Perseus

[1.0.0] topCMS

@Perseus it looks great! :)

Edited by Shako

logo-big.png   logo.png

Sunny Go! Online                                                                    pko.host                                                 

Woop At last @Perseus looks very neat with a lot of comments  thanks a lot  

@Totoka which one is better to learn first for a beginner (Larval of codeigniter) looking at the popularity of the framework for the next few years

Edited by TheLegend

48 minutes ago, TheLegend said:

@Totoka which one is better to learn first for a beginner (Larval of codeigniter) looking at the popularity of the framework for the next few years

Isn't about which one is better, is about what you want to do with it, and what you expect from. I would suggest you to read carefully both documents.

For example, using a whole framework on small projects, could be bad, time/progress by structuring, but if your are pointing to do something great (due scalability, maintenance and balh) it is very nice.

Note: Laravel for small project can be abstracted, by using just a few modules instead, like Eloquent(Capsule) it is a very nice one, + some other stuff like Twig which is very powerful.

• Like 1

Discord: andresc

15 minutes ago, Totoka said:

Isn't about which one is better, is about what you want to do with it, and what you expect from. I would suggest you to read carefully both documents.

For example, using a whole framework on small projects, could be bad, time/progress by structuring, but if your are pointing to do something great (due scalability, maintenance and balh) it is very nice.

Note: Laravel for small project can be abstracted, by using just a few modules instead, like Eloquent(Capsule) it is a very nice one, + some other stuff like Twig which is very powerful.

thanks for the info, will probably be using Larval with Twig or Smarty 

I'm completely clueless when it comes down to all this website stuff, but can I just download the latest XAMPP, install, make the necessary edits you said and add your website? I really liked the simple and good looking design!

1 hour ago, Angelix said:

I'm completely clueless when it comes down to all this website stuff, but can I just download the latest XAMPP, install, make the necessary edits you said and add your website? I really liked the simple and good looking design!

Yeah! If you run into issues, you can let me know. I'm happy to help!

Edit:

I've updated the topic with some features that I'll be adding as time goes by. I intend to make this website the source for all website related needs that the community has. If you've got any feature you'd like me to add, you can put a request up on github or you can post here. 

Edited by Perseus

11 hours ago, Perseus said:

I'll update it to include more things such as:

• Ranking
  • Item Mall
  • Credit Mall
  • IMP Auction
  • Credit Auction
  • Wheel of Fortune
  • Admin panel 
  • Logging system ( log all actions performed by admins )

The ranking thing is already applied? Can you also include these:

• View member count of guild.
  • Change/Reset guild password.
  • Change/Reset security code.

I'm barely going to install the latest xampp (7.0.9 / PHP 7.0.9), then go looking for the rest of the instructions. :P 
Had a hard time installing and apache not running because of UAC, had to carefully rad not to install on program files folder, haha. Really awesome work and design once again.

12 hours ago, Perseus said:

Open your command prompt, direct yourself to the website directory and type in 

php artisan key:generate

This'll generate a key specific to your website. 

I'm having a bit of trouble with this, I just changed the folder "topsite" to "Website", went there by command and it says "php" is not a valid command.

38 minutes ago, Angelix said:

I'm having a bit of trouble with this, I just changed the folder "topsite" to "Website", went there by command and it says "php" is not a valid command.

try to add the php.exe into your %PATH%, or execute it directly like:

C:\path\to\php.exe [args ...]

Discord: andresc

42 minutes ago, Totoka said:

try to add the php.exe into your %PATH%, or execute it directly like:

C:\path\to\php.exe [args ...]

I already got it to generate a key, but it shows errors.

Capture.PNG

And I did defined them correctly (I think), and when trying to see the home page or login, I get an error pages with many things. :(

EDIT: Ok, I was using the x64 DLL (went by my computer, duh), but it seems PHP is x32 (went surfing on Google for this error) and I had to use the ones from x86 instead of the x64. That fixed the issue on screenshot above, now I'm running into this:Capture.PNG

Edited by Angelix

1 hour ago, Angelix said:

I already got it to generate a key, but it shows errors.

Capture.PNG

And I did defined them correctly (I think), and when trying to see the home page or login, I get an error pages with many things. :(

EDIT: Ok, I was using the x64 DLL (went by my computer, duh), but it seems PHP is x32 (went surfing on Google for this error) and I had to use the ones from x86 instead of the x64. That fixed the issue on screenshot above, now I'm running into this:Capture.PNG

Ah crap I forgot to include one of the commands. 

Go to the database folder and just create an empty "SiteInfo.sqlite" file.

Run 

php artisan migrate --database=SiteInfo

and see if that fixes it.

Edited by Perseus

6 minutes ago, Perseus said:

Ah crap I forgot to include one of the commands. 

Run 

php artisan migrate

and see if that fixes it.

Tried running that, error result.

Capture.PNG

Sorry for many errors hahah, I'm completely clueless to this.

Just now, Angelix said:

Tried running that, error result.

Capture.PNG

Sorry for many errors hahah, I'm completely clueless to this.

Hey! No prob. My bad, run

1 minute ago, Perseus said:

Hey! No prob. My bad, run

Now I get somewhat the same error text from site.

Capture.PNG

4 minutes ago, Perseus said:

Did you create a SiteInfo.sqlite file in the database folder?

I think I missed that on the guide, did it and got it to show the home page, now something went wrong with the ranking page, login user and registering user pages.

Capture.PNG

And:

Capture.PNG

1 minute ago, Perseus said:

The first error, can you tell me which page you're on? What's the URL?

I'll push an update to github to fix the second one, give me 2 minutes.

On 127.0.0.1/ranking

Capture.PNG

1 minute ago, Angelix said:

On 127.0.0.1/ranking

Capture.PNG

I haven't pushed ranking to the site yet! It's not functional as of now. I've listed the functions that do work.

Edited by Perseus

Pushed an update to the repo, the issue should be fixed now. If you're not using git, just download the config/database.php file and replace it in your folder.

2 minutes ago, Perseus said:

I haven't pushed ranking to the site yet! It's not functional as of now. I've listed the functions that do work.

Hahah, sorry about that, I asked though. :P

Will add the update, inform on the result then go to sleep since it's 3AM here. :(

Maybe try adding a "home" button in the initial page where it shows "Tales of Pirates" next to the login/register buttons, could be nice. :P