Angelix

Angelix's Market

Hello community of pkoDev! I have come today today in order sell services and files. Lets get straight to the point.

Scripting Services

I offer a very limited variety of scripting services, let me make it clear, "service". I will not join a team to open a server. Here is a small list of things I can do, please do take note it's only Lua.

• Modify existing functions/system in order to make it easier for your use; that includes being able to add, modify and remove things easier than adding a new function per thing as it's currently on many functions by default.
  • Create scripts for maps, can be simple or complex, depends on how hard it's for me to actually create it. It can be instanced or not.
  • Create custom quests for killing monsters and players within certain maps and being certain class.
    • In case you don't know how to use my guide.
  • Create custom scripts.
  • Fix general errors or make small things for you.

Price may vary depending on what you want.

Server Files

I'm selling custom server files, they're based on v138.

Notes:

• They're based off of PKO 1.38.
  • They make use of V3ctor's Mod System.
    • Extra: They contain Contract System, however, the script was completed re-written and is now more customizable and allows the contracts to be random drops for general maps or specific maps and allow for rewards from general monsters, map specific monsters or bosses.
  • They contain:
    • Server Files.
    • Client Files.
    • Databases (+ SQL Queries).
    • Executables (+ IGS).
  • Also includes Anomaly Tower.

Price (negotiable):

• One-Time Sale.
  • Support.
    • Will provide updates for any custom lua script only.
      • Updates will be via GitHub so things can be transparent and you can see what the changes were.
    • No support provided for exes (server or client).

Contact Information:

• Discord: Angelix#2836
  • pkoDev: Private Message
    • Mostly like to answer through Discord and more frequently.
Edited by Angelix
  • Like 9

Name of Map: Agora
Description: A simulated 5v5 MOBA gameplay with base stats, level gaining, item stores to gain more stats, custom kill feeds, jungle monsters, towers and bases to defeat.

Features:

• Map is instanced based, so various matches can be on-going at the same time.
  • All players start with new base stats which are configurable on a separate file.
  • Players can gain in-map experience to level and therefor gain more stats.
  • Players can earn gold to buy items from the in-map store to further improve their stats.
  • Experience and gold are gained through killing monsters, players and towers while gold can also be earn in a passive way in low amounts.
  • Mystic shrubs can be spawned throughout the map in other to simulate buffs such as invisibility and stat bonuses.
  • Custom kill feed messages such as double, triple, quadra and penta kills on quick succession.
  • Players are limited to X amount of entries per day.
  • Players regain HP/SP faster when near their in-map base store.
  • Rewards are based on winning or losing and items can be assigned weights to increase/reduce the change of getting it.
  • Queue is doable via solo or teams, no in-between.

Notes:

• Everything is configurable via a single file, except for class balance.
  • Monsters, towers and bases stats must be edited to your liking within CharacterInfo.txt.
  • There are no monsters within the left, middle or right lanes since ToP AI pathing makes it hard to use. They will not move if no player is around and will revert back to their original coordinates if they're left alone.
  • This map also works for those using server files based on Corsairs Online, the only issue is when players use the guild circle color change, it will overwrite the current player's circle obtained from the SetChaSide function, although it should respect the player's side.

Showcase of Stat Config, Example #1

Spoiler

image.png.f40ed92cf03aa3af6229893f844ebfc5.png

Showcase of Stat Config, Example #2

Spoiler

image.png.587d19897278b93293489c1f994263ce.png

Showcase of Stat Config, Example #3 (Level Up)

Spoiler

image.png.878a850f5ad0754890a44004e955afa8.png

Showcase of In-Map Item #1

Spoiler

image.png.aea38197249ce44cd31973437e3418ac.png

Showcase of In-Map Item, #2

Spoiler

image.png.949a2216b30141c1fdc4bea0aba7a890.png

Showcase of In-Map Item, #3

Spoiler

image.png.8c6157a5c166a7317a59863bf2ab0953.png

Showcase of In-Map Store.

