Sign in to follow this  
Invurnable

Tales of Pirates on MAC

Hello !

So recently i started playing on a private server, and as i got addicted, i wanted to play it on my mac. But the thing is, ToP doesn't have mac support, so i've been trying to find 3rd party programs that can cross over from windows to mac. But none of them work.

I've tried several famous apps, like crossover - which you even have to pay for, WineBottler, Wine, WineHQ ect ect.

The program installed correctly (  i think ) but when i try to launch the converted version, nothing happens :/ I'm using El Capitain 10.11.4.

17 minutes ago, Totoka said:

Hello @Invurnable

https://www.virtualbox.org/

It may sounds crazy, but, I was able to run it against a VM,  a few years ago.
*Using windows, but same software has also support for OS X.
Give it a proper amount of resources, and take a look at the video settings.

Ehh, isn't there another way to do it? I'd rather skip creating a VM, and running windows on it. Or well, if that's what you meant

Try not to install it, but instead copy and paste the resulting folder after install to a folder in wine and run using wine. It does work on wine under linux.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Invurnable said:

Ehh, isn't there another way to do it? I'd rather skip creating a VM, and running windows on it. Or well, if that's what you meant

A: Nothing, except a VM +WinX, and Wine on linux ( but you already tried this one ).

Isn't that bad xD

Discord: andresc