DarkPridex

Problems with the Development

First thing first hi everyone!!

I'm new in the forum and new on top development...

Here some things i want to understand....

Problems

1. Don't know how to create a Patch...

As you read up there, i dont know how to make a successful patch to patch my Client, i tried to copy all the txt files in the resource folder on the server files folder and paste then on the Script\table path of the client, and then use a compiler to create the especific .bin file... also put a ip changer and use a .bat file to start the client, sadly that doesn't work...

2. Don't understand what means server files 1.36,1.38,2.0, etc etc..

Well this is the thing... when a download a server file sometimes says 1.36 or 1.38 i don't really know what to do there ,so I just ignore those numbers and install the client i have since 2012 specifically this one: top_setup_2.00_20100824.exe

2012-OLD!.png

so i have like 7 or 8 server files that says PKO .. that means that in those server files i need to use a PKO Client??? if you can put a link of all the clients all this 

3. Tools

2 days a go I get a mega link that have a lot of things in there.. basically everything you need to create a server... as you understand there is a lot of tools and none of then have a description to use or when to use or something to guide newbies.... here some of the tools

1 - Thor_Patcher.exe

2 - ZmsViewer

3 - Yammi or Yammi_Reborn

4 - TopMapReader and TopMapManager

5 - Top PKo Death and Jailbreak

6 - GM Command1.2.exe

so yes... i know what the number 6 is.. but when i open the file it says put the path of your gameserver.exe.. i put that and error... of course i had to do something wrong i will put some photos of the things im talking about here....

GM.png

As you can see i put the path... of course in this case the path don't exist... its just an example... but doesn't matter the way a tried i get the same error :v 

here all the server files i can download:

ServerF1.pngServerF2.pngServerF3.png

the majority or olmost 90% of those don't have patches so that mean i have to create one and thats one of my problems!!

Here all the tools the mega link have:

Tools1.pngTools2.png

Here is the Link: https://mega.nz/#F!vMJ1GKSQ!jI44PQJ_ysDK-0RAF7Fa-w  

Thanks of all and good luck... :V 

My first suggestion, read the guides section of pkodev, also check for serverdevs archives.

About the patchs, that's up to the changes you've made in your server. If you made ingame changes, making a patch with the bins will be enough. If you added new stuff like mobs, appareals and so on, you'll need to add texture and models also. 

1.36, 1.38 and 2.4 are ToP versions. If you're running a 1.36 (ToP1) server, your client should also be 1.36. If you don't know how to find what version your server files are, just check inside the cfgs you'll find a line like "VERSION = 136" or something like that.

I have no clue about most of the Tools you've said, I can only tell you YAMMI is a tool to make ToP maps from scratch, quite useful.

With that being said, here goes a personal suggestion.

DO NOT DOWNLOAD EVERY FILE YOU FIND. Just stick with only 1 server files you know deeply (like Base 1.36 files) and start playing with it: first make a npc, then a mob, then an item, then add an appareal, then add a new map, add new functions, and so on. You won't learn that much if you just copy+paste features you find in another files. 

And if you're just starting with a programming language keep reading https://www.lua.org/ . 

• Like 2

Give us more information about that.

You can't target mobs?

You don't see the player attacking mobs (missing animation)?

Do u see the damage when you attack mobs?

maybe a screen of the problem would help.

Hello @DarkPridex!

В 19.04.2017 в 10:57, DarkPridex сказал:

so yes... i know what the number 6 is.. but when i open the file it says put the path of your gameserver.exe.. i put that and error... of course i had to do something wrong i will put some photos of the things im talking about here....

As you can see i put the path... of course in this case the path don't exist... its just an example... but doesn't matter the way a tried i get the same error :v 

Is this GameServer.exe running? It should be closed before you open it in the program.

Цитата

3 - Yammi or Yammi_Reborn

This is map editor tool:

Цитата

4 - TopMapReader and TopMapManager

This is .map file viewer tool

Цитата

1. Don't know how to create a Patch...

As you read up there, i dont know how to make a successful patch to patch my Client, i tried to copy all the txt files in the resource folder on the server files folder and paste then on the Script\table path of the client, and then use a compiler to create the especific .bin file... also put a ip changer and use a .bat file to start the client, sadly that doesn't work...

Put .txt from server files to your client (folder scripts\table) then compile them (game.exe startgame table_bin) and put generated .bin to the patch. Also do not forget put new textures/models/other files which you've modified or added.

Also you can change IP address using this tool:

18 часов назад, DarkPridex сказал:

Another Question i have is.. what should i do when you can't attack any Mob... basically all the mobs are inmortal for some reason :V 

Any errors in GameServer.exe window during loading?

• Like 1

Whenever i do a localhost, my gameserver shows error like that but it doesnt bugged anything in-game. Check ur lua_err for more info. If not then check ur function.lua

1 hour ago, DarkPridex said:

Here is the video of the error in game !

I remember that lag used to cause that non attacking bug, but it's wierd if it happens with local host.

When you talk with npcs, the talk box opens at the first click?

@DarkPridex

The error in the your screenshot is not related to the fact that the character does not attack monsters. Check lua_err.txt as @DangThao advised.

What server files do you use? You can use clean PKO 1.38 files, they are 100% working:

В 22.04.2017 в 20:22, DarkPridex сказал:

@V3ct0r What client Should i use for the PKO 1.38 files?? 

Any 1.3x client.

9 минут назад, DarkPridex сказал:

@V3ct0r @iZae A New Error Appear trying to add a new item on the PKO Files  :v 

Screenshot_1.pngerror.png

Wrong item line structure in ItemInfo.txt. Compire item with ID 5693 with other item lines which are correct.

20 часов назад, DarkPridex сказал:

@V3ct0r so with id should i use to create an item??

With any free ID.

15 minutes ago, DarkPridex said:

so... what number is a free ID? or how i know that number is a free one :v 

A number that no other item uses. Generally, anything higher than the number of the last item in your iteminfo.

@Leba Interestingly that error that you see right there was the Last Item in my Iteminfo.txt

The las ID is 5692 and here is a Screenshot :

error.png

so i put 5693 as my new item and boom This Error Popout :V

Screenshot_1.png

Im using the PKO 1.38 + Tools Server Files with a 1.3X Client btw :v 

Don't really know how to fix that :v