Spoiler

image.png.5a0da546c113439c2e0e4bcf9fa60713.png

Showcase of EXP/Gold Gain.

Spoiler

image.png.c7608c36c42023152c0c7e875a367934.png

Showcase of Level Up.

Spoiler

image.png.6b4a452c666744fea2c7ff4b5b77724b.png

Reward Handler Config

Spoiler

image.png.018d94922acf187ec827fe2a14b8dc9f.png

Showcase of Rapid Kill Streaks.

Spoiler

image.png.8bab14a4b0bf5c54c0d5f4c8150dfdf8.png

Name of Event: Automated Question and Answer Event

Description: An automated that is trigger by system at set times and can be adjusted by variables. Questions can be added (along with answer and possible options) through variables. Players must type the correct answer on local chat and if they are the first to get it right, they'll win a prize. Everything is modified via variables.

Notes:

• This script needs the functions HandleChat and GMNotice usable as lua functions.
  • An option to display available options for answer can be turned on/off.
  • An option to allow players to win certain amount of rounds per event can be turned on/off.
  • You can add weight onto item rewards to give them more or less often.

Screenshots:

Event Start.

unknown.png

Question sent, with options displayed enabled.

unknown.png

Question sent, with options displayed disabled.

unknown.png

Player won a round.

unknown.png

Event ended.

unknown.png

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Angelix said:

Name of Event: Automated Question and Answer Event

Description: An automated that is trigger by system at set times and can be adjusted by variables. Questions can be added (along with answer and possible options) through variables. Players must type the correct answer on local chat and if they are the first to get it right, they'll win a prize. Everything is modified via variables.

Notes:

• This script needs the functions HandleChat and GMNotice usable as lua functions.
  • An option to display available options for answer can be turned on/off.
  • An option to allow players to win certain amount of rounds per event can be turned on/off.
  • You can add weight onto item rewards to give them more or less often.

Screenshots:

Event Start.

unknown.png

Question sent, with options displayed enabled.

unknown.png

Question sent, with options displayed disabled.

unknown.png

Player won a round.

unknown.png

Event ended.

unknown.png

that is very cool and I remember playing on a server that had such a feature. one thing you can work on is instead of checking for the exact same word, you could perhaps get a similarity score against the search pattern for instance using levenshtein distance. Shouldn't be too hard and yet would be more fair and interesting ;)

Edited by patrick13

On 8/5/2020 at 1:42 AM, patrick13 said:

that is very cool and I remember playing on a server that had such a feature. one thing you can work on is instead of checking for the exact same word, you could perhaps get a similarity score against the search pattern for instance using levenshtein distance. Shouldn't be too hard and yet would be more fair and interesting ;)

You're referring to this? If so, never heard of that before and will have a look at it.

An example of it would be this?

• So instead of ending the round as soon as a player sends the exact message, could probably keep a record of the messages sent (probably at least the closest match) and then give out the reward before the new rounds begins?

Also, could implement it better on another event I have "scrambled word", which gets a random string for a list, mixes it up and displays it for players to guess the original string.

Edited by Angelix

it's a very simple algorithm that calculates a number of replace, insert and delete operations needed to transform string1 into string2 giving you an approximate distance. For instance, I used it in my website database (when user searches for a monster, I would split the user input and compare it to strings from characterinfo to check how similar they are and then output the results accordingly). You could do something like that to give out the rewards fairly, too. Cause for instance if one types fairy coi instead of fairy coin, they wouldn't get the reward even though it's the correct answer just with a typo.

Obviously there are better, more complex and way more accurate algorithms out there. I'm just throwing some ideas ;)

• Like 1

That's good for search-related and approximation testing but I think not so much in this case.

This system imo, is unfair to begin with. Players with better connection will obviously see the question first.

Players with some programming can automate this. E.G hook the packet function of GMNotice, parse the question and send the answer via manual/ai mapping of questions to answer - or all 4 answers.

kong.png

a2.png

On 8/11/2020 at 5:30 PM, MonkeyCode said:

That's good for search-related and approximation testing but I think not so much in this case.

This system imo, is unfair to begin with. Players with better connection will obviously see the question first.

Players with some programming can automate this. E.G hook the packet function of GMNotice, parse the question and send the answer via manual/ai mapping of questions to answer - or all 4 answers.

Realistically, how likely is it for a casual player to hook gmnotice packets, let alone use AI to win an event in tales of pirates. besides, you can check the time taken to answer the question to validate it if that's the case.

• Like 1

Yep, I agree its not realistic for the casual player. In software development, and anyone in it, would know that we create things that are robust and exploit free (or at least we know to the best of our knowledge that it cannot be exploit). Its just not acceptable... Unless you want to be fired by your boss and say, "oh we know that but we didnt think anyone would abuse it". 

It sort of scares me how we (as a community) lack the basic understanding of secure programming and push out things that are potentially exploitable - because we choose to do so and think its OK.

Edited by MonkeyCode

kong.png

a2.png

9 hours ago, MonkeyCode said:

Yep, I agree its not realistic for the casual player. In software development, and anyone in it, would know that we create things that are robust and exploit free (or at least we know to the best of our knowledge that it cannot be exploit). Its just not acceptable... Unless you want to be fired by your boss and say, "oh we know that but we didnt think anyone would abuse it". 

It sort of scares me how we (as a community) lack the basic understanding of secure programming and push out things that are potentially exploitable - because we choose to do so and think its OK.

I reckon you think too much into it. Developing an authentication system for a bank in a big company is one thing and scripting a lua addon for a dead game is another. Obviously it’s goos practise to write a clear and concise code taking into account security issues though but I am afraid this is not the case this time.

Possibly. But why use the "dead game" as an excuse for poorly thought out systems... 

That shows zero accountability.

Of course, its just my opinion... Don't get offended. The mindset displayed here reminds me of the "only 1 MAC can enter map". The casual player won't be able to bypass it but doesn't mean I can't do it, or others.

Anyway, I was talking about the mindset of developers and the consequences it bring. Not how it relates to a bank. If you think the QNA is good. That's OK. 

There is existing system that does better job in things like this. You can look into the native captcha  system.

kong.png

a2.png

Name of Map: Jungle

Description: A "Capture the Flag" mode where 2 teams battle it out to reach the limit score or be the team with the highest score when time runs out. Players will get points when getting the flag and traverse the map to place it in enemy territory. While doing so, they can get points via killing enemy players.

Features:

• Everything is customizable via variables.
  • It's a non-instance, portal based map.
  • Equalized class balance can be turned on/off.
  • Comeback mechanic to help the losing team if they're falling too far behind.
  • Extended match mechanics if teams are tied when time ends.
  • Customized messages and also kill feed texts.

Notes:

• Map scripts are available for v136/v138 servers and also for those based on Corsairs Online.

Main post updated!

Server Files:

I'm selling custom server files, they're based on v138.

Notes:

• They're based off of PKO 1.38.
  • They make use of V3ctor's Mod System.
    • Extra: They contain Contract System, however, the script was completed re-written and is now more customizable and allows the contracts to be random drops for general maps or specific maps and allow for rewards from general monsters, map specific monsters or bosses.
  • They contain:
    • Server Files.
    • Client Files.
    • Databases (+ SQL Queries).
    • Executables (+ IGS).
  • Also includes Anomaly Tower.

Price (negotiable):

• One-Time Sale.
  • Support.
    • Will provide updates for any custom lua script only.
    • Updates will be via GitHub so things can be transparent and you can see what the changes were.
    • No support provided for exes (server or client).

Contact Information:

• Discord: Angelix#2836
  • pkoDev: Private Message
    • Mostly like to answer through Discord and more frequently.