read correctly.

Keep on trying, try bow glows, gun, staves, swords, daggers, something will work. 

I also suggest, if you want more of a "one-colour glow", check inside your itemrefineffect (decompile it) and choose a number that you like, change the number on the entire line (except the last 4 as they control the size) and you'll see an even glow on the entire sword, no matter the class or gems.

I did so many tests, and i still cant figure out why it wont take the shape, if its the same model as the top2 one, i used the exact itemrefine line as top2 has and still doesnt glow right. so confusing xd